PDA

View Full Version : Need a decent TrackIR Profile

Huxley_S
04-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Does anyone have a good TrackIR profile I could download. I just got my TrackIR3 sent from England and am using the vector expansion (a baseball cap with a metal thingy on it. Woohoo!)

I'm having trouble getting a smooth panning movement out of the default profiles, I think maybe the deadzone is a little to 'sticky' if you know what I mean.

Cheers.

Huxley_S
04-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Does anyone have a good TrackIR profile I could download. I just got my TrackIR3 sent from England and am using the vector expansion (a baseball cap with a metal thingy on it. Woohoo!)

I'm having trouble getting a smooth panning movement out of the default profiles, I think maybe the deadzone is a little to 'sticky' if you know what I mean.

Cheers.

SidCheshire
04-03-2007, 09:47 AM
I have one set up how I like it. Do you want to email it to you?

p-11.cAce
04-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Go HERE (http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/tir_setup.htm) for everything you could ever want to know about setting up a TIR - http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Charvel takes you step by step with screenies through the setup using a vector clip. I followed his directions and have never looked back (well, ok maybe to check 6...)

Huxley_S
04-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Sid - please check PM.

Ace - cheers for the link I will give it a look.

I have realised what the main problem might be. The vector expansion doesn't seem to activate when I enter the code for some reason. I get a message saying it has been activated but it hasn't. I have just tried the alternate method using their website for activation... but their site is seriously sloooow. It's like trying to buy tickets for Glastonbury.

Ho hum.

scottmal1
04-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Theres recent post about ensuring everything is really clean, sorted out a stuttering issue.

NP_Vincent
04-05-2007, 02:21 PM
You can also look at some of the user created profiles that we have posted on our website....

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/04-community/community-profiles.html

XyZspineZyX
04-05-2007, 02:34 PM
I second p-11.cAce's recommendation. I had similar troubles(even to the point of getting nauseous) with some of the default profiles. I went to airwarfare and found Charvel's TIR guide and tweaked my profile according to his suggestions. Now I cant and wont fly unless my TIR is turned on.

SithSpeeder
04-05-2007, 04:56 PM
I've got TrackIR4 and 2 profiles...not sure if they play nice with TrackIR3. See my sig link, go to the Downloads page.

Hope that helps.

* _54th_Speeder *

AFSG_Bulldog
04-06-2007, 06:36 AM
I have the TrackIR 4 and I just use the stock profile. Never tried to tweak it as it worked just fine as it was. I did notice that if I wear a white shirt and have on bright lights in the room the refelections off my shirt will cause it to be jerky. So I have a dimmer on my room lights and turn down the lights a bit and everything works perfectly.

So it might not be the profile you are using but the environment you are using it in.

WWSpinDry
04-06-2007, 06:46 AM
Glasses, too, especially looking up from level. If you can't fly with contacts, you might have to watch the tracking window a bit and tweak the preferred pixel size if glasses glints are confusing it. I had some difficulty in that area with TIR2; haven't had the TIR4 long enough to test whether it's still an issue, but last night the glasses reflections did show up on the tracking window when I checked.

WWSpinDry
04-06-2007, 06:50 AM
Oh, for a quick and dirty profile from which to tweak to taste: I used the stock "combat" yaw profile, raised the whole curve by about 10 clicks, then flattened out the little "v" in the middle. The stock one required too much head movement to go to full check six mode, IMHO, but the curve itself wasn't bad. The flat curve across the center is just fine, especially with vector clip; I'm a believer in no dead zones.

Might be a useful starting point for your own experiments.

Diablo310th
04-06-2007, 07:17 AM
I use Charvel3 and love it. No tweaking needed for me.

WWSpinDry
04-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the tip; I'll make a point of downloading that one and trying it out.