PDA

View Full Version : My New Streak on Warclouds: 15

Freelancer-1
11-16-2005, 06:50 AM
Yup, I've been shot down 15 times in a row. I am the new target drone on that server. I should be able to get that streak up to 25 easy.

Here's the situation:

Just got a new X-52

Man, this thing has a serious learnig curve! It's a huge difference from the X-45. I find that the stick forces a REALLY light and the stick throw is REALLY large. The buttons and rotaries don't yet fall readily to hand. There is nothing worse than reaching for flaps and getting zoom view.

There is not much I can do about the stick force. I'm sure I will get used to it in time. As for the the throw, I put a dead zone on the outer 25% so I can get full deflection more in line with what I am used to.

What I would like to hear is if anyone else has had transition problems and what they did to remedy them. I would be interested in what settings people have. I would also ask if anynone knows how to make the rotaries less sensitive for use in trim.

Thanks

Chivas
11-16-2005, 10:51 AM
I fixed my problems with the X52 by putting it back in its box. I had one of the original X52 with a huge built in deadzone that could not be adjusted out.

You can increase your stick resistance by pulling down the spring and placing a 1/4" spacer at the top. Change the size of the spacer to suit.

The rotary sensitiviy can be adjusted in the games conf-ini. There is a tutorial at Mudmovers. http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/sticks.htm

I dread the thought of using my X52 with the new 4.02 FM. It would be wobble he!!. Luckily I have a few old MSPP joysticks that I can repair.

Kyril21
11-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Fix the wobbles> http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/6301003773

Took some time for me to get used to the X52 and the light throw, have since grown to love it. The washer deal helps if you find the light spring too difficult to get used to.

MLudner
11-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Chivas:
I fixed my problems with the X52 by putting it back in its box. I had one of the original X52 with a huge built in deadzone that could not be adjusted out.

You can increase your stick resistance by pulling down the spring and placing a 1/4" spacer at the top. Change the size of the spacer to suit.

The rotary sensitiviy can be adjusted in the games conf-ini. There is a tutorial at Mudmovers. http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/sticks.htm

I dread the thought of using my X52 with the new 4.02 FM. It would be wobble he!!. Luckily I have a few old MSPP joysticks that I can repair.

I still don't get that wobble thing. (Head scratching smiley here) I am using a X-52 in 4.02; nary a hitch. My main difficulty in 4.02 was adjusting gunnery for the new AI maneuvers and the slightly different FM. That's coming around now: yesterday I smoked a P-51D Ace in a 109G10 and today smoked a 109G10 Ace in a Spit IXe ... both very quickly and with little ammo expenditure.
Once I caught up to them, that is...

If you do not believe I'm using a X-52, in that "what we look like" thread I have left a pic of my desk .... with the X-52 sitting right on it.

MLudner
11-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Freelancer-1:
Yup, I've been shot down 15 times in a row. I am the new target drone on that server. I should be able to get that streak up to 25 easy.

Here's the situation:

Just got a new X-52

Man, this thing has a serious learnig curve! It's a huge difference from the X-45. I find that the stick forces a REALLY light and the stick throw is REALLY large. The buttons and rotaries don't yet fall readily to hand. There is nothing worse than reaching for flaps and getting zoom view.

There is not much I can do about the stick force. I'm sure I will get used to it in time. As for the the throw, I put a dead zone on the outer 25% so I can get full deflection more in line with what I am used to.

What I would like to hear is if anyone else has had transition problems and what they did to remedy them. I would be interested in what settings people have. I would also ask if anynone knows how to make the rotaries less sensitive for use in trim.

Thanks

When I switched from X-45 to 52 I had to relearn as well. Just keep flying off-line QMB and such until you get a feel for it. I have never screwed with sensitivity settings myself; I just play 'em where they lay, so to speak.