PDA

View Full Version : Make Nobu viable again

Erhanninja
11-29-2019, 01:37 PM
Is there any way to make her playable again? She got nerfed over and over with every update. Feels so subpar right now playing with her. I'm doing literally peanut damage it takes forever to kill somebody.

They take her feat away saying its unfair and went gave Vorg full block healing in the middle of the battle. Even better than 4th level regeneration feat? How does that make sense? Nobu feats has a cool down other one is passive.

Then took her damage away I cant tally comprehend why. I have to put bleed to actually get same damage in what other spam heroes does.

One of the worst thing is they removed damage for bleed attacks putting her in the same box with PK. But there is massive problem with this. PK gets free bleed attack after heavies. With Nobu I have to separately apply it meaning I have to sacrifice my light attack. So I attack but do no damage. Either I have to parry a heavy which means I have to turtle or throw a light. Nobu lights are easiest to parry in this game. It shouts come and parry me.

Then they nerfed HS ohh it's too strong. But gave JJ HS 2.0

They also removed heavy block into kick which was her only pressure tool.

They also removed swift recoil for some bizarre reason. It was half useless anyway.

Another worst thing about her is stamina. Literally it doesn't exist. I feel like I'm fighting against my own stamina instead of the enemy.

Also in between her triple light combo people can actually dodge the attack. Aramusha does full block stance and blocks second attack.

She has no gap closer. No opener no HA no UB. She didn't have a single improvement while got nerfed over and over. Her dodge attacks doesnt dodge. Her zone doesnt catch people.

Goat_of_Vermund
11-29-2019, 04:53 PM
May I add that her kicks are just free dodge attacks?

Goat_of_Vermund
11-29-2019, 05:19 PM
That would be a good first step. His hs is not that strong.

Goat_of_Vermund
11-29-2019, 05:51 PM
Hers, sorry.

Erhanninja
11-30-2019, 12:43 AM
Yeah forgot to mention her kick is so bad. Cant initiate from neutral. Minimum reward maximum punish. So easy to dodge and free GB. Her kick literally has no range.

garr1999
11-30-2019, 03:27 PM
did they buff her dodge light or her light chain
because to me her lights are still reactable
since the animation for her lights is just a
simple poke or stab they rly need to change her
animation a little and maybe buff her HS
maybe instead of stamina regen like JJ it could do an
animation that gives bleed and unblockable
on the first hit out of HS reduce the stamina
loss going into HS

saskamon
11-30-2019, 05:09 PM
On PS4 lower tier (20 rep total) Nobu is pretty strong. almost OP :-)

But still:
Aramusha can simply allblock your chainlights.

EvoX.
11-30-2019, 05:59 PM
Nobushi is in a very bad place right now. I don't even remember the last time I saw her in a Duel or Brawl. Absolute overnerf without any adequate compensation to speak of, resulting in her regressing from what was a difficult hero to pick up with the highest skill ceiling in the game, to just a difficult hero to play for minimal reward, making her feel outdated. That is one of the last things you want to do in a game.

She's borderline unusable in a Duel, massively outperformed in 4v4. In my opinion, she is either the first or the second on the list for some sort of a rebalance.

Zhantay
11-30-2019, 11:19 PM
Cool, so now I have no defense and no offense. I'm just turtling against everyone with puny punishes, dodging and HS-ing at the right time to land 1 light attack or if I'm really lucky a kick into a wall for a heavy, because if I ever try anything after that first strike it's parried. Have to play almost perfectly, tryharding, just to beat a guy on autopilot. The experienced players won't even fight you they'll just turtle up and make you hate yourself for locking in the Hero. Want to get that cool Ranked ornament? Prepare to battle through waves of bashing Knights, The four Bashing Horsemen: Warden, Lawbringer, Conqueror, and Vortiger will be at every stage waiting for the cat-ear Samurai.
Sorry just rambling, it's very stressful to play Nobushi in any game mode especially Ranked and I'm rep 70 with her.

EvoX.
11-30-2019, 11:51 PM
Have to play almost perfectly, tryharding, just to beat a guy on autopilot.

That's the exact issue with all the bottom tiers in the game. Unreal skill requirement and inadequate performance based on it. Nobushi is one of the worst cases of this currently, she's like a Season 2 character without any exploitable mechanics. Definitely one of the worst duelists in the game, hope she's revisited soon.