PDA

View Full Version : RESOLVED: Ongoing Issue with the Ottoman Connection

Ubi-Bumble
11-26-2019, 03:41 PM
NOW RESOLVED: Nov. 29th

We have implemented a fix that should prevent any 'unranked' leaderboard issues from now on. Your daily reset timers should be back to normal now too.

Thanks, assassins! :o

UPDATE: Nov. 27th

The issue appears to have occurred temporarily yesterday and there should not be any additional issues with Data Nodes not being counted towards leaderboard scores. However, if your scores do not match, we do not expect to be able to roll out a fix before the end of The Ottoman Connection.

We are also still investigating issues with daily reset timers, so if your Daily Objectives, mission completions, etc. reset unexpectedly, know we are currently investigating and will keep you updated about the progress via this thread.

We are currently investigating an issue that results in an 'unranked' leaderboard for some players in the current The Ottoman Connection Helix Rift Event for some players. We don't have any recommendations to share yet, but please stand by for more info as we work on it.:)

-Bumble

LegionOfScales
11-26-2019, 03:48 PM
In case it helps, the moment this bug started affecting me coincided with another untimely reset of my dailies, as has already been reported elsewhere on the forums.

Not sure if it was a coincidence or if the two issues are somehow linked, of course, but they did seem to happen at the same time.

ViTaL007
11-26-2019, 04:00 PM
I have the same obsessive issue.

VaIius
11-26-2019, 04:08 PM
Let me try to guess what could have happened. Someone thought that it would be a good idea after starting the helix rift to add a task for helix points to daily tasks. As a result, daily tasks were reset, missions completed in the regions were reset, and the helix rift leaderboards were reset too. Who would have thought that something might go wrong?

I'm now more interested in whether it makes sense to play now or is it worth waiting for another daily wipe?

LegionOfScales
11-26-2019, 04:14 PM
Re: Helix dalies, those have been a part of the game for months now with no issue.

The current dilemma appears to be some new problem unrelated to the addition of a Helix daily which, again, has already been a feature.

Bothvar
11-26-2019, 04:16 PM
I lost my helix progress in the leaderboards as well but it is still shown in the event progress (synchronization view for the helix event). I hope it is possible to get the progress back to the leaderboards as i've already spent helix credits.

VaIius
11-26-2019, 04:25 PM
Previously, Helix Point tasks appeared in the list of daily tasks only after a nightly reset the day after the launch of the rift. This morning this task was not on the list, as well as it was not right after the launch of the rift. She appeared a little later, and at the same time, everything else was reset.

LegionOfScales
11-26-2019, 04:41 PM
Ah. That makes me more inclined to think this is directly connected to the daily reset bug somehow.

czork
11-26-2019, 06:00 PM
The rankings reset, but progression remained the same, hence those two numbers are no longer in sync. Also, where is Aleski? when you check him for progression, it shows he is available in this event, which shows as inactive. It is his picture on the event poster though.

Way333
11-26-2019, 07:02 PM
I have this issue and I just rushed a mission. It added the points onto progression but created seperate points for a new Rift event. I was 11th with over 300k, in this I'm 67th with 28k....I'm so annoyed...I built up for a month for this event...first one I completed on grand master...and I obviously spent helix

sybyl66
11-26-2019, 08:27 PM
What should we do? Continue playing the event? Or wait to save our tokens?

Ima_Smakya
11-26-2019, 11:18 PM
Whether or not this particular event caused the dailies to reset, they have been doing so since the last patch.
Progression is giving Murat DNA, not Aleksei as advertised. I need Aleksei, not Murat!
Additionally when I complete the last mission one time I'll go up in rank (was in 4th tier) then the next time (2 seconds later) I'll go to 10th tier, then I went back up to the 6th tier.
I too saved and used alot of helix for this for the training room ability... I'm getting pretty disappointed with all of these ongoing and unresolved bugs...

ViTaL007
11-27-2019, 12:46 AM
I turn on the predictor. If Ubi did not fix the bug within first 2 hours, then, as it was previously, the issue will be solved by itself only with the end of the event. All who suffered will receive 500 helix and will have to be glad and grateful for such generosity. (and yes, I'm f*** angry)

LegionOfScales
11-27-2019, 01:04 AM
"I need Aleksei!"

**we all

...need Aleksei.

Feel you, brother.

Ima_Smakya
11-27-2019, 02:58 AM
I'd suggest they mail everyone Aleksei DNA but...
HAHAHAHA

nomad912
11-27-2019, 08:49 AM
I’ve got the same issue and it’s very frustrating - Ishak is my only 2 star hero left and I’m currently down 20 fragments on the reduced leaderboard because of the reset. That equates to about 2000 Helix credits based on the game pricing....

ViTaL007
11-27-2019, 12:12 PM
Alexey missed his plane from Russia, so he was replaced by Murat... ;)

YardemHane
11-27-2019, 12:45 PM
We are currently investigating an issue that results in an 'unranked' leaderboard for some players in the current The Ottoman Connection Helix Rift Event for some players. We don't have any recommendations to share yet, but please stand by for more info as we work on it.:)

-Bumble

Any news? Some players would like to know for some players who have been affected by this bug and some players who are not joining the event until some players confirm the bug is gone.

Jinsei93
11-27-2019, 02:50 PM
Strangely enough, my ranking hasn't been affected or reset by the bug, but my dailies reset at their usual time, and then again a few hours later, and then again just now. The past few days they have reset once in the middle of the day, but today they reset twice...

RaRe0305
11-27-2019, 05:11 PM
Strangely enough, my ranking hasn't been affected or reset by the bug, but my dailies reset at their usual time, and then again a few hours later, and then again just now. The past few days they have reset once in the middle of the day, but today they reset twice...

Oh yes. Please can you fix it ubisoft. I have the same problem.

Ima_Smakya
11-27-2019, 07:34 PM

Same here. It's hard to keep up with three resets. As for ranking, mine seems to just randomly place me anywhere. I know there's competition and all, but +or- 30 ranks is ridiculous.
First place was an Asian person with 548,xxx on my first rush, then after the second he was in the fourth bracket with the same score. I hope we get rewarded for our helix, and not placement on this event *cough* Bumble

Suriyakumar95
11-27-2019, 08:42 PM
I have got 200 helixer as a compensation for the bug issue

Ubi-Bumble
11-27-2019, 08:42 PM

Not all players were affected by the bug depending on when they played missions/ if they received an "expired mission" error. So it's normal if your scores are accruate.

MadMax11D
11-27-2019, 08:48 PM
Does this mean I'll be refunded all my purple dna fragment points?

sybyl66
11-27-2019, 08:51 PM
I have got 200 helixer as a compensation for the bug issue

Same here, but I lost 900 helix credits in this broken event.

Bad deal. :(

KirovClass14
11-27-2019, 09:27 PM
Good Job

Ima_Smakya
11-27-2019, 09:50 PM

Me too, although closer to 1100 helix. It is something, however, so thank you devs!

Sublime1281
11-27-2019, 10:10 PM
Moi je n'ose plus utiliser mes crédits pour avancer car j'ai un pressentiment que rien ne sera fait et que les classements resteront en mode bug. donc je laisse tomber l'événement en question. 200 hélix ne compensera pas ce qu'on a gaspiller au démarrage de l'événement. Décevant.......

Kachocalvo
11-27-2019, 10:15 PM

Me too, although closer to 1100 helix. It is something, however, so thank you devs!

How did you lose so many helix credits if you can only invest 300 a day?

Sideshow Jed
11-27-2019, 10:46 PM
How did you lose so many helix credits if you can only invest 300 a day?

The "refresh daily purchase options for 50 helix" button can be used multiple times a day.

WilliamJLynn
11-27-2019, 10:50 PM
Although I score for more than 480000, in leader board show only 43000. Tt’s not okay for me

Way333
11-27-2019, 10:55 PM
The "refresh daily purchase options for 50 helix" button can be used multiple times a day. Shhhhhhhh

alinghi_100
11-27-2019, 10:58 PM
UPDATE: Nov. 27th

The issue appears to have occurred temporarily yesterday and there should not be any additional issues with Data Nodes not being counted towards leaderboard scores. However, if your scores do not match, we do not expect to be able to roll out a fix before the end of The Ottoman Connection.

We are also still investigating issues with daily reset timers, so if your Daily Objectives, mission completions, etc. reset unexpectedly, know we are currently investigating and will keep you updated about the progress via this thread.

-Bumble
il problema sussiste tuttora

Kachocalvo
11-27-2019, 11:07 PM

The "refresh daily purchase options for 50 helix" button can be used multiple times a day.

Ooops, my fault, forgot about that.

ENT_DocY
11-27-2019, 11:17 PM
I like how Ubi is pretending this is a new problem. I experienced this with the last Altair event, and reported it multiple times. The best support could do was to tell me they have "escalated it" and are waiting for Dev input. **** you Ubi.
What pisses me off is that they are portraying this as a new bug, when it's been around for a while.

Mariahamid
11-27-2019, 11:57 PM
Daily completion resets for me too

dea0001
11-28-2019, 01:29 AM
So what about the people that spent money on the credits? 200 is far from 1100 to 1400 spent. Close to $15.00 USD if you round it out. If you want people to spend money on this game, it is not a good way to support them.

JOSEPOLOM
11-28-2019, 02:10 AM
Thanks for the info

JoshuaManasye
11-28-2019, 07:32 AM
I've already completed the daily missions before it reset

But what I'm still mad about is the rank points that I had collected late in the night XD

Dark_Flashpoint
11-28-2019, 08:54 AM
Used 300 helix, lost score in leader board, received 200 as a compensation - perfect (minus100)

Omnimon
11-28-2019, 09:04 AM
Currently at 848.470, but in rank it is at 773.445. l should be rank 5, but stuck at rank 6.

dmitriy793
11-28-2019, 10:32 AM
Used 300 helix, lost score in leader board, received 200 as a compensation - perfect (minus100)

It did count towards your progression and you got mission rewards (mainly FHC tokens) though. Also, if I understand correctly, all the other players in your bracket lost part of their ranking score too.

D3amar
11-28-2019, 12:22 PM
I have the same problem...

Umparumpa2017
11-28-2019, 01:06 PM
last ranked : 20th. 866,448 pt.
but my real pt is 1,067,038. please fix it.

Liara
11-28-2019, 01:09 PM
It is a bit more complex than that. If I'm not mistaken those of us that were affected were effectively moved to a different group up. My final progression score would have bagged me Top 20 with just over a million. As it counted 225k or more points less, I wasn't even Top 40.

Ima_Smakya
11-28-2019, 01:35 PM
Same, I finished 87th with just over 1 million helix points. What a waste!

r4pidus
11-28-2019, 01:46 PM
No adequate response or adequate compensation. I miss the resources and the results of a hole day and the correct event result.

xowns0509
11-28-2019, 02:52 PM
cant play ACR at least 2hours and Loading still goes on!!
It seems like cant recieve helix rift gift.

What a Perfect Problem!!

AndyRBL
11-29-2019, 05:57 AM
It’s not enough that the dailies are a waste of time because besides the last one they don’t really give me anything, if i don’t complete all of them in one shot, which never happens, i have to do them twice. As for the event; I don’t even know what happened... get you “stuff” together... this game is going downhill

Carita649
12-01-2019, 10:59 PM
This sucks.

I contacted support to get compensation for the loss position and thus reward or at least the helix I spent.
Not only did they ignore my updates and then closed my ticket, but once I reopened it they just said the problem was solved and sent me to this thread.

It does not matter that the bug is solved, I lost my tier 11 reward (would have been even higher than that if I had dared keep spending my helix) and also the 1000 helix I spent to get there and it is not ok to just ignore that and pretend nothing happened.

That other people lost points too is irrelevant for my case since they did not lose the same amount as I did. Some lost more, some less and that means the bracket was totally messed up. If I even ended up in the same one, I am not sure about that.
I provided screenshots of the points I should have had, and which reward it would have given me.

They need to compensate us, some 200 helix is not enough, not even close and what is pissing me off the most is the fact that they think they can just stay silent and hope this goes away. Do NOT ignore us. If you are going to deny us compensation, at least have the guts to come out and say it in plain text.

Cobra3030
12-02-2019, 06:19 AM
This sucks.

I contacted support to get compensation for the loss position and thus reward or at least the helix I spent.
Not only did they ignore my updates and then closed my ticket, but once I reopened it they just said the problem was solved and sent me to this thread.

It does not matter that the bug is solved, I lost my tier 11 reward (would have been even higher than that if I had dared keep spending my helix) and also the 1000 helix I spent to get there and it is not ok to just ignore that and pretend nothing happened.

That other people lost points too is irrelevant for my case since they did not lose the same amount as I did. Some lost more, some less and that means the bracket was totally messed up. If I even ended up in the same one, I am not sure about that.
I provided screenshots of the points I should have had, and which reward it would have given me.

They need to compensate us, some 200 helix is not enough, not even close and what is pissing me off the most is the fact that they think they can just stay silent and hope this goes away. Do NOT ignore us. If you are going to deny us compensation, at least have the guts to come out and say it in plain text.

I'm 100% with you! I spent 1500 Helix credits (about $15 worth), should have come in 1st in my bracket, and came in like 40th!! Support is doing NOTHING to help make things better. I been waiting for Ishak fragments to roll around, and when I end up with 45 instead of 100, 200 credits isn't even a reach around, it's a slap in the face. I can guarantee that this will be the last time I spend money in this game because obviously support doesn't give a damn when they screw paying players.

ViTaL007
12-02-2019, 07:50 PM
This sucks.

I'm 100% with you too!

dea0001
12-04-2019, 10:42 AM
Very good point. I brought this up on the Facebook page. For some people, this is not just points, this is money spent. But they may also be trying to figure out a way to do it fairly too.

Liara
12-04-2019, 01:21 PM
I'm more buggered about missing out on the unique material (it isn't as if it is that easy to farm) than the shards, the difference wouldn't have solved anything for me, but the fact that the only compensation was 200 Helix is worthy of a joke.