PDA

View Full Version : Which version of the ki-61 is the best?

muHamad-ALi
11-05-2004, 08:42 PM
Oh wait they are all horrid.

muHamad-ALi
11-05-2004, 08:42 PM
Oh wait they are all horrid.

muHamad-ALi
11-05-2004, 08:51 PM
Quotes - Ki61
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the two P-38s chasing me had an incredible climbing power. They stood on their tails and were catching up to my Type 3. I felt shivers down my spine. I have never had this experinece before. P-40s, P-39s, F4Fs, and even F4Us could not follow the Type 3 in steep climb. But this twin boomed P-38 was following me with ease!

Yoshio Matsumoto, 103 Independent Chutai, describing his first encounter with the P-38
Himetaru Kusen , Yoshio Matsumoto & Katsuaki Ikuse , ISBN4-7698-2136-0

*cough* UNDERMODELED *cough*

3.JG51_BigBear
11-05-2004, 08:52 PM
Oleg said it will be fixed in the patch.

MK2aw
11-05-2004, 10:24 PM
This plane has the wrong values and oleg said it was a mistake that will be corrected in the patch.

Mk2aw

VW-IceFire
11-05-2004, 10:28 PM
Its actually quite fun right now...its absolutely horrid in performance but the sheer terror you inflict on your enemies when they get shot down is worth it.

Once its patched up...I'm going to be working on this plane.

I think the armament is wrong too yes? The middle one on the list...the one in Red...it has long barrels sticking out. I figured those should be MG151/20's (the 300 or so aircraft equipped with them). But they are Japanese Army Ho 20mm cannons.

I guess we'll see what they do http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Looking forward to the Ki-100 too! Similar aircraft...

WTE_Tigger
11-05-2004, 10:31 PM
Pretty sad that the one fighter the Japs get that isnt a zero was messed up.

Thank goodness it's going to be fixed,

maybe...

WTE Tigger

Waldo.Pepper
11-05-2004, 10:43 PM
Japanese!

and you forgot the Oscar I think.

Korolov
11-05-2004, 10:56 PM
I dunno... I nailed a Wildcat, Corsie and a Seafire in one sortie with the Ki-61. It might be nerfed right now, but danged if it ain't fun to fly!

VW-IceFire
11-05-2004, 11:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Korolov:
I dunno... I nailed a Wildcat, Corsie and a Seafire in one sortie with the Ki-61. It might be nerfed right now, but danged if it ain't fun to fly! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Agreed Koro. Its a very hard bird to fly right now...makes the FW190 look easy. But a little work and it does alright.

TheGozr
11-06-2004, 12:33 AM
Just wonder if they test the game before the release, can we fired the beta tester.. ? hehehehe.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

rodion_zero
11-06-2004, 12:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Its actually quite fun right now...its absolutely horrid in performance but the sheer terror you inflict on your enemies when they get shot down is worth it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

(the following is an online exchange of words after my first, take note, FIRST PF kill)

Rodion: YEEEEEEEHAAAAAA! BANZAI!!!!!!!!

(Some guy who just bailed out of his Corsair): &#^!%$ ****! Youre in a Tony!!!!

Rodion: I know! LOL!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-RODION

actionhank1786
11-06-2004, 01:02 AM
The Ki-100 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
that's the Ki-61 with a Radial right?

Daiichidoku
11-06-2004, 02:51 AM
Flew the Ki61 (Otsu) tonight...wanted to find out what the hubbub about this "POS" type was i heard...
knocked my socks off, actually..to me it has bizarre xharacteristics, but i found it flew very well in spite of that, and while only slightly less in terms of absolute performance in the areas of climb, top speed, dive speed, firepower and damage absorpsion compared to allied and german types, still retaining (IMO) excellent manuverability and ease of control (control harmony?)

IMO, if the Ki61 is any improved in the patch, i think i will have found my favorite new ride...i already love it and think its quite a fighting machine..any improvment and i will feel quilty flying it!..seriously

(curious about the Ki100 too, of course...but I kinda like the speed of the Tony, over the slower 100, specially without haviing to sweat RL engine deficiencies, and the TOny retains more than enough manuverability to deal with most opponents)

GonzoX
11-06-2004, 07:53 AM
I fly it alot and get shot down in it alot.

I can't help it though. Its a beautiful bird inside and out.

That and I have a soft spot for **** planes and absolutely hate flying what everybody else is flying i.e. F4s and Ki84 uber birds.

Looking forward to the Ki100.