PDA

View Full Version : When to switch "main" characters

CParker1987
11-18-2019, 01:27 AM
So I've been pushing the LLGB characters (Luis, Luisa, Beatrice and Gaspar). At what point and which toons should I replace them with? Logic would lead one to believe that once you get some legendary characters, this would replace rares.

Ima-Smakya
11-20-2019, 06:14 PM
With Luisa you really can tank anything with her abilities. She also lockpicks and shadows. She's hands down my favorite character. Beatriz is also a beast with her dodge ability and dps output. Until I maxed Alvarado I used Bea ALOT (and still do if I need the dodge). You could consider Alexios when he's high ranked. He should be AOE.
Similarly, Jorge is still a choice tank even though several epics and legendaries are viable. Gaspar will likely always be your go-to healer.
Don't let his stats fool you: he can clear most jumps and traps. Also it doesn't matter if he's hurt, you just need him alive. He's still my favorite healer even if he's 2k below the power score recommendation.
Some commons just have better abilities, and that's what it's all about!

Ima-Smakya
11-20-2019, 10:19 PM
I forgot to mention, and based on your team choices you probably know that the team recommendations aren't always the best, especially in high regions. Like the disarm role suggested for some missions. There's NO way Hamid can be successful in region 5, even at level 50. I take Najma or Rosa (or both) in this case. You'll have to tailor your teams based on the missions and each toon's progression.
Consider not crafting gear for everyone, rather 1 or 2 of each set and share until you get higher and can afford gearing multiple toons.
You'll need that coin for elite training later on. Even T5 gear isn't perfect.