PDA

View Full Version : New AC = VIKINGS????!!!!

CptCombatGamer
11-17-2019, 10:19 PM
WTF!??

Just read/heard that the proposed new AC be set in Viking times....

Why??? This is ASSASSIN'S CREED! Not, let's play as a BRUTE FORCE the whole game.

You've already released 2 games that required tons of face to face battles....

How about going back to the premise of "STEALTH/ASSASSIN"....

Jeesh, if I wanted a pure hack and slash I'd go play ESO or SKYRIM.....

How about moving it to Japan or China, where stealth play would be more predominant....

Looks like another series going into the dumpster because "new gamer generation" has no patience and thinks every game needs to be run at 100mph....

KmarkoPL
11-17-2019, 10:25 PM
The next Assassins Creed 2020 will have Assassin’s Creed Unity" within an Odyssey
You will be able to meet vikings clans and interact with them.

https://www.ibtimes.com/assassins-creed-2020-ubisoft-ceo-reveals-exciting-plans-game-2840562

Mushashi7
11-17-2019, 10:30 PM
The next Assassins Creed 2020 will have Assassin’s Creed Unity" within an Odyssey
You will be able to meet vikings clans and interact with them.

https://www.ibtimes.com/assassins-creed-2020-ubisoft-ceo-reveals-exciting-plans-game-2840562

"Players will still be completing kill quests, assaulting outposts, and grinding XP to get better loot." :nonchalance:

Olympus2018
11-17-2019, 10:33 PM
Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot, in a recent interview, was asked about the same by GamesIndustry.biz. The Ubisoft executive noted that their goal is to ensure that "Assassin’s Creed 2020" will have "Assassin’s Creed Unity" within an Odyssey. If players want a story that runs for 15 long hours, they can have it in "Assassin’s Creed 2020," the CEO said.

Additionally, Guillemot stated that players will enjoy other stories in "Assassin’s Creed 2020" living in that particular world and pursuing what the game purports each player to pursue. Moreover, there are also many Unity-like experiences in the next iteration of the popular series. "Assassin's Creed 2020" will also have an average of 60 hours playtime and that players will get a lot from investing their time and money in the upcoming game, according to Ubisoft CEO. Gaming Bolt predicted that based in Guillemot's statement, the next series iteration will most likely center on Norse mythology where players will use mythical powers and weapons. Players will still be completing kill quests, assaulting outposts, and grinding XP to get better loot.

"Assassin’s Creed 2020" might allow players to meet various Viking clans and enjoy daily factions in that manner. Rumors have it that the upcoming series iteration will enable players to have an influence on the economy of various regions. Most likely, "Assassin’s Creed 2020" will have Conquest battles similar to "Odyssey" that while it appears flashy, it loses meaning and substance in the long run.

UbiCosmos
11-18-2019, 12:24 AM
Hello CptCombatGamer,

I am going to move this to the General AC forums for you, since this is not about Odyssey specifically.

CptCombatGamer
11-18-2019, 05:37 AM
Ugg, HATED Unity...

We need a mostly stealth Creed to be released.

Tired of all the hack and slash.

And what did Vikings do...Raid, rape, pillage, and used BRUTE force, ie. hack and slash....

Come on, get back to the premise of ASSASSIN'S CREED....the hidden ones...from the shadows...stealth assassinations...

Japan = NINJA vs SAMURAI...plenty of story creativity...Shogunate era....learn to be an ASSASSIN...hire out...kill targets....solve story missions....kill alot of targets....

Have it set around the time of "Christianity" which could be written off as the Templars.....

Not that hard guys....and Japan may look small but it's not...many islands...so you can still do the naval crap....have us Recruit Assassins/Ninja again....Bigger Merc List...Waaaayyyyy More Targets for Assassination.....

Then weave is some story.....

Jeesh...

ProdiGurl
11-18-2019, 12:08 PM
I still have no interest in the Ninja -Samurai thing either.
It's easy to have a stealth Assassin Order anywhere on the map and in time.

I don't know what context he's talking about it being like Unity... but I'm sure he's referring to similarities, not that it will be another Unity game & story.
To be honest, it doesn't tell us much other than they're most likely trying to offer a shorter game within a larger game for 2 types of AC players preferences.

Have it set around the time of "Christianity" which could be written off as the Templars.....
Do you mean Christians as the Templars?

pesto.
11-18-2019, 06:20 PM
You do know that the Vikings were more than just bloodthirsty marauders right? Look up the original of the word “thing” as a starting point.

The IBT article looks like it was written by a bot, however I suspect the gist is - there will be a solid central story arc and set of missions. Something that felt missing in Odyssey where most of the story missions served as introductions to the region they were in rather than being related to Kassandra or Alexios familial arc.

Based on some of the questions Ubi asked in the forums I’d also hazard a guess that they might bring back the coop element too which might be interesting.

cawatrooper9
11-20-2019, 05:49 PM
I'm very excited about the possibilities of whatever this new game is as well!

Since this topic already exists (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2028883-Next-Assassin-s-Creed-game-to-be-set-in-the-viking-age), though, I'd suggest continuing discussion there.

Thanks!