PDA

View Full Version : T5 Gear ideas thread

Scarred
11-14-2019, 03:26 PM
hey all

T5 gear for damage dealing heroes are fine but it is kinda pointless for support heroes, so I've thought maybe ubi could add HQ bonuses for T5 gear, for example;

machiavelli's pouch: increases productivity by :%15 and reduces the duration to generate codices by %15 (basically buffs his codex skill)
rodriguo's pouch: generates %10 more gold when equipped while stationed on treasury.

well, you get the idea, thoughts are appreciated :)

have a great day all

gorgonzola65
11-15-2019, 03:24 PM
You have built 5* gear that enhances some hero Skills. The Ruthless Blades for example gives an extra assassinate attempt to any Assassination skill. So this is a game mechanic that already exists which could be leveraged for this purpose.

Could add an accessory item that can be WORN BY ALL that enhances their HQ perks. One item that would in some way add something to all HQ perk type skills.

Stabby.McStab
11-29-2019, 11:05 PM
My initial inclination is to make them universal items, but you can tether them to specific classes if you must.

Pouch of smoke bombs (add 1 use)
First aid kit pouch
Poison pouch
Belt of throwing knives (limited ammo)
Belt harness (allows use of zipline)
Boots that reduce falling damage (recharge)
Spartan kick boots (weaker than original)
Leapfrog boots (allows positioning swap)

AndyRBL
12-01-2019, 07:36 AM
- T5 chest for Yusuf as there is no alternative.. like there is for assassination heroes for 5 stars
- ability to craft ritualistic swords.. need a 5 star sword for Machiavelli but there is none besides the ritualistic one. The low lvl one does not drop that often in order to craft the big one

Ima_Smakya
12-07-2019, 05:23 PM
My initial inclination is to make them universal items, but you can tether them to specific classes if you must.

Pouch of smoke bombs (add 1 use)
First aid kit pouch
Poison pouch
Belt of throwing knives (limited ammo)
Belt harness (allows use of zipline)
Boots that reduce falling damage (recharge)
Spartan kick boots (weaker than original)
Leapfrog boots (allows positioning swap)

I love these ideas, especially the kick. I'd love to see Alvaro with that AOE kick (not called Spartan, of course).
Poison throwing knives would be sweet as well for existing assassins that wield them.
Also make Ezio and Altair's abilities equal. I see no reason for the difference: Ezio should have a one shot kill too.
You know, since they're rolling out T5 gear so effing slowly!

ichwarschneller
12-07-2019, 07:29 PM
As there is now a DPs-hammer since the latest feature, one more gap is closed and more will follow for sure. Thx Ubisoft team. Some adaptions still necessary in my opinion are to make T5 item skins more individual. So how about giving us the chance to do this ourselfs?

Here's one example, as I imagine:
The only T5 sword available for Rosa is "silent falchion". What I suggest instead is an option "stealth swords T5" in general. When opening the file "swords" in weapon forge menu, I would next click "stealth T5" to determine the bonuses: 1,7k-1,8k damage, +50 dexterity, +50 agility etc. This would provide another menu offering all sword skins: bastard sword, falchion, pirate saber, milanese sword etc. In case of Rosa I would decide for the rapier, while the scimitar looks better for Yusuf and Murat. This would also solve the problem to create a compromise sword for both, Maria Thorpe and Macchiavelli.
For Bayek's sword I'd like to keep the ancient egyptian sickle skin, which is standardly shown as long as his weapon slot is empty.

I'm pleased if you like my suggestions.

Ima_Smakya
12-08-2019, 01:38 AM
Thank you, I definitely do. Re-skinning would be awesome: I'd love to see the T5 gear on the heroes.

Additionally, how about an "Elite Training" room for gear so we can adjust each stat just like the characters.

There's one room idea!

Stabby.McStab
12-10-2019, 07:54 PM
Personally, I'm fine with certain characters resorting to non-specialized weapons like xiphos sword. The power imbalance is a part of the game.
T5 items already come in 3 flavors. Non specialized, class specific, and character unique. As soon as they make Non specialized Weapons in all categories, there will be nothing more to complain about.

Sideshow Jed
12-10-2019, 08:31 PM
Personally, I'm fine with certain characters resorting to non-specialized weapons like xiphos sword. The power imbalance is a part of the game.

It's a terrible part of the game currently being terribly implemented. It should go.

T5 items already come in 3 flavors. Non specialized, class specific, and character unique. As soon as they make Non specialized Weapons in all categories, there will be nothing more to complain about.

Except Legendaries not having their own unique item. And how having the option to grossly overpay for stats directly in no way makes up for the limited specialized utility class-specific gear has.

There will always be something, even if it's just a pretense. Trust.

Ima_Smakya
12-10-2019, 09:32 PM
Agreed, and well put. Especially since the two "fillers" are harder to get than T5 mats!

ichwarschneller
12-15-2019, 12:59 PM
I agree, class or role is completely overestimated, so the T5 item-role-dependent system is actually nonsense. I admit, my last reply was too uncritical about this.
Remind, 3 classes of armour*9 roles=27 T5 types are needed alltogether in theory. 19 in fact, excluding the redundant ones (heavy/stealth, heavy/navigation, light/tank etc.) "Practical" is a different thing.
In kind of weapons we will need 7*9=63 items in theory with actually remaining 26. So one kind of T5 weapon can arm about 2.5 assassins on avarage! Can you please overthink it?

ichwarschneller
12-15-2019, 02:34 PM
1. Heavy/assassin (Ishak)
Ishaks armour is mentioned as a legendary artifact, which will still be added as a unique item for sure.

2. Medium/stealth (Máximo)
"I'm sorry, Máximo, we have to exclude you from assassin role. Your lethality progress is good, but unfortunately you mastered stealth even better by mistake."

3. Medium/support (Maria Thorpe)
We need to excuse that support role itself is still on development. In relation to their few members, support is the most various role.

4. Medium/AoE (Beatriz and Muza)
As it's hard to strike first with a large sword or polearm, heavy armour is recommended for AoE - apparently exept for women and moorish people.

5. Light/AoE (Rodrigo)
As proved by Captain Mendoza, a disadvantage of missing armour can be compensed by quick fencing. But please add this item, though.

6. Medium/DpS (Andrea and Mario)
Interesting fact: DpS is focused on 6 light and 5 heavy ones with only 2 between.

Ima_Smakya
12-18-2019, 07:13 PM
I agree, class or role is completely overestimated, so the T5 item-role-dependent system is actually nonsense. I admit, my last reply was too uncritical about this.
Remind, 3 classes of armour*9 roles=27 T5 types are needed alltogether in theory. 19 in fact, excluding the redundant ones (heavy/stealth, heavy/navigation, light/tank etc.) "Practical" is a different thing.
In kind of weapons we will need 7*9=63 items in theory with actually remaining 26. So one kind of T5 weapon can arm about 2.5 assassins on avarage! Can you please overthink it?

Especially when you consider some roles have a blurred line at best. Alexios would make a better AOE and Shao a better assassin, and we can tank almost anyone with Luisa, for example. With elite training we can really cross-class any toons.
This is a great idea and should go just below the blue icon issue on the list.

Ima_Smakya
12-20-2019, 12:17 PM
1. Heavy/assassin (Ishak)
Ishaks armour is mentioned as a legendary artifact, which will still be added as a unique item for sure.

2. Medium/stealth (Máximo)
"I'm sorry, Máximo, we have to exclude you from assassin role. Your lethality progress is good, but unfortunately you mastered stealth even better by mistake."

3. Medium/support (Maria Thorpe)
We need to excuse that support role itself is still on development. In relation to their few members, support is the most various role.

4. Medium/AoE (Beatriz and Muza)
As it's hard to strike first with a large sword or polearm, heavy armour is recommended for AoE - apparently exept for women and moorish people.

5. Light/AoE (Rodrigo)
As proved by Captain Mendoza, a disadvantage of missing armour can be compensed by quick fencing. But please add this item, though.

6. Medium/DpS (Andrea and Mario)
Interesting fact: DpS is focused on 6 light and 5 heavy ones with only 2 between.

Please implement 4 and 5 ASAP. Templars are actually laughing at my poor Muza :(

ichwarschneller
01-26-2020, 09:09 PM
How to avoid creating 27 different tier5-weapons and 18 tier5-armours (or even more, if new heroes request new item-role-combinations):
Just reduce the 5*-items to 1 or 2 for each file in forging menu and give them some little, general bonuses. All of them should be available to any class/role of heroes. Actually it was a great idea to introduce role-specific gems as new crafting materials (although they're a little too rare). So what do you think about transfering some specific bonuses from the item itself to the gems? Examples:
"Coal"=lethality, Obsidian=dexterity, Coral=agility, Soapstone=health, Ruby=damage, Malachit=defense...
In this way we could adapt an item's bonuses ourselfs by choosing the gem, when forging it. Of course, neither it should depend from the gem, if a hero can wear an item, at all.

To be continued

PS: Ima, if you want to refer to this reply, please don't copy it completely again. It takes to much space ;-)

StuntmanDan84
01-31-2020, 11:01 PM
That would’ve been a much better system but I think they would’ve had to implement that originally and we’re now stuck with the system we have.

What annoys me is that it should be pretty easy to add in the extra gear. Given the sluggish pace of updates I suspect the dev team is shrinking.

Ima_Smakya
02-02-2020, 09:08 PM
PS: Ima, if you want to refer to this reply, please don't copy it completely again. It takes to much space ;-)

Yes I do quotes and edit because there's no need for lengthy yellow boxes lmao! ;)
I agree, they are focusing more and more on aesthetics than actual content.