PDA

View Full Version : Greetings, Ghosts!

UbiBard
11-13-2019, 06:57 PM
I'm UbiBard and Iíll be working here at Ubisoft as a Community Manager.

Just wanted to take a quick second to introduce myself. Youíll see me here on the forums and across other channels (as UbiBard) as well. I've already seen the dedication to a comprehensive experience and the comradery between players within the community and itís admirable. I look forward to learning more about your experiences and needs on Ghost Recon as well as getting to know the community for myself!

fastastoast
11-13-2019, 07:13 PM
Welcome, and good luck.

TrickShady
11-13-2019, 07:23 PM
Hi, Welcome and yeah definitely good luck

stormcrow7719
11-13-2019, 07:44 PM
Welcome. Perhaps you got any info on whats going on? Will the stupid vest-bug be taken care of? Getting sick and tired of jumping in and out of biovac just to get the right ammo pouches. Will you do anything about the sliding down hill? Thats just stupid. What will you do about the 152345 other bugs in this game?

oofnir4
11-13-2019, 07:56 PM
Welcome UbiBard, this is a trial by fire then, tough spot.

And good luck of course.

NazcaS98
11-13-2019, 08:03 PM
I hope you will work good, because this game isn't good yet

guest-AA3QNp9C
11-13-2019, 08:27 PM
Good luck to you friend!

WhatTheEfff
11-13-2019, 08:27 PM
Well I hope you've come across the fella Mr Jock (SofaJockey).

Please let the community know when they would receive his copy of Breakpoint 😁

On the otherhand if offline is not implemented then unfortunately I won't be purchasing.

UbiBard
11-13-2019, 08:34 PM
I hope you will work good, because this game isn't good yet

I know there are a lot of discrepancies with the game currently. Based on what I've seen since starting in this role, the team here is hearing you, and that's why I'm here too: to listen. I'd love to know what kind of fixes you're looking for beyond the most recent patch (and be sure to take that community survey (https://ubi.li/nFuue))!

UbiBard
11-13-2019, 08:44 PM
Welcome. Perhaps you got any info on whats going on? Will the stupid vest-bug be taken care of? Getting sick and tired of jumping in and out of biovac just to get the right ammo pouches. Will you do anything about the sliding down hill? Thats just stupid. What will you do about the 152345 other bugs in this game?

The hope is to make sure Ghost Recon Breakpoint is the best experience it can be. While I don't have any new information right this second, I'll be sure to provide updates as soon as I can. In the meantime, feel free to check out the known issues list (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2135484-Tom-Clancy%E2%80%99s-Ghost-Recon-Breakpoint-Known-Issues-Updated-Oct-25-2019) here on the forums.

UbiBard
11-13-2019, 08:49 PM
Welcome, and good luck.

Much appreciated! Let me know if there's anything I can help with.

UbiBard
11-13-2019, 08:50 PM
Hi, Welcome and yeah definitely good luck

Thanks! I'm looking forward to discussing the game with the community.

TrickShady
11-13-2019, 08:56 PM

I hope you've got a pen and a long piece of paper. ;) lol

HellMeat
11-13-2019, 10:00 PM

Can you please start with an explication of why Breakpoint was released in the state it was, why Beta feedback was not addressed, and what Ubi intends to do to compensate the people who purchased Breakpoint on release? I offered to send the game back to Ubi HQ on my dime if they would reimburse me the $60 I paid the 3rd day I had it (was getting married and moving, so it took me a couple days to check it out), if this is an option please PM me.

Not trying to be a jerk, I genuinely want to know why Ubi treats it's customers like garbage. I feel like others here would like an answer to this questions as well.

bigsurviver
11-13-2019, 10:06 PM
no missions and cant join any one error codes every time

stormcrow7719
11-13-2019, 10:42 PM
Hi. When will Ubosoft start fixing this mess they created? When will the vest bug be fixed? Im getting sick of jumping in and out of biovac 10-15 times before I get the right ammo pouches matching my ASR. Its amazing that this game got released with this bug...
So. If you are Ubisofts answer to this mess, you better get started..

Slarlac249
11-13-2019, 10:44 PM
as they say on the internet...

tis gunna be gud

*munch...munch*

*folds out chair*

AI BLUEFOX
11-13-2019, 10:52 PM
Welcome UbiBard!

CompleteMuppet
11-13-2019, 11:51 PM
Welcome, but the "Known Issues List" is a F* joke. it contains roughly 1 half of 1 percentage of known issues that are listed in the forums.

There's no f* point to keep that list if it's not updated several times a day. With that, people could stop posting duplicate bug reports and you could actually see HOW F* MANY BUGS THERE ARE.

Peace..

FSDB1
11-14-2019, 12:09 AM
Jeezzz, goodluck then! I think you would've been way happier working for Infinity ward. But, is there any update about a allowance for gold/premium players for this piece of poop game?

SardTecnocrat
11-14-2019, 12:47 AM
I think the sloap animations are awesome and very realistic. See? It's a matter of taste. The game is really amazing and it's a pity nobody is talking about all the many strongpoints it has. Sometimes it looks like somebody is paying people to hate certain games. We are getting the more advanced gaming experiences in history by Ubisoft and people keep complaining about the most absurd topics. It's mostly embarrasing, like watching babies cry who don't know what they have at hand.

CrockfordCK
11-14-2019, 01:52 AM
With complete transparency, I'm currently playing through Wildlands.

Bard, Besides Wildlands, have you played any other Ghost Recon games? Wildlands is a great game, but to fully understand why so many people are upset with Breakpoint you'll need to look further into the past iterations of the franchise.

To understand the points of view of others, make yourself a few different outfits in Wildlands. Take note of the options available and how they fit on your character's model. Do the same thing with the gun smith. THEN hop on Breakpoint and do the same thing.

To understand the view point of nearly everyone, after your download of Breakpoint completes, go ahead and turn off your router and enjoy the $60 experience of being a "Lone Ghost".

At the very least, check out some of these: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ghost+recon+history

Welcome aboard and good luck.

JaredNomac86
11-14-2019, 01:53 AM
I think the sloap animations are awesome and very realistic. See? It's a matter of taste. The game is really amazing and it's a pity nobody is talking about all the many strongpoints it has. Sometimes it looks like somebody is paying people to hate certain games. We are getting the more advanced gaming experiences in history by Ubisoft and people keep complaining about the most absurd topics. It's mostly embarrasing, like watching babies cry who don't know what they have at hand.

Didn't play Wildlands I take it?

MasterTro11
11-14-2019, 02:16 AM
The hope is to make sure Ghost Recon Breakpoint is the best experience it can be. While I don't have any new information right this second, I'll be sure to provide updates as soon as I can. In the meantime, feel free to check out the known issues list (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2135484-Tom-Clancy%E2%80%99s-Ghost-Recon-Breakpoint-Known-Issues-Updated-Oct-25-2019) here on the forums.

Welcome UbiBard. What's the deal with not giving refunds or partial refunds for those that aren't happy with this game? Also, when did Ubisoft stop supporting SLI?

Mars388502
11-14-2019, 02:30 AM

Hello UbiBard,

Thank you for introducing yourself and good luck putting up with us. I would like to point out something to you:

The list of known issues bas been updated 2 weeks ago and maybe should be updated a bit more often, specially since the last update that seems to haven't solved many if the issues it was supposed to.

It would be appreciated if you could update more often in order for us to stop duplicating threads that Ubisoft is aware of.

Thank you in advance and welcome

MikeWeeks
11-14-2019, 02:35 AM

Exactly what are those "many" strong points?

GAP_Computer
11-14-2019, 03:47 AM
Welcome aboard UbiBard and good luck

Spitfirex8286
11-14-2019, 05:14 AM

So this all means we get a refund and a new team will create the next game?

This game is better than Wildlands. But that isn't a major feat. Still too many issues with the game to recommend anyone buys it. I put in as much time as I have because nothing else worth buying right now.

BDubberous82
11-14-2019, 07:15 AM
Welcome! Thank you for addressing this question, even though your answer is very conservative. I too will confirm this bug. I have used the known issues reporting system for this bug. Many times. Sure others have too. Although not game breaking, itís obvious An one. Hard to ignore. Really points out the poor quality of the game upon release. Yet after two patches is yet to be fixed. This is very frustrating. Please bring this issue to your devs team. They will have record of this issue Iím sure. Why is this not a priority on a visually focused means of entertainment. .

stormcrow7719
11-14-2019, 07:29 AM
"Known Issues". Jeeeeze. Is this what Ubisoft thinks is the only things wrong with this game??? Are you kidding me? The vest/ ammo pouches bug then? Are you telling me that Ubisoft intended for that to be there? What about the sliding down hills faster than a helicopter could take you the same distance? What about enemies screaming after headshots? Intended?

SapperDaddy39
11-14-2019, 10:49 AM
Hey Bard,

Anyone who is here to help improve things is very welcome in my humble opinion.

Also taking this opportunity to wish you all the best in your new role here.

FalkonFreja
11-14-2019, 11:44 AM
Hi UbiBard,

Welcome.

Could you let me know why the Ophei MK II helicopter stopped having the missiles lock after the last patch?

Before I could take down the small flying drones with the missiles now I have to bump into them and cross my fingers I won't break the helicopter on the process.
Taking down a helicopter is trial and run.

I'm not asking for a new feature. Just put the things the way they were.

I spend real money to buy this helicopter and I feel cheated on this matter.

Since the A.I. mates won't be available anywhere soon due to the uge task the developers face this was my work around to level things.

Best regards

solokiller
11-14-2019, 01:10 PM
Make sure you play Future Soldier as well so you understand why people prefer its Gunsmith.

henniko_
11-14-2019, 01:43 PM
Welcome good sir

UbiBard
11-14-2019, 03:20 PM
Bard, Besides Wildlands, have you played any other Ghost Recon games? Wildlands is a great game, but to fully understand why so many people are upset with Breakpoint you'll need to look further into the past iterations of the franchise.

To understand the points of view of others, make yourself a few different outfits in Wildlands. Take note of the options available and how they fit on your character's model. Do the same thing with the gun smith. THEN hop on Breakpoint and do the same thing.

To understand the view point of nearly everyone, after your download of Breakpoint completes, go ahead and turn off your router and enjoy the $60 experience of being a "Lone Ghost".

At the very least, check out some of these: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ghost+recon+history

Welcome aboard and good luck.

I've dabbled in Future Soldier, but I plan on playing all of the ones I can get access to. Everyone has a favorite in the series, and I've seen at least a handful of the games mentioned as being a contender. I want to understand what makes a game someone's favorite as well as their least favorite.

Thanks for sending along that link, I'll be sure to check some of those out. My search history has suddenly become full of weapon and gear information.

DEATH-_DEALER-_
11-14-2019, 04:01 PM
Welcome aboard bro. 😎

Patch871
11-14-2019, 04:06 PM
Thx for introduction, I just do not know what it will be good for. Forum is full of angry users, silent admins and list of known issues that has 1/3 of its supposed lenght. I am slowly falling to apathy, because all the things Ubisoft did wrong and which are just stacking up. Game was a flop, it should never be released in this tech state. Bug fixes and surveys, instead of new content are dissapointment, even if they are so much needed. Significant price drop helped you, but angered us...I am really trying to like this game, but it is so hard...

TheNonLethal
11-14-2019, 04:58 PM
Welcome bard and congrats on your new job and role in here!

UbiBard
11-14-2019, 05:02 PM
Hello UbiBard,

Thank you for introducing yourself and good luck putting up with us. I would like to point out something to you:

The list of known issues bas been updated 2 weeks ago and maybe should be updated a bit more often, specially since the last update that seems to haven't solved many if the issues it was supposed to.

It would be appreciated if you could update more often in order for us to stop duplicating threads that Ubisoft is aware of.

Thank you in advance and welcome

Working with the team currently on the Known Issues list. This should be updated soon, so sit tight.:)

UbiBard
11-14-2019, 05:03 PM
Hey Bard,

Anyone who is here to help improve things is very welcome in my humble opinion.

Also taking this opportunity to wish you all the best in your new role here.

Much appreciated! I want to see how I can help make you feel like you're all well communicated with.

UbiBard
11-14-2019, 05:06 PM
Hi UbiBard,

Welcome.

Could you let me know why the Ophei MK II helicopter stopped having the missiles lock after the last patch?

Before I could take down the small flying drones with the missiles now I have to bump into them and cross my fingers I won't break the helicopter on the process.
Taking down a helicopter is trial and run.

I'm not asking for a new feature. Just put the things the way they were.

I spend real money to buy this helicopter and I feel cheated on this matter.

Since the A.I. mates won't be available anywhere soon due to the uge task the developers face this was my work around to level things.

Best regards

This is something I've heard from a few other people. The team knows about this as of now, but I'll add your experience for reference as well. If you have a video of this happening/not happening, that would certainly be helpful. :)

UbiBard
11-14-2019, 05:12 PM
Thx for introduction, I just do not know what it will be good for. Forum is full of angry users, silent admins and list of known issues that has 1/3 of its supposed lenght. I am slowly falling to apathy, because all the things Ubisoft did wrong and which are just stacking up. Game was a flop, it should never be released in this tech state. Bug fixes and surveys, instead of new content are dissapointment, even if they are so much needed. Significant price drop helped you, but angered us...I am really trying to like this game, but it is so hard...

Just wanted to intro myself so people felt like a line of communication was open. If I don't have the answer to something right away, I'll let you know. The team is working on fixes and improvements, but being frustrated is understandable. I don't have a magic wand I can wave to fix everyone's wants immediately, but I do want to help make progress.

UbiBard
11-14-2019, 05:12 PM
Welcome bard and congrats on your new job and role in here!

Thanks so much!

GhostEagle68
11-14-2019, 05:20 PM
welcome and congrats on joining the team! Looking forward to exciting stuff coming to Ghost Recon Breakpoint in the future! :)

Sweetdue
11-14-2019, 05:35 PM
For me, it's a quality product, without bugs, visual and technical defects. Online gameplay is fair and stats accurate. Where the cheaters are weeded out. A game you can depend on that every time you turn it on, rather than the game making you angry while discovering bugs that makes the product an unenjoyable experience and make you disappoint. It needs to be dependable and technically sound for it to take off. So it can become competitive and people would keep on playing and building up their skills etc.

UbiBard
11-14-2019, 05:48 PM
Closing thread for future conversation as it still requires me to approve all comments to the thread. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Great meeting you all!