PDA

View Full Version : GW Estimated Search Time And Match Correction Ruined By Recent Patch

SeemannAOOBE
11-13-2019, 12:35 PM
The patch yesterday (1.0.3) messed up the match "correction" -- if someone drops after the first round, we move into the next round without picking up a player. This can be huge when multiple people drop, turning a 4 v. 4 into a 1 v. 4, whereas the day prior it would search and snag the people required to make it 4 v. 4 again. An alternative, if Ubisoft isn't going to revert back to the prior behaviour, would be to rebalance the teams, although that would mess up the scoring, which brings me back to the "revert the behaviour" -- I would rather pick up a player and give them half a match than have to run GW with a reduced team.

A second thing to note is that the "Estimated time" for searching or finding a match is completely out of wack as of the patch. Mine is constantly showing in upwards of 99 minutes, even though it takes less than 2 minutes.

SeemannAOOBE
11-13-2019, 12:41 PM
The "drop" thing, by the way is incredibly important given how readily BP drops people if their connection drops for even a second. I've been dropped from several matches erroneously and I've seen a lot of others dropped, too, in such a way. The dropping is discussed more here (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2156967-Millisecond-Connection-Drops-Kicks-You-Out-Of-Game-GW?p=14646585#post14646585).

SawBones26
11-13-2019, 12:51 PM
Im sorry but I like it. Even if I have to go 1 or 2v4 every now and then. I get so annoyed with trying to play with players with bad connection. N it not that bad, I play with a buddy that had McDonald's connection and he hasnt dropped out of any matches yet n nobody has complained about him lagging. So I think they should keep it as is. If your connection isnt as good as McDonald's then maybe look into getting better connection. Its not fair to have to play people that are lagging everywhere or those that purposefully lag to gain an advantage.

SeemannAOOBE
11-13-2019, 01:00 PM
Lag and connection-drop are two separate things. It's not like connections drop frequently and you could even have an "allowance" per match or something, if you're worried about people abusing it. More importantly, what I suggested is that the player stay put during this period, which makes them easier to kill and when they come back, they haven't teleported -- they are back where they were when they dropped.