PDA

View Full Version : Game wonít launch

denesn88
11-12-2019, 02:55 PM
I purchased the game from ps store, installation was successful but the game wonít start. I get the first screen with the title and the deer staring at me, then it goes to a black loading screen with an eye symbol in the bottom corner and itís stuck there. I deleted and reinstalled the game to see if it helps (currently on my 3rd time doing this) but it just wonít go through the loading screen and itís extremely frustrating. Anyone else had this issue and can tell me what to do? I canít even return the game since itís from the PS store so as of now it just seems like i payed for a black loading screen.

Ubi-Keo
11-12-2019, 04:50 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this, it is not a known issue.

Could you please try these (https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/Faqs/000025633/Basic-PS4-Troubleshooting) PS4 troubleshooting steps to see if it helps to resolve the issue.

denesn88
11-12-2019, 05:28 PM

Could you please try these (https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/Faqs/000025633/Basic-PS4-Troubleshooting) PS4 troubleshooting steps to see if it helps to resolve the issue.

It finished downloading again, this time it got stuck on the opening screen with the deer and then my ps4 completely shut off, canít even restart it only after i unplug it. Every other game works perfectly fine, Far Cry 5 worked perfectly that i just finished earlier today but this one is messing up my whole console with all these restarts and shut offs.

denesn88
11-12-2019, 05:44 PM

Ok, so i tried everything in the link you attached (except for the try another system) and nothing works. The console keeps shutting down after being stuck for about a minute on the Far Cry New Dawn screen.

Ubi-Keo
11-12-2019, 07:15 PM
I'm sorry to hear that none of the troubleshooting steps provided have worked.

Do you have the game installed on your internal or an external hard drive?

There are no known issues with the digital version of the game not working and we have not received any other reports.

denesn88
11-12-2019, 08:05 PM
I'm sorry to hear that none of the troubleshooting steps provided have worked.

Do you have the game installed on your internal or an external hard drive?

There are no known issues with the digital version of the game not working and we have not received any other reports.

Internal hard drive. I already contacted the PS store team for a refund and told them the game completely crashed my console in case this caused serious issues to the system (PS keeps shutting down, wouldnít even let me delete the game only after the 4th try)... Iíll get a disc copy of the game tho cause Far Cry 5 was beyond amazing (finished it today) and i was so stoked to see what happens in the new one, just sucks that the game messed up my perfectly fine console.

denesn88
11-12-2019, 09:07 PM
Update : i initialized my ps4, nothings working..at all. Like literally nothing. I dont know what couldve happened but im 100% sure your game messed up my whole device as it had zero problems before i tried to launch it.

Ubi-Keo
11-14-2019, 11:49 AM
Far Cry 5 and Far Cry New Dawn are great games. If you enjoyed Far Cry 5 then you will enjoy New Dawn.

I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with the digital version of Far Cry New Dawn as we would have received more contacts about it. Other players would be downloading the same game files as yourself.

I am unsure what is causing the issue. Please let us know if you experience any issues with the disc version.