PDA

View Full Version : Pe-2 issues.

monkeyhat
05-02-2006, 07:01 AM
Dear IL-2 fans,

We want to let you know that Ubisoft is well aware of the problems that some of you may have faced when trying to download or install the Pe-2 add-on. We sincerely apologize for this. Boonty and Ubisoft are currently working on solving these issues as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support, we will keep you posted in the coming days.

monkeyhat
Community Manager, Ubisoft UK.

JG52Uther
05-02-2006, 07:06 AM
I think you need to do some serious PR work here.

Boontybox<---------10 miles---------------->UBI

Popey109
05-02-2006, 07:20 AM
Thank you very much MonkeyHat http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif this is what I've been waiting for.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

dixiechick1964
05-02-2006, 07:25 AM
Need serious PR relations ?

Hey, at least they apologized and said theyd try to work the issues out. I'll give them a break just for trying.

Worf101
05-02-2006, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by dixiechick1964:
Need serious PR relations ?

Hey, at least they apologized and said theyd try to work the issues out. I'll give them a break just for trying.

Yeah, much as I hate this whole sordid mess, I do give Ubi some credit for "manning up" and apologizing and working on a fix. I love this game and the community it's spawned. Yeah we fight like cats and dogs sometimes but what family doesn't. Hopefully we can put all this behind us and get back to flying and discussing more important issues like which plane is porked and which is uber and alik.

Da Worfster

LEXX_Luthor
05-02-2006, 07:37 AM
What's wrong with mail order?

The most successful businesses offer products through the mail -- PC games sold in Retail "game" stores always fall in value within months. The Retail software distribution method itself may be the reason for quickly falling prices after a few months, just to make shelf space for newer titles from countless game companies.

Drop a CD or DVD in jewel case, wrap in paper envelope. We don't even need F-16 or F-18 on a box cover.

AWL_Spinner
05-02-2006, 07:43 AM
Yeah (monkey)hats off to 'em!

(I'll get my coat).

Seriously, everyone in a semi-official capacity here has done a very good job of informing and helping those with installation worries and problems. At the end of the day, everyone WANTS to buy Maddox games, it's just that the delivery channel needs some tweaking!

I love my Pe-2 now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Toten_Waffe
05-02-2006, 08:41 AM
Boonty Box is definitely porked.....if it doesnt appear to do any of the things it says it could http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

ManfredB2004
05-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by monkeyhat:
Dear IL-2 fans,

We want to let you know that Ubisoft is well aware of the problems that some of you may have faced when trying to download or install the Pe-2 add-on. We sincerely apologize for this. Boonty and Ubisoft are currently working on solving these issues as soon as possible.

monkeyhat

Thanks for the excuse but how do you explain the message I got from UBI support on my request for a working download link? I quote:

Hello,
Unfortunately we can not change anything on Booty's web-site, they're a separate Company, they have a link on our site which offers downloads, we do not provide this service, you may try amazon.com or your local gaming company, try contacting Boonty to get assistance on downloading there product. Thank you for contacting Ubisoft.

I did neither buy from Amazon nor from a local gaming company, I purchased directly from the UBI store and I paid 25 for a download software that simply doesn€t work and then getting such a mail add insult to injury. I wonder what this gut has to do at a shop support side when he doesn€t even understand that I have a sales contract with the UBI store and no one else and it is on UBI to fix this problem.

KG26_Oranje
05-02-2006, 08:49 AM
thanks for the support.

Buht how do we get PE2?

This counts for the small groop of people that are not able to pay electronical or ahter forms of internet payments and for the low ends internet speed connection.

S! Oranje

Troll2k
05-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Who is monkeyhat?

Where is that ficticious Ubirazz?

monkeyhat
05-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by ManfredB2004:
Thanks for the excuse but how do you explain the message I got from UBI support on my request for a working download link? I quote: Hey Manfred, this sounds like confusion within our support team. They should be aware of this issue. I'll check on this. monkeyhat.

crazyivan1970
05-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Folks, lets not pick up fight, ok? Thanks for stopping by and making this statement monkeyhat http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

It was a rough weekend for us, but we pulled thru, didnt we guys?

Slapp
05-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Dear IL-2 fans,

monkeyhat

Thanks for the heads up monkeyhat; good of you to post and let us know. I am one of many loyal customers waiting eagerly to buy this product as soon as these problems have been ironed out.

BTW, is there any chance of you finding out if there is the possibility of having a CD version available to us?

Cheers

S!ap

wintergoose
05-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Thank you for your apoligize monkyhat.
Seeeng forvard to the oficial fix so my coputer stop crashing.
I am ground crashing enough as it is with the plains.
I am not so hanged up in the Boonty Boks, my most importen programs the wirrusprograms ar all bought via downloads over the net for years.
But computercrashes I dont like.

Viking-S
05-02-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
Folks, lets not pick up fight, ok? Thanks for stopping by and making this statement monkeyhat http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Yes it was! Had a really rough weekend with the Il2 campaign in PE-2.

Viking

Slapp
05-02-2006, 10:49 AM
@Viking http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Worse for me, I finally got a chance to go on the "Winds of War server"(great server) last night after a long spell of no-flying; you know, to get away from the real world, bontybox, forums and the likes, and the dammed server changed from 4.04 to 4.05!

Lol (nervous laughs with twitches of the head)

LeOs.K_Walstein
05-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Thank you, Monkeyhat. I realized that the "Boonty Box" was intented to be useful and - why not - something fun. But having installed the "Booty box" my computer slowed down much. After uninstalling it everything seems allright again.

What ever was the intension in programming the "Booty Box", it did not work for me. I am not complaining and I do understand that you have your priorities. I want to thank you for allowing uninstall of the "Booty Box". Unlike the "Starforce" which I got with the "SIlent Hunter III", I could easily uninstall the "Booty Box" as soon as I felt like it. I do appreciate it.

Kindly,
Wallstein

RegRag1977
05-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Slapp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by monkeyhat:
Dear IL-2 fans,

monkeyhat

Thanks for the heads up monkeyhat; good of you to post and let us know. I am one of many loyal customers waiting eagerly to buy this product as soon as these problems have been ironed out.

BTW, is there any chance of you finding out if there is the possibility of having a CD version available to us?

Cheers

S!ap </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with you Slapp! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Platypus_1.JaVA
05-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by crazyivan1970:

Indeed CrazyIvan. I think the whole issue with Boontybox and installation we had here has hit UBI pretty hard. How long is it since we had a real Community Manager in here? (okay, I'm just being sarcastic)

Anyways, thanks indeed to 'monkeyhat' for letting us know that UBI does indeed know of some problems with the Boonty Box program. Seems like a seperate company. I've uninstalled boontybox right-away after I had flown the Pe-2 myself and I'm going to do the Il-2_FB.exe thingie.

Monson74
05-02-2006, 12:27 PM
I just hope that the next addons will be packed w/o that troubling copy-protection - it was completely unnessesary & easy to bypass anyway. We could do w/o the registry-thingy as well - a lot of people installed their IL2 FB years ago but have reinstalled or upgraded their OS since - patching IL2 has always been easy so shouldn't we keep it this way? But thanks anyway http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HQ1
05-02-2006, 01:01 PM
ho! that 's realy annoying! it seems the game can work after I install the pe2 addon. but yesterday due to some reason i reinstall my OS. then reinstall my PF and all patches needed.then install the pe2 again. but after i type in the same unlock code which i used before. i get the following error message:

<span class="ev_code_RED">We are sorry but an error has occurred. Please renew your order in a few minutes. Ensure your card information is correct, including the expiry date.
</span><span class="ev_code_RED">If the problem persists, please contact the technical service and tell them exactly what sort of problem you have encountered.</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">Excuse any inconvenience this may have caused. </span>

Does anyone met the same problem? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Da_Godfatha
05-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Problems? The only problems are with the people themselves. I just wish I had bought stocks in the Tin Foil shares ! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Most of the so-called problems are self-made. Just look at alot of the screen shots. People, turn off all that fancy desktop junk! Most of you have so many icons on the desktop, it most likely takes 20 minutes to boot-up! XP needs to be thinned out for game playing.

Leeching info from the computer? How many use wireless LAN. Do you know with my laptop and a program I got off the net I can use YOUR internet? Not to say that I can monitor every transaction you do while online. Be for real, read more that just these forums.

In a nut shell, most people are just plain old p*ssed that they have to pay for the next Addon. Plain and simple. I always said that when they must put their money were their mouth is that they would fold like a old Army cot.

It is a pain, but with all the scurvey pirates out there, Ubi and 1C must somehow protect their hard work. I just wonder how many of the people have problems are running a Legit copy of this game ?

Just my 2.50 Euro.

BM357_TinMan
05-02-2006, 02:54 PM
My $.02....

Ubi messed up by with me by

NOT OFFERING THIS IN US MONATARY UNITS (that slight just rankles sorry)

and if they were going to have something besides what was being bought installed on your system, they should have made the buyer completely aware of it. This should be regardless of what BB does or doesn't do, and regardless of whether BB works flawlessly or not.

By just assuming that they could spring this BB thing on us after we've paid and downloaded the software tends to tell me a little about what UBI thinks of their customers.......

Destroyer110
05-02-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm Very annoyed how UBI snuck Boontybox on my system without any obvious warnings before installation.

I had an old email address stored on my UBI account and the installation wouldn't allow me to change it, so I never received my key. When I tried to go back and reinstall after changing my email address, it wouldn't work! So I've had to send a email off to some French(???) user support site ... hopefully I'll get my key and not some french attitude .. "YOU! stupid English type fool, cannot use OUR system .. HA!! if you were Ffffffrench you wouldn't have this problem! I FART in your general direction ... " etc etc.

I plan to copy the pe2 exe to my IL2 directory and run it from there (once I get my key) and DELETE this boontybox ****! IT HAD BETTER WORK! I bought PE2, not this other ****.

BTW, I was charged V.A.T. tax ???????? I'm in Australia, we don't have VAT!

I think UBI used this installation to look for illegal copies of their software, which I partially understand, but I feel most IL2 simmers would be trustworthy lovers of flight, not criminals so no need for this. If on the other hand UBI have used this installation to steal private information then thats illegal.

I recommended before they use online upgrades to save on distribution costs but what they've done is a mess!, other companies can do it painlessly so why not UBI?

... so I've paid for PE-2 (inclduing VAT), got the PE-2 EXE (and other ****) and am now waiting for my key ... UGGG!!!! I hope the new EXE works in the IL2 directory!

gprr
05-03-2006, 12:33 AM
Destroyer110

1-Mind your way of spiking
2-If you want your key go to the ubi store and yor order and you'l find your key there
3-For any other problem go here:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9691071834

Slapp
05-03-2006, 01:12 AM
Good morning.

I noticed that the Pe-2 is still available to download Monkeynuts; does that mean the problems have been addressed?

Also, you might want to get the graphic chaps to sort the props out on the second PE-2 in your online advertisement for the product http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif :

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/4015/pe2copy2uk.jpg

Cheers

S!ap

edit: nevermind, saw the correction.

strewth
05-03-2006, 03:35 AM
Oh, good one Slapp!

Name calling to somebody that is trying to be of assistance is really a great way to show your matrurity, or should I say - - Lack of.

If I had to take a random guess at your age from reading a post like this, it would rank pretty low. The bloke was trying to help us out in his own way and I would say that IMHO, I don't think that the community really requires your input if it is going to be delivered with the attitude of a brat.

I would also like to add that I am not too fussed on the setup from UBI as I had to DL on a puter with Many Errors (ME) on it and after paying up and getting the boonty thingy on, I find that I can go no further. I am not impressed at that at all, but refuse to lower myself to mocking a bloke that has come online to try to inform and help us.

Nuff said for now.

Manos1
05-03-2006, 03:55 AM
Dear IL-2 fans,

monkeyhat

Thank you for the statement, Monkeyhat.

Indeed, it caused quite some confusion to many of us and the result was that some people (the less computer litterate) prefered not to download the official add-on in order to avoid potential trouble.

This also caused the more litterate (like myself) to download the add on in a different PC in order to avoid potential trouble (history proved I was right).

I hope you understand that some people spend considerable amount of money for top class hardware in order to enjoy playing this game in the most favourable conditions.
We have therefore extreme "allergy" when others (=Booty) "mess around" with our systems.

On the other side, I feel I should thank you for:
- Making the add-on accessible in a relatively easy way (internet download) and with enough bandwidth to avoid conjestion problems.
- Easy payment procedure
- Providing a reliable download manager (I know most people flame it but, Booty could continue a stopped download and for people with very slow connections this is a big advantage).
- Separating the payment procedure and code from the download procedure (in some countries we still have people with ISDN lines and we had to find ways to forward a CD with the file on it).
- Simplified security protection. There was much discussion about it and the way the system confirms the code but, after the first installation and code check everything works smoothly and I can use the program in whatever directory I want.
- Nice pricing, although I would have prefered a price around EUR 10,00 because it would be closer to the "indifference" curve, EUR 15,00 was OK and it saved me the hassle of trying to search for the product plus 2 hours of my time driving to the local shop.

May the next add on works better!

Slapp
05-03-2006, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by strewth:
Oh, good one Slapp!

Name calling to somebody that is trying to be of assistance is really a great way to show your matrurity, or should I say - - Lack of.

If I had to take a random guess at your age from reading a post like this, it would rank pretty low. The bloke was trying to help us out in his own way and I would say that IMHO, I don't think that the community really requires your input if it is going to be delivered with the attitude of a brat.

I would also like to add that I am not too fussed on the setup from UBI as I had to DL on a puter with Many Errors (ME) on it and after paying up and getting the boonty thingy on, I find that I can go no further. I am not impressed at that at all, but refuse to lower myself to mocking a bloke that has come online to try to inform and help us.

Nuff said for now.

strewth, I was trying to figure out what on earth you was referring to m8...Then it hit me!
Christ, talk about a faux pas...I was reading another thread at the time and someone posted his name as I did and it must have just stuck in my pea brain€¦

I sincerely apologies for getting monkeyhat€s name totally wrong...Really, I mean it. I would never intentionally name call, especially to a chap who made the effort to address the situation in hand.

Monkeyhat, sorry m'old fruit. It was a genuine mistake from my part and no harm was meant.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention strewth.

S!

Slapp<crawling under a rock >

Manos1
05-03-2006, 08:45 AM
Besides the comments on the post above, what I am really crossed about is that you screwed up the cookies of my browser and now I have to log in everytime I want to make a post here... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Not good....

A.K.Davis
05-03-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Manos1:
Besides the comments on the post above, what I am really crossed about is that you screwed up the cookies of my browser and now I have to log in everytime I want to make a post here... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Not good....

Hey, me too! I demand justice!

ManfredB2004
05-03-2006, 11:13 AM
[/QUOTE]Hey Manfred, this sounds like confusion within our support team. They should be aware of this issue. I'll check on this. monkeyhat.[/QUOTE]

Monkeyhat,

I really need your help, actually I purchased the Ultimate Edition and I really want to get it, though a refund would only be the solution if nothing else helps.
As a matter of fact it seems impossible to download a file of the size of this package ( 600+ MB) with Boontybox, once I thought I got it, the download was at more than 200 MB already than the server connection was dropped again and the whole things started all over from 3MB.

strewth
05-03-2006, 03:02 PM
strewth, I was trying to figure out what on earth you was referring to m8...Then it hit me!
Christ, talk about a faux pas...I was reading another thread at the time and someone posted his name as I did and it must have just stuck in my pea brain€¦

I sincerely apologies for getting monkeyhat€s name totally wrong...Really, I mean it. I would never intentionally name call, especially to a chap who made the effort to address the situation in hand.

Monkeyhat, sorry m'old fruit. It was a genuine mistake from my part and no harm was meant.

S!

Aww Heck, I always have time for a bloke that will stand up and take it on the chin. That is a credit to you Slapp.

No hard feelings. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gifMaybe just proof read the next one before pressing "Post Now" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Crash_Moses
05-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by A.K.Davis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Manos1:

Not good....

Hey, me too! I demand justice! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this is a separate issue, gents. I've been having the same problem for a couple of weeks as have others. The forum administrators are aware of the problem and it may even be fixed by now.

More info here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/2051065934

Slapp
05-03-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by strewth:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Slapp:

S!

Aww Heck, I always have time for a bloke that will stand up and take it on the chin. That is a credit to you Slapp.

No hard feelings. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gifMaybe just proof read the next one before pressing "Post Now" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No hard feelings m8ty, cheers.
I will definitely pay more attention in the proof reading department next time...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Reminds me of the time when I said to my manageress (whom I had not seen for a least a month) with genuine enthusiasm and a large smile whilst looking down at her belly: "That€s great! you€re pregnant"...It was the look of death followed by a €œNO-I-AM-NOT!€ that made me realise the horrible truth...She had been over eating and drinking and put on the most weight...I remember feeling almost sick with embarrassment and guilt because she looked so hurt by it...I must admit though, it didn€t take long for my pals and I to see the funny side of it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

S!ap

I_AM_Spartacus
05-03-2006, 07:46 PM
HI, this is my 1st time i ever post in here, . what i need to know is when is pe2 going to be selll on a US site, i cant buy from the curent european site because my visa devit card will not vertified. Im going through withdral here and arcade view dont help it. PLz help

Chuck_71st
05-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had any trouble running water 3 since installing this last patch? maps in quick mission will not load so now i cant get any nice screens of my new planes I payed for.Back to water 1 for now......

Destroyer110
05-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by gprr:
Destroyer110

2-If you want your key go to the ubi store and yor order and you'l find your key there

BULL-CRABS!!!! My key is nowhere in my UBI store account.

wintergoose
05-04-2006, 03:39 AM
I run with water=3 and have no problems with that after the update to Pe-2
On other campains that Pe-2 i have no problems.

gprr
05-04-2006, 05:57 AM
Destroyer110

This is the last time I'm helping you.
1-Go to "my accuont" at ubi.com/uk
2-Find "my orders" and choose "I want to know the shipping details for the order"
3-Go back and find "shipped?"
4-Click on "yes"
5-Find "Delivery Slip N?" and click underneeth,you'l find your key there.

gprr

Crazy_Goanna
05-04-2006, 06:54 AM
How about putting the three patches on a cd and marketing them without the hassle of this boontybox stuff? Its not so important that we can't wait for all these upgrades as there is still a life to be had and experienced offline, rather than making all this hassle over what ostensibly is a game and therefore a recreational activity, albeit a fun one but nevertheless still a distraction from life's real purpose and activities. Mellow out and wait. We are not children and having to access our christmas/birthday preseents at the crack of dawn before the family wakes as would have happened when we were all 3 yrs old. 'Patience grasshopper'.

Shrike_UK
05-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Thanks Monkeyhat, can we just post a Cheque to you?, maybe a few quid extra if you like for a burned to CD non-bootybox version?, posted to us like mail order?. it could have an online activation key or something, no prob, so long as its not booty plz.

p.s. has ubirazz departed ubi ?

Destroyer110
05-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by gprr:
Destroyer110

This is the last time I'm helping you.
1-Go to "my accuont" at ubi.com/uk
2-Find "my orders" and choose "I want to know the shipping details for the order"
3-Go back and find "shipped?"
4-Click on "yes"
5-Find "Delivery Slip N?" and click underneeth,you'l find your key there.

gprr

What a complicated mess but eventually found it and have successfully unlocked it.

Thanks

ku101_Star-C
05-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Not meaning to be rude here, but I cannot even get Boonty Box to run to have all the other problems everyone else is having. Whenever I attempt to run it I get a "BoontyBox has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I attempted to contact Boonty , but they will not answer questions about specific games. Their site tells me I need to contact the company I purchased from, but Ubisoft support forums won't let me submit my question (and there is nothing about Pe-2 listed there).

I love the game, I'm willing to go through proper channels to get this resolved, but I fear my patience is wearing a bit thin.

I appreciate Monkeyhat working on this and I hope for a quick resolution to all of our problems.

gprr
05-04-2006, 11:49 PM
Hi ku101_Star-C

The boontybox won't run on Windowos 98/ME,so if you have one of those OS that's your problem.
Sorry but can't help you more.
Maybe you should turn to luthier1 to help you more at ubi/boonty.
Hope things will get sorted out for you.

gprr

ku101_Star-C
05-05-2006, 08:16 AM
Actually I run Windows XP Professional service patch 2. Theoretically, it should run perfectly. However, I will attempt to contact Luthier1 and see what he as to say.

Thank you!

Chuck_71st
05-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Ok ..I figured this out,when i re-installed my game,i downloaded patch 4.02 instead of 4.02m.
I kliked the right link but, UBI soft has the links reversed so you klik on merged and you get the stand alone patch and vice versa...DOAH!!, any ways they need to fix that because it can cause alot of pain for computer ******s like myself lol.

WTE_Ibis
05-05-2006, 11:29 PM
My problem is Boontybox is in French and if I select English in preferences it stays in French,
Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong please.

WTE_Ibis
05-06-2006, 01:03 AM
Found it, thanks anyway.

AKA_Vudyat
05-06-2006, 06:48 AM
I went to download PE 2 and was directed to a Gottdamned fu fu, fi fi,wee wee, website.
See ya later!

AKM_Shaman0v
05-06-2006, 09:04 AM
I got an othere problem
ONLY in Pe-2 after 10 min I got "Memory can not be read ... error" What is up with that?
Any other missions or compains are fine.

don5560
05-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by WTE_Ibis:
Found it, thanks anyway.

Hi, can you please tel me how you solved the problem?

Gruffysquirt
05-06-2006, 01:12 PM
I had to install in French (no setup language options). But once I ran Boonty, I clicked on "Preferences" to the left. At the top is the "Langue" dropdown. Click English there, then click on the left of the two buttons in the lower right (the equivalent of "Okay"). Restart Boonty by right-clicking on the icon in the tray and clicking "Fermer Boonty" (or whatever it is), Then Boonty again.

Voila.

deege1961
05-06-2006, 07:23 PM
I bought the PE-2 patch from UBI. I downloaded and successfully installed the BoontyBox program which then began and completed the download of the game. The problem is that no downloaded game shows up in the BoontyBox download window.
What gives?

deege1961
05-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Nevermind, I figured it out. But what a royal pain in the a**s this all is.

DmdSeeker
05-07-2006, 06:01 AM
It's nice to see UBI acnowledge that they've made a tremendous mistake in their distribution policy; but I'd really like to know what's being done about these three concrete issues; all of which have been expierenced by members of my squad:

1) Booty box is offered only in French regardless of user options. Most people in the world do not use this language.
2) Booty has problems coping with a non standard installation path.
3) Once the download is run and the game updated; booty continues to run in the background even after uninstallation.

I know many here will post "it's easy to fix!". Well; that's not good enough. It may be fixable; but it's not the end users job to fix it; it's the suppliers.

As of now our squad (and, I suspect, the community as a whole) is divided amongst those that have managed; after some effort, to obtain the goods they have paid for and subsequently removed every trace of the unwanted application from thier systems; and those who refuse blankly to update for fear of system corruption (again, I can hear cries of "it can be fixed!"; and again, that's not the point).

This is of no bebefit to either the end users nor the supplying company. It's a poor situation and I'd like to know what's being done about it.

gprr
05-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by deege1961:
I bought the PE-2 patch from UBI. I downloaded and successfully installed the BoontyBox program which then began and completed the download of the game. The problem is that no downloaded game shows up in the BoontyBox download window.
What gives?

Go here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9691071834
Changing exe files to the ones of 4.04 version will mend the problem.

gprr

Reiska07
05-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Im really wonder why its possible download(and pay) this add-on because its NOT work(installing) Im disappointed!!!!

redfeathers1948
05-07-2006, 02:18 PM
DmdSeeker said

I know many here will post "it's easy to fix!". Well; that's not good enough. It may be fixable; but it's not the end users job to fix it; it's the suppliers.

I`ll second the #### outa that home's http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Slapp
05-08-2006, 12:53 AM
It's been a week now, any news on solving these issues Monkeyhat?

S!ap

BenvZijl
05-08-2006, 06:31 PM
last friday my pc crashed so i had to reinstall, now i try to reinstall IL2 ultimate pack but get the following errors

The transaction ID that you entered is incorrect as it refers to another game.

Please enter the ID that was sent to you by mail when you purchased IL-2 Ultimate Pack. When you have done this, click on the €œTest€ button.

If you no longer have the transaction ID, you can click on the button €œReturn€ to get back to the home page, or click here to report your problem to the help desk. A response will be sent to you within 48 hours.
if i use the transaction ID as code

or i get an error with connection or something like that(it only is visible for a few sec)
when i use the key given to me for unlocking.

anyone know the awnser, i mailed Ubi but that can take a while

alphalimaalpha
05-08-2006, 08:03 PM
I paid and downloaded PE2/Boontybox last night, thinking that perhaps issuses had been resolved, got the whole thing in french and wont/cant use it because of that. I dont know what Im accepting or refusing. Can anyone translate the process to install without burdening ones PC with Boontystuff after? so that I check the appropriate boxes in the french version? Conversely ,MonkeyHat can you put a bug in your techsupports ear in Montreal or suggest an alternative to my current options of waiting for an email back from your techsupport in UK.Montreal UBI techsupport suggested first that I shouldnt/couldnt have bought the upgrade as it was only for Europe,I didnt see anything refering to exclusivity, then suggested that I phone London from here in Vancouver, British Columbia,Canada. I am dissapointed so far in the process but am looking forward to seeing you restore my faith in Ubi and Maddox games good intentions.
alphalimalpha

jarkko2004
05-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Why cant Ubisoft answer the CD/DVD question?
They only need one word - yes or no.

Dr_Nick1959
05-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by AKM_Shaman0v:
I got an othere problem
ONLY in Pe-2 after 10 min I got "Memory can not be read ... error" What is up with that?

I have exactly the same problem - it was a struggle installing PE-2, but I managed it. The game launched perfectly and all the new aircraft are accessible, but in campaign mode the game locks after 10-15 minutes with 'memory cannot be read.......' and can only be shut down via the XP task manager. This is something unique to PE-2; I've never seen this with IL2 or PF. Both are fully patched and work perfectly on their own. I hope that when the Boontybox problem is addressed, this can be fixed too; What I've seen of PE-2 so far is great!

Cheers,
Dr Nick.

gprr
05-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Dr_Nick1959:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AKM_Shaman0v:
I got an othere problem

I have exactly the same problem - it was a struggle installing PE-2, but I managed it. The game launched perfectly and all the new aircraft are accessible, but in campaign mode the game locks after 10-15 minutes with 'memory cannot be read.......' and can only be shut down via the XP task manager. This is something unique to PE-2; I've never seen this with IL2 or PF. Both are fully patched and work perfectly on their own. I hope that when the Boontybox problem is addressed, this can be fixed too; What I've seen of PE-2 so far is great!

Cheers,
Dr Nick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9691071834
Changing exe files to the ones of 4.04 version will mend the problem.

gprr

Takata_
05-09-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by alphalimaalpha:
I paid and downloaded PE2/Boontybox last night, thinking that perhaps issuses had been resolved, got the whole thing in french and wont/cant use it because of that. I dont know what Im accepting or refusing. Can anyone translate the process to install without burdening ones PC with Boontystuff after? so that I check the appropriate boxes in the french version? Conversely ,MonkeyHat can you put a bug in your techsupports ear in Montreal or suggest an alternative to my current options of waiting for an email back from your techsupport in UK.Montreal UBI techsupport suggested first that I shouldnt/couldnt have bought the upgrade as it was only for Europe, I didnt see anything refering to exclusivity, then suggested that I phone London from here in Vancouver, British Columbia,Canada. I am dissapointed so far in the process but am looking forward to seeing you restore my faith in Ubi and Maddox games good intentions.
alphalimalpha

Well, that's what happened to many people. The installation process is running in French by default.

Here is a way to start an English setup with the French installer (assuming you already tried to install Boontybox):

1. Drag "boontybox_Ubisoft_{1973}.exe" in your desktop (or download it from the Ubi link).
2. Uninstall Boontybox first (if previously installed)
3. Clean your registry from Boontybox keys (regedit)
4. run "boontybox_Ubisoft_{1973}.exe"
5. the EULA text is in French, don't bother, accept it.
6. Uncheck everything in the next panel, hit "suivant"
7. Uncheck "lancer boontybox" (launch boontybox) before hitting "terminer" (finnish).
8. Boontybox is installed, but not running yet.

- Now, before running Boontybox (which will auto-start the Pe-2 download) you'll need to change the boontybox default language in your registry:

1. Go to start menu, run "regedit".
2. find the key below: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Boonty\BoontyBox\Langu ages
3. in right panel, change (double-click) the first "ab" box (default = fr), change the value "fr" with "en".
4. close "regedit"

- Next, run Boontybox from your program menu. The download will start and everything after this point will be in English.
Boontybox will download the Pe-2 addon's file named: "il2-pe2.exe" at this default location:
C:\Program Files\My Downloaded Games.

S~
Takata

son_boelie
05-10-2006, 04:44 AM
This has probably been asked before, but i cant find it anywhere.

I downloaded the game and i have the il2-pe2.exe file, only when i try to run this file. It says something like this:

"vous devez installer la version complete du jeu avant de pouvoir installer cet Add-on."

My guess about the meaning is that i dont have the full game installed, while my current version 4.04 is.

What do i need to do?

Also, according to the PE-2 Installation guide you need to use this folder to open the .exe file.
C:\Program Files\Boonty\BoontyBox\My downloaded games\il2-pe2.exe

But my download is going automaticcaly to this folder: C:\Program Files\Mes Jeux Téléchargés

Does this pose a problem?

I have my game installed on the E:/ disk.

Shrike_UK
05-10-2006, 06:04 AM

S!ap

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

gprr
05-10-2006, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by son_boelie:
This has probably been asked before, but i cant find it anywhere.

I downloaded the game and i have the il2-pe2.exe file, only when i try to run this file. It says something like this:

"vous devez installer la version complete du jeu avant de pouvoir installer cet Add-on."

My guess about the meaning is that i dont have the full game installed, while my current version 4.04 is.

What do i need to do?

Also, according to the PE-2 Installation guide you need to use this folder to open the .exe file.
C:\Program Files\Boonty\BoontyBox\My downloaded games\il2-pe2.exe

But my download is going automaticcaly to this folder: C:\Program Files\Mes Jeux Téléchargés

Does this pose a problem?

I have my game installed on the E:/ disk.

For first porblem:
Fix by 609IAP_Recon and others,
"This post fixed my 'need full game' issue:

http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=144&t=004590

Created file - ie. il2.reg

copied this in below and ran it - make sure your path is right:

- copy start -

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\Game Service Games]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\Game Service Games\IL2FB_COOP]
"arg"="GS COOP"
"directory"="C:\\Program Files\\Ubi Soft\\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\\GSData"
"exec"="C:\\Program Files\\Ubi Soft\\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\\il2FB.exe"
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\Game Service Games\IL2FB_COOPERATIVE]
"exec"="C:\\Program Files\\Ubi Soft\\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\\il2fb.exe"
"directory"="C:\\Program Files\\Ubi Soft\\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\\GSData"
"arg"="GS COOPERATIVE"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\Game Service Games\IL2FB_DFIGHT]
"arg"="GS DFIGHT"
"exec"="C:\\Program Files\\Ubi Soft\\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\\il2FB.exe"
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\Game Service Games\IL2FB_DOGFIGHT]
"exec"="C:\\Program Files\\Ubi Soft\\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\\il2fb.exe"
"arg"="GS DOGFIGHT"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles]
"language"="en"
"directory"="C:\\Program Files\\Ubi Soft\\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\\"
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\1.0]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles AEP]
@=""
"Directory"="C:\\Program Files\\Ubi Soft\\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\\"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles AEP\1.0]
@=""

- copy end -

S!
609IAP_Recon"

For 2nd problem:
If the french file looks to be opend file with folders like in the game,you can actually copy them to the game but not the new exe file that should be the old ones with 11kb size,it will save you from validation and from memory errors.

gprr

son_boelie
05-10-2006, 09:30 AM
thanks, it worked!!!

ManfredB2004
05-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Shrike_UK:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Slapp:

S!ap

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For me it€s solved, I canceled my order.

I was told by UBI support that Boonty Box is working now, though I downloaded a new version and tried again. The download went on quit nicely and as it was almost completed 600 Mb +X ( I ordered the Ultimate Edition) the damn thing told me that the connection was lost and started all over again, though finally I asked UBI to cancel my order or to send me a reliable download link.

And as I expected after having got some rather impolite support mails from UBI Shop support they did not bother to give my another download link or to tell me that my order was canceled, they simply send me an update note referring to my shop account and their I found that my order was removed.

Great and kind support indeed, as much as I like Oleg€s Game(s) such attitude to paying customers is unacceptable.

alphalimaalpha
05-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Takata_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alphalimaalpha:
I paid and downloaded PE2/Boontybox last night, thinking that perhaps issuses had been resolved, got the whole thing in french and wont/cant use it because of that. I dont know what Im accepting or refusing. Can anyone translate the process to install without burdening ones PC with Boontystuff after? so that I check the appropriate boxes in the french version? Conversely ,MonkeyHat can you put a bug in your techsupports ear in Montreal or suggest an alternative to my current options of waiting for an email back from your techsupport in UK.Montreal UBI techsupport suggested first that I shouldnt/couldnt have bought the upgrade as it was only for Europe, I didnt see anything refering to exclusivity, then suggested that I phone London from here in Vancouver, British Columbia,Canada. I am dissapointed so far in the process but am looking forward to seeing you restore my faith in Ubi and Maddox games good intentions.
alphalimalpha

Well, that's what happened to many people. The installation process is running in French by default.

Here is a way to start an English setup with the French installer (assuming you already tried to install Boontybox):

1. Drag "boontybox_Ubisoft_{1973}.exe" in your desktop (or download it from the Ubi link).
2. Uninstall Boontybox first (if previously installed)
3. Clean your registry from Boontybox keys (regedit)
4. run "boontybox_Ubisoft_{1973}.exe"
5. the EULA text is in French, don't bother, accept it.
6. Uncheck everything in the next panel, hit "suivant"
7. Uncheck "lancer boontybox" (launch boontybox) before hitting "terminer" (finnish).
8. Boontybox is installed, but not running yet.

- Now, before running Boontybox (which will auto-start the Pe-2 download) you'll need to change the boontybox default language in your registry:

1. Go to start menu, run "regedit".
2. find the key below: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Boonty\BoontyBox\Langu ages
3. in right panel, change (double-click) the first "ab" box (default = fr), change the value "fr" with "en".
4. close "regedit"

- Next, run Boontybox from your program menu. The download will start and everything after this point will be in English.
Boontybox will download the Pe-2 addon's file named: "il2-pe2.exe" at this default location:
C:\Program Files\My Downloaded Games.

S~
Takata </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks very much for the help, Ubi customer service finally got back to me today as well and sent me a link to another download with the english version.
So after some nail biting, hair pulling and making faces silently at the monitor all is well and I have the game up and running. Thanks again Takata, and thanks Ubi.

stickn
05-11-2006, 06:41 AM
Then I'l also finaly managed to download and install 4.05

I did the ordering trough this link

http://shop.ubi.com/default.asp

payed by my Visa ang got my code.

BUT the BoontyBox stuff turned me down....

I got some mfc71u.dll error

but after some suport from Ubistore I got a link that let me do the download without the boontybox-stuff

this one:

http://dl.boonty.com/download/Ubiso...ish/il2-pe2.exe

and after carerfully reading the guid found on this link

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forum...83/m/9691071834

I knew about the do and dont's

And I have added some .bat files that let me switch between 4.04 and 4.05 by a simple click!!!

ref. this...
http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/0405switch.htm

Go on chaps, get it.....

StickN

By the way, I'l had to refresh the pointer to my IL2fb.exe in hyperlobby

But this is probably a better startpoint...

http://www.airwarfare.com/boontybox.htm

chriswatton
05-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Well, I have just paid 10 for this joke of a download, I get everything in French (can see no choice of language whatsoever until the boontybox program has already begun downloading the file!) I then change the settings to English in the Boontybox screen, but it's still all in French, so I haven'r a clue what to tick and what not to! I am downloading the program again right now, but don't hold out much hope, I click on the PE2 icon and I get an error messege, DLL something or other is missing.....please try and reinstall the application...
This is not on! It is way too complex if all goes to pot, and I am now 10 out of pocket for a totally useless bit of software, because of this Boontybox rubbish!

Not happy, and this is the last time I ever download anything from Ubisoft, why am I not allowed to install the program myself, I paid for it? And why should I then, to try and get round the prob, have to spend half the night fiddling with settings, and manually directing the program where to go?

A complete and utter joke!

Sorry for the rant, I just hate it when something that should be so simple turns out to this much hassle!

Takata_
05-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by chriswatton:
Well, I have just paid 10 for this joke of a download, I get everything in French (...)
Sorry for the rant, I just hate it when something that should be so simple turns out to this much hassle!
S~ Chriswatton,
I understand your rant. If you don't want to mess with the language turnaround, a very very very simple way to go is to install it in French:

- Keep in mind that it won't change your game language settings, the French install is exactly the same binaries as the English one, only the installation process will differ with language.

- To do it, follow the linear process, uncheck everything during all the process. You will find the downloaded file (il2-pe2.exe) here:
C:\Program Files\Mes Jeux Téléchargés

- Run it; Uncheck everything (but accept EULA)

- End of the process, you may have to check the "installation guide" to see how to get rid of "Boontybox" stuff.

S~
Takata.

chriswatton
05-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Hi Takata, Than you for understanding , I don't usually go off on one! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
It appears I now have it sorted, but it has taken two full evenings to do it!
The game is great, it's just the way they're distributed that lets the overall experience down.

Chris

ku101_Star-C
05-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Okay folks, I've tried to get support from Ubisoft on this entire Boonty Box issue to absolutely no avail. I've cleaned my system completely of all evidence of non-functioning Boonty Box program bits (uninstalled and cleaned up registry keys with regedit) and I've redownloaded and reinstalled the French only version of it. Following the instructions here, I changed the registry setting so that it will run in English - not a problem. HOWEVER, it still will not run on my machine (Windows XP Pro with service patch 2 installed). It crashes as soon as it is launched.

Now, I'm a reasonable person. I'm willing to go the extra yard to get a quality product like the Pe-2 add-on, but at this point it's been two weeks since I paid my hard-earned money for this product and it STILL DOES NOT WORK!

There is a major problem here and I need someone in authroity to repsond to these problems. I feel enormously frustrated and quite honestly cheated at this point.

I simply cannot believe that anyone from Maddox Games has not reponded with what they are working on to fix ALL the issues that we are having. That's just poor customer service, and if they expect to have us as a customer base for their new air sim (BOB), they might just want to rethink that because I for one am so unimpressed with the way things are being handled here that I currently plan NOT to buy it.

I apologize for the rant, I'm just feeling ignored. I simpy want my bloody game to work!

Bigpilot4u
05-12-2006, 01:19 AM
Well, I am also having the memory error crash when flying the pe-2 campaign. When I tried to bring back the 4.04m .exe files, all my career games don't exist anymore. So, that's out of the question. What else can i do besides wait for this issue to be solved my Ubi/Maddox?

AVG_WarHawk
05-12-2006, 01:27 AM
Considering what Star-C has been through, I think he's kept his post relatively civil. After a day & 1/2, I'm surprised a ubi.com rep. hasn't made an effort to assist this customer.
I for one would like to support 1:C by purchasing this update as well as future add-ons. So far I've seen only a small effort on ubi's part to alleviate customer problems since posting their apology on the PF site. I'll continue to be a hold-out on this update as well as future releases(including BoB)until I see stronger customer service. My apologies to Oleg.

F19_Olli72
05-12-2006, 11:08 AM
After all trouble of downloading and installing PE-2, my productkey sent to me was incorrect: "The transaction ID that you entered is incorrect as it refers to another game".

Thanks a lot UBI. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Worf101
05-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by F19_Olli72:
After all trouble of downloading and installing PE-2, my productkey sent to me was incorrect: "The transaction ID that you entered is incorrect as it refers to another game".

Thanks a lot UBI. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif
I got the same message last night. Now is when you cut and paste in the "Old" exe's and the game will work.

Da Worfster

F19_Olli72
05-12-2006, 01:11 PM
Thanks Worf! Guess i missed that part. But really, this Boontybox thing, next time could they hire a guy who knows the meaning of "user friendly" to recode it. Even with the help of my bro (who already installed it on his computer) things went wrong.

Worf101
05-12-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by F19_Olli72:
Thanks Worf! Guess i missed that part. But really, this Boontybox thing, next time could they hire a guy who knows the meaning of "user friendly" to recode it. Even with the help of my bro (who already installed it on his computer) things went wrong.
No problems M8 that's what we're here for. Just make sure you cut out the existing Boonty exe's and put in pre patch exes or those copied from the original FB CD.

Da Worfster

Reiska07
05-12-2006, 03:11 PM
My version works now and thanks for Takata.

Slapp
05-20-2006, 01:30 AM
Dear IL-2 fans,

monkeyhat

Monkeyhat; Ubisoft Community manager, are you ever going to reply and keep your customers updated?
It's been almost 3 weeks since your last post here...Please respond!

DmdSeeker
05-20-2006, 01:44 AM
This lack of information is most frustrating.

I do want to buy the add on; but not in it's "as released" state; and given the present level of communication; how am I to know if any issues have been addressed or not?

I've seen some recent postings that suggest some changes have been made to the install process; but without confirmation; I'm unwilling to take a chance.

Could we have some interaction from Ubisoft please??

ku101_Star-C
05-23-2006, 02:13 PM
I for one am extremely disappointed in both Ubisoft and Maddox Games on this particular issue. I paid my money and Boonty Box/Pe-2 simply does not run (and I run Windows XP Pro SP2, not Windows 98). Were I of a paranoid nature, I would begin to think like Hand Freak Solo that that "they" think the whole issue will go away by ignoring it. Not being paranoid I will continue to bump this thread until there is an official response.

I look forward to hearing an official statement in the near future.

WWMaxGunz
05-26-2006, 07:34 AM
Perhaps UBI responds on a French forum?

Yo UBI! People are waiting for a fix in order to SEND MONEY!
How about let them know if there is going to be one for 4.05 just out of courtesy?

And...............

Bump.

Slapp
05-28-2006, 12:33 AM
monkeyhat, Community Manager of Ubisoft UK, please answer!
It's been almost a month since you started this thread! Surely Ubi must have some news by now?
The least you could do is keep us informed.

Come on Ubi chaps, please show a bit of support.

steve_v
05-28-2006, 11:55 AM
Timeout.
I have deleted the posts that "bump" what is otherwise an on-going issue, and considered spam. monkeyhat will post when he has something to say, and the thread will remain open for community input.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/The_Presz/timeout.jpg

Slapp
05-29-2006, 01:14 AM
Steve_v, if you are in contact with Monkeyhat, could you please ask him to at least respond in person and let us know what is taking so long?

Thanks for your support.

S!ap

DmdSeeker
06-05-2006, 05:48 AM
Is the download still in French?

Has anyone seen any improvement since the initial release?

ku101_Star-C
06-05-2006, 06:54 AM
Sorry for the spam, thank you for the update. I look forward to hearing from Monkeyhat.

ManfredB2004
06-10-2006, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by steve_v:
Timeout.
I have deleted the posts that "bump" what is otherwise an on-going issue, and considered spam. monkeyhat will post when he has something to say, and the thread will remain open for community input.

Steve_v
It seems not only for you also for UBI the time is up, no news, no solution and time will solve the problem. Great Support UBI, I€ll remember that when I€m tempted to buy another game from this company.

BM357_Streaky9
06-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Thanks for facing up monkey hat, Hopefully it would be alot easy to dwnld the next patch.
oh , and I hope the Philppines map would be in the next patch<<< Salute all.

ManfredB2004
06-11-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by BM357_Streaky9:
Thanks for facing up monkey hat, Hopefully it would be alot easy to dwnld the next patch.
oh , and I hope the Philppines map would be in the next patch<<< Salute all.

BM357_Streaky9
What do you mean with €œfacing up€?
An apology on May 2nd and nothing else; that€s not what I would call facing up.

BM357_Streaky9
06-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Manfred, I understand your frustration I did feel same way when I bought the game.Who ever thought that ubi would give you another advertisement program you didn't ask for, and cuases you a head ache and frustration. I don't know if he is sincer about his apology.Anyway I got my game running again and working perfect so I hope you figure it out your frustration. I got my 4.05 Version after someone told me to restore my rig the darn game worked , if my favorate servers keep the 4.04 I would not bought this new version oh well you got to bite a damn bullet sometimes, you know. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Slapp
06-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Dear IL-2 fans,

monkeyhat

You will not answer your PM's and do not even have the decency to respond to your customers...It's been six weeks Monkeyhat!
What on earth are you waiting for?

Please respond.

Thank you

Slapp
06-15-2006, 10:09 PM
A bump for old time sake...