PDA

View Full Version : Gamespot preview says there will be PC version

atacms2020
05-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Maybe it was a mistake or that PC will be developed later, there aren't any details.

Here's the link:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/tomclancysendwar/new...g=newlyadded;title;1 (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/tomclancysendwar/news.html?sid=6171351&om_act=convert&om_clk=newlyadded&tag=newlyadded;title;1)

Unfortunately review says there will ALWAYS only be 18 units, so those units will be divided by the number of players. So if you have 6 players then each player only controls 3 units, if there's 3 players then you control 6 and so forth. Blah, I don't like that part. =(

Hopefully PC wouldn't have that limitation, but then I don't see how it would be balanced. Here's a problem that is shown with their decision on using next gen consoles.

pettyofficerj
05-23-2007, 11:10 AM
firstly...

check the date on the details provided by gamespot..

secondly...

check out 1up.com's preview of endwar on their site...

their preview hails from the 8th of May and is probably more recent than that gamespot one..

supposedly ubisoft didn't want to divide time and resources by developing for the pc and console. SO, they just jumped onto the console bandwagon and developed EXCLUSIVELY for the ps3/xbox360...

besides...if you really want something like this on the pc, check out World In Conflict, Field Ops, Act of War, etc, etc...

the pc market is flooding with RTS games, while the console is open waters for anyone willing to make a good game.

sl0ppy_sec0nds
05-23-2007, 11:27 AM
I wanted Endwar on the PC, but was getting it for the 360 until I saw this photo. The game looks horrible.

http://www.xboxyde.com/pop_image.html?G=5503&N=5

atacms2020
05-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by pettyofficerj:
firstly...

check the date on the details provided by gamespot..

secondly...

check out 1up.com's preview of endwar on their site...

their preview hails from the 8th of May and is probably more recent than that gamespot one..

supposedly ubisoft didn't want to divide time and resources by developing for the pc and console. SO, they just jumped onto the console bandwagon and developed EXCLUSIVELY for the ps3/xbox360...

besides...if you really want something like this on the pc, check out World In Conflict, Field Ops, Act of War, etc, etc...

the pc market is flooding with RTS games, while the console is open waters for anyone willing to make a good game.

Are we both looking at the same link, the Gamespot link I gave has a date of May 23, 2007 which IS later than 1up.com's preview of May 8th.

I don't mind the move to console, I don't think it makes sense to argue which is better, but I'm just pointing out that a PC version most likely would not have the limitations of units to the point that your team can only have control of 18 units at any one time. That was my point. And yes I'm aware of Act of War, that's one of my favorite games as it deals with future military technology that has a basis in good actual research that the military is working on.

Looking forward to World in Conflict, I was in the pre-alpha and been waiting forever for Field Ops when it was originally called Ghost Wars and was supposed to be released last November.

Anyway, we shall see how this game fares. I've got my fingers crossed.

atacms2020
05-23-2007, 04:42 PM
OK, it wasn't a mistake on Gamespot's part to say that it's coming out on PC too.

Go to the link I gave, go to videos and download/watch the interview with the lead game developer, he says it himself at the end.

pettyofficerj
05-24-2007, 08:51 AM
it would be bananas if they did not release a version of this new franchise on the pc..

sl0ppy_sec0nds
05-24-2007, 11:30 AM
I would prefer the PC version over the 360 version. If a PC version is out of the question, I may just bite the bullet and buy the 360 version.

pettyofficerj
05-24-2007, 05:56 PM
when they do decide to bring this over to the pc, will it be a direct port, or something built up for the keyboard and mice crowd, with more meat?