PDA

View Full Version : Zhanzu Changes!

AmonDarkGod
11-10-2019, 04:26 AM
Rn he is very bad in duels here is some changes that will make him more viable for the future. Make his top heavy unblockable track when done from top, give him a light after deflect make sure he has the same hit box from both left and right sides increase his gb range

EvoX.
11-10-2019, 04:38 AM
- Increase top heavy (regular and UB) damage to 35-38
- Improve right UB heavy's hitbox to match left's
- Add 15-20 damage to the deflect instead of a pitiful 0, keep the stun
- Allow dodge cancel on a whiffed finisher light/heavy
- Fix his tier 2 trap being able to be deflected, all-blocked, bulwark flipped and so on. Like... seriously, Ubisoft?

^ What I'd change from a day's worth of experience with Zhanhu.

AmonDarkGod
11-10-2019, 04:47 AM
- Increase top heavy (regular and UB) damage to 35-38
- Improve right UB heavy's hitbox to match left's
- Add 15-20 damage to the deflect instead of a pitiful 0, keep the stun
- Allow dodge cancel on a whiffed finisher light/heavy
- Fix his tier 2 trap being able to be deflected, all-blocked, bulwark flipped and so on. Like... seriously, Ubisoft?

^ What I'd change from a day's worth of experience with Zhanhu.

Also deflect should wallsplat

allenhollow
11-10-2019, 11:58 AM
oh man please stop ubi will make him broken like orochi or a raider

Herbstlicht
11-10-2019, 12:01 PM
Other things to consider:
He has no extended Dodge frames, makes dodging tricky against better tracking attacks and vs multiple opponents.

Health pool is low at 120.

Neutral speed is 500 for lights or 600 for zone. We already got 2 characters with 400ms opener lights (one has 150hp and punishes puny lights for a whopping 50 damage!) and all useful zones are 500ms. Though his Dodge attacks are fast at 400, dodging indicates something is coming, people are ready.

Light attacks are very low damage. Dodge light 14, standard light 15, ub light 18. I mean not everyone can punish a light with 50 damage. But thing is they can be punished for this.

Not saying to change everything about him, but right now he has a ton of drawbacks and only style to make up for.

So increasing all lights by 2 damage, speeding up zone to 500ms (important, useless at 600!), make deflect worth using and fix hitboxes along with poor tracking as a bare minimum.

A lot of nice suggestions already float around here and on Reddit. Just don't wait half a year please.

TheUberDome
11-10-2019, 04:00 PM
These are great change suggestions. I cant wait to have them improve the hero in 3 months and completely ignore all these suggestion.

JaxRiot
11-10-2019, 04:02 PM
I am not a PvPer at all, but I can see how this Hero could have problems in PvP

But Zhanzu isnt so bad one you realize what it is

Its Orochi pretending to be Jiang Jun, except less health, less damage, less range, worse hit boxes, and crappier dodge/attacks

I like the idea of the Hero, but it is more work than what it is worth to me. I can play Jiang Jun, .
Kensei and even Tiandi almost the exact same way with better results.

I am still playing this Hero, but my interest is already fading fast.

I do appreciate finally getting a non Emo / Emotionally Crippled Hero though!

AmonDarkGod
11-10-2019, 06:24 PM
oh man please stop ubi will make him broken like orochi or a raider

None of them are broken anymore thanks to the nerfs they got

Chavisprs2019
11-10-2019, 07:27 PM
How is Orochi broken?? He's my main and he's one of the worst characters in the game. Wanna shut down an Orochi's offense 100%?? Block . He can't do anything else

Lev.Elfimov
11-10-2019, 10:19 PM
Hello everyone,

I use to play one hero at a time and have three lvl 70 characters (Orochi, Tiandi and Hitokiri).
It was about time to pick up a new one, so Sun Da was at a right time for me. After two reps, I really am worried that I may break my previous path and give up the guy...
-Low health
-Awfully slow
-Low damage (more or less the same weapon as Kensei, but incomparable damage)
-All his light unblockables are being parried on the third day by almost all the characters

Ubisoft developers, please do something about him, I really like the way he looks, but make him funnier to play.

All my previous characters had something useful, like
Orochi - fast
Tiandi - fast and good combinations
Hitokiri - hyper armor and sticks to the opponent until the opponent is dead

I'll be waiting for Your implemented ideas as soon as possible!

Herbstlicht
11-10-2019, 10:35 PM
I would prefer buffs. The idea not having all heroes to rely is good. It's just a lackluster execution, low speed and damage are a bad combination.