PDA

View Full Version : Dear Ubisoft!

MeekMaid
11-05-2019, 01:53 PM
In the wake of recent gaming news and all the horror stories of games publishers wringing their player bases for as much money as they can get, it regularly stands out to me that For Honor is, for the most part, a game that lives and dies by its gameplay and its aesthetic design without exploitative monetization or critical game content locked permanently behind paywalls! New content may be difficult to earn through steel gathering, but the fact that all of it can be earned fairly through routine gameplay, and doesn't require additional payments to access, is something to be admired and appreciated in the modern games market!

You listen to the community, even if it takes a while, and although some of the changes made may be more miss than hit, I never get the feeling that community requests are being outright disregarded or ignored, which is a rare and special thing to see from a game development team!

The regular release of new free content in the form of maps/gear skins/heroes is something I appreciate more and more with every new story about some other less scrupulous games attaching price tags to every little thing, and all I really want to say is, thank you for For Honor, Ubisoft and the For Honor team, please don't ever change how you've been doing it!

Fallfuturer
11-07-2019, 04:47 AM
i agree with you

Vakris_One
11-07-2019, 02:38 PM
For Honor's microtransaction model has indeed stayed one of the fairest in the industry. That is to be commended and it's definitely a key reason as to why I've supported For Honor for this long even through the balancing miss-steps.

EvoX.
11-07-2019, 07:53 PM
I can agree, and I'd have to admit I've been а tad too harsh on the MTX model they've used, even though I still despise microtransactions in general. Compared to what I've read about AC Odyssey, it's like For Honor was made by a different company.