PDA

View Full Version : Surgical Strike

Jack-Reacher
09-24-2010, 11:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynNOZ9jr0SM

The goal for the first clip is to kill all the guards in the area before taking out the target. You cant be alerted or you will fail the mission. I use a new blend I call Power Blending, its essentially Superblending but instead of climbing around you assassinate guards right in front of others without being seen, as you can see I can take on groups of 4 head on without being spotted.

The second clip is a Mysterious Death, the goal is to poison the doctor without being seen at all by anyone, not even the yellow arrows above their heads. It took a lot of work but if you stand above the restricted building, there are certain points where the doctor will finish his line and go into the building. You must time all of the patrols in the area perfectly in order to get this to work

EzioAssassin51
09-25-2010, 12:28 AM
Impressive!

Your video proves to the world how stupid the AC2 AI is...

RandomRansom
09-25-2010, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
Impressive!

Your video proves to the world how stupid the AC2 AI is...

I agree. I definitely preferred remaining unseen and killing no one but the doc target in that mission (or any mission I could pull that off in). It made the mission more difficult (and it turns out I'll be encouraged to do that in ACB with Ezio's notes; YAY!).

I like the poisoning method that he used second best out of the two.

Jack-Reacher
09-25-2010, 04:16 AM
I thought I would show both methods, killing everyone first and killing no one but the doc without being seen.

Its really hard to do it though with poison, if you poison him where he stands at the start the 4 guards in front of him are instantly suspicious, my goal was to not be noticed at all

So instead I had to stand at that spot on the roof to trigger him to go into the corridor, and split in past 3 different patrols to poison him

Oh and the guards AI looks really stupid because I use an exploit called superblending, basically while I leave the group i blended on while i assassinate the guards I am actually invisible, check the minimap, its green

Account_Deleted
09-25-2010, 04:29 AM
not put you down or something but i did the surgical mission last night
and there is no way that is possible without alerting a guard the way you did, that is unless you've altered the codes so that they can't be alerted

edit: never mind, i realised this isn't the same mission but of something else,
but again, this would be a hack since "super blend" is not an actual thing

caswallawn_2k7
09-25-2010, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by Account_Deleted:
not put you down or something but i did the surgical mission last night
and there is no way that is possible without alerting a guard the way you did, that is unless you've altered the codes so that they can't be alerted

edit: never mind, i realised this isn't the same mission but of something else,
but again, this would be a hack since "super blend" is not an actual thing

that's what I was thinking and it is possible to stop guards being alerted on the PC version using third party software. I noticed the guards saw him several times but never even started to recognise him.

Jack-Reacher
09-25-2010, 01:15 PM
I play on PS3, and did anyone even read the first post? I explained I used an exploit called superblending, while im blended int he crowds if i assassinate them im still blended

itsamea-mario
09-25-2010, 01:21 PM
you still cant blatently stab two guards in front of two other guards with out being noticed.

anyway, my favourite way, is to sneak into that little courtyard at the back, and then poisen him as he walks out infront of the people, it feals right and looks good. however killing every guard then slitting his thraot doesn't.

RandomRansom
09-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
you still cant blatently stab two guards in front of two other guards with out being noticed.

anyway, my favourite way, is to sneak into that little courtyard at the back, and then poisen him as he walks out infront of the people, it feals right and looks good. however killing every guard then slitting his thraot doesn't.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I sometimes like to spice things up with varied approaches to my assassinations, but killing all the guards just seems over the top. Not to mention it doesn't fit with the assassin's creed: stay invisible in the crowd, don't kill without cause, etc. Even if Ezio doesn't know about all that, I do, and I felt like I was helping him not stray too far away from the road he was taking toward becoming an assassin.

Jack-Reacher
09-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Thats why i showed both poison and kill all guards. Killing all guards was mainly a challenge

Anyway you can blatently stab them as they look at you, and the video proves it.

Look at the video again, notice around the map it is outlined green, like you would be when blended with a group. What I do is prolong that blend to amke it last longer by fast walking

AubreyWilborn
09-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Wow....everyone on here came up with more creative ways of assasinating this guy than I did. I just blended into the crowd directly in front of the doctor, then brought up my gun and shot him, lol. I thought it was the easiest DLC mission.

RandomRansom
09-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
Wow....everyone on here came up with more creative ways of assasinating this guy than I did. I just blended into the crowd directly in front of the doctor, then brought up my gun and shot him, lol. I thought it was the easiest DLC mission.

I've done it that way too. That was what I did the first time. Blended with the monks looping next to the crowd in front of him to make sure I could target him and not his guards. I got into the crowd in front of him, then just blew his face off. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

HybridVermilion
09-25-2010, 02:46 PM
With first attempts, it's completely understandable to just get the job done in the most straight-forward manner. However, it's always fun coming back later and finding different and more challenging ways to go about it.

It was nice seeing the "powerblend" technique since I've never seen it done before, but not sure if I would use it regularly since it takes some fun out of it.

RandomRansom
09-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by HybridVermilion:
With first attempts, it's completely understandable to just get the job done in the most straight-forward manner. However, it's always fun coming back later and finding different and more challenging ways to go about it.

It was nice seeing the "powerblend" technique since I've never seen it done before, but not sure if I would use it regularly since it takes some fun out of it.

Well, unless you like to cheat and hack the crap out of the game, I wouldn't see you being able to use that particular blending technique. So you don't even have to worry about being able to accidentally use it. Watch the other video that this guy posted and you can clearly see how much of a cheat/hack he's using. Pretty pointless in my mind... unless you just want to feel like a god-like assassin with no chance of any challenge.

Jack-Reacher
09-25-2010, 03:00 PM
It is still challenging, it only lasts a few seconds. As soon as I hit the ground, the blend finishes. You clearly dont like this technique so my advise, dont watch my videos, pretty simple.

Its not like im invincible, it still took me around 2 hours to get this video sorted even with power blending, it only lasts a split second you gotta time everything perfectly

RandomRansom
09-25-2010, 03:07 PM
That sounds good, but could you post all your videos in the same thread? Aren't they all just going to be these types of videos? That, it would seem, falls into the same topic: my ACII videos. Individual threads may clog things up a bit and be less economical with people wanting to comment on your videos. Just a suggestion, though.

Jack-Reacher
09-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Oh you can edit it, so used to GameFAQs where you cant edit it. Im posting them as I upload so I dont like posting the link halfway in a topic, people might miss it.

I have like 2/3 more bonfire videos to go and then im done, so il make one topic for both.

RandomRansom
09-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Then use the little edit button to the side of the original post in order to add more links. See? That easy.

HybridVermilion
09-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by RandomRansom:
Then use the little edit button to the side of the original post in order to add more links. See? That easy.

Yeah, this is the right idea. Just edit your first post and keep on adding the links. And if you add partitions with ******NEW as of (DATE)**** then people know which is the new stuff.

Jack-Reacher
09-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Yeah I know, I meant I didnt realise it before and now I do

RandomRansom
09-25-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Jack-Reacher:
Yeah I know, I meant I didnt realise it before and now I do

Huh?....

Then what was that bit about taking the other two videos you're going to post and making one new topic for those two videos? Why not just use this topic to post those two new videos? Then you'll have three in one thread. Or use the other topic with your other video to post the other two so there's three in there.

Jack-Reacher
09-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Because its too late, you suggested the idea after I made the other topic

Pavan_NL
09-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by RandomRansom:
Well, unless you like to cheat and hack the crap out of the game, I wouldn't see you being able to use that particular blending technique. So you don't even have to worry about being able to accidentally use it.

What? You don't need to hack or cheat or anything to be able to use superblend or powerblend.

You automatically stay blended for a few seconds after you leave a group of people(notice the green ring around the minimap) and Jack-Reacher is taking advantage of that.

Jack-Reacher
09-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Yeah, but im sort of prolonging it.

See when you leave a group, the game normally lets you stay blended for a few extra seconds. However if I leave the standing position without pressing R1 to go into high proflie ( which immediately cancels the blend) I can hold the blend for as long as I like.

So basically I leave the group, and in that short time I start a stabbing animation on the guards to keep the blend going. As soon as I kill them though it ends, imo it looks really cool just slaughtering them on the spot

Not all my videos are "cheats" i have many assassination contract videos where I use the bare minimum health ( no codex pages or armor at all) always notorious and never seen at all without cheats, but I like to explore a bit more in this game and show new things