PDA

View Full Version : MP questions

AtomikGod
07-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Hello I recently bough this game during the summer and I have started to play online. I have some questions I would like to ask.

No chat rooms, chat options no communication at all?

How do u even use the mic in the PC version?

Does it always takes like 10 mins to find a game?

Honestly this is a great game I cant believe Ubisoft did not incorporate any type of text communication. Its already pretty hard when u start playing and not having anyone to ask questions is very discouraging.

thornebrook
07-24-2011, 08:56 PM
~ No typed-in chat built in-game, sorry. My friend and I use Xfire.

~ The game auto-detects the microphone installed and enabled in your computer. Just hold the G key to talk, or set your options so that you push G once to activate the mic and push it again to turn it off. You'll know the mic's ready to broadcast if the speaker beside your name turns blue. It's broadcasting feed from your mic if there are two curved lines in front of it.

~ Depends on the mode. You might get faster games in Wanted, or at times Manhunt and Assassinate. I get Wanted matches anywhere from 10 seconds to 5 minutes in Wanted, it varies.

AtomikGod
07-24-2011, 09:21 PM
thx for the response, also what is it with the poison thing. Why so many points it makes it kinda of impossible for new players to win a match.

thornebrook
07-24-2011, 10:09 PM
Poison is a higher level skill that has some extra risks. You need to be right next to your target, and you can't be in high profile to use it, it also has a long cooldown compared to other skills. Also, someone could intercept your kill during the time it takes for poison to take effect.

I'm sure that as you play, you'll encounter lobbies where your pursuers might not have poison in their set, or aren't very good at using it. I know it's frustrating early on, but you'll be rocking this game in no time as you unlock more abilities and learn more tactics on how to counter certain abilities. You get Smoke and Disguise early on, if I recall correctly, and those are pretty darn useful even after you hit level 50.

Also, though you probably already know this but just in case, try to listen for "whispers" in your game's music track. When you hear whispers, it means your pursuer is close. The stronger the whispers, the closer your pursuer. If you can't hear whispers, try turning down SFX and Voice volume down in Options > General during a session, and turn up Music.

I would recommend you also watch instructional Youtube videos from other players like these linked vids from Reks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc5K9dQtfIo) or EscoBlades (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff66k42z7VI). Shenmue also has tutorial vids up on his channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/TheShenmue36#g/u), look for vids he uploaded around 6 or so months ago. There are some tricks like the compass trick/Line of Sight trick that newbies need to be aware of in order to avoid being victimized by them often.

AntiChrist7
07-25-2011, 03:16 AM
poison is indeed for very skillful players, cause you have to get very close. i have been stunned quite a few times while trying poison. i dont use it anymore, i have changed it for charge. the eexra oppurtunity to stun your persuer and staying alive for longer outweights the benefits of a maybe extra 300 points. Also, its great for campers

people with mics on pc are annoying. i once had this wanted match on st michel, and i always heard some cursing and name calling after i called a certain character. and there is no way to mute them (real life mute, not the ability)

with Templar scores fixed, more people will come back i think. which is a biummer, cause its harder to get in the top 20 like that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Ieroglif
07-25-2011, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
people with mics on pc are annoying. i once had this wanted match on st michel, and i always heard some cursing and name calling after i called a certain character. and there is no way to mute them (real life mute, not the ability)

You can mute them. Choose abstergo agents menu then press enter in front of player you want to mute.

AtomikGod
07-25-2011, 06:41 PM
I dont see how throwing a smoke bomb and then poisoning someone to get 800 points a kill, is skillful

Also how do u "focus" on a target?

thornebrook
07-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by AtomikGod:
I dont see how throwing a smoke bomb and then poisoning someone to get 800 points a kill, is skillful

Also how do u "focus" on a target?

Poison on its own requires more subtlety than other skills, but offensive smoke + poison is a different can of worms. Some players use it, some players are against it. There are threads on the Multiplayer forum debating its use and legitimacy.

I'm not sure if you're asking about focus as in locking on to players, or focus as in the bonus you get with a focused kill. Will try to tackle both:

Focus as a lock: This is similar to the Single Player focusing, wherein you press F to lock on to a target so that your actions are restricted to that target alone. For the PC Multiplayer, the default key bound to this is the middle mouse button -- you can change that to a different key through Options if you prefer (I've shifted mine to "F," 'cause I'm more used to that with Single Player).

Focus as a bonus: When you're in killing distance of a target, you'll notice a sword icon appear on his/her head, with a ring around it slowly filling with white. Once that ring is full and you execute a kill, you'll gain a +150 point bonus to your kill. The sword icon will reset if you make any actions before the circle is full, however, or if your target moves out of killing range.

Hope this helps!

AtomikGod
07-26-2011, 07:47 PM
great thank you I was asking about the focus bonus. btw the whisper thing its a very good tip. Its kinda of scary now every time I hear that ghosty voice.

LadyGahan2010
07-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by AtomikGod:
great thank you I was asking about the focus bonus. btw the whisper thing its a very good tip. Its kinda of scary now every time I hear that ghosty voice.

No need to feel that. I noticed that whispers have become less reliable (as to their intensity) due to lag. Also, it is worth noticing that their level is also associated not only with the pursuer's proximitybut also with their stealth meter: if your pursuer is incognito, you will barely hear them. If only discreet, they'll be loud.