PDA

View Full Version : Gear Parts (Useless?)

MAJOR ALLEN19
10-22-2019, 08:19 PM
One thing I've noticed while fighting my way around the Island is that gear parts have no actual function? Unlike where the weapon parts can be used to upgrade your weapons, the gear parts offer no use. You can not craft gear like you can with weapon blueprints so Is this a function that is being developed and released in a future update or might this be scrapped entirely? I for one would like to see a crafting system for armor to be implemented so you can craft the armor you like with different qualities (basic, advanced, signature) and random bonuses, so to spice things up and prevent you from only having to craft one piece of gear for the rest of your play-through.

zyberian
10-23-2019, 02:46 AM
the crafting system is probably *in development* as befits the games as a service model this game is under, putting everything in the game from the beginning would make too much sense and we all know that isnt how bi has or ever will work

LTJasonWolfe
10-29-2019, 08:51 PM
Games as a service is actually a good business model, and has worked with MMOs for decades. The idea is to add to the game based on player feedback, thus ensuring that the players get more for their money, and get the most longevity out of their games.

MaxxieForce
10-30-2019, 10:31 AM
Games as a service is actually a good business model, and has worked with MMOs for decades. The idea is to add to the game based on player feedback, thus ensuring that the players get more for their money, and get the most longevity out of their games.

Well sure, but they don't add half a system. You get a complete game right at the start and they build on that. What happened in Breakpoint is that you get some form of a game that was not in a ready to release state with items that will have no use for the coming months.

Good MMO's give a full experience, not a long list of promises while the players are getting bored of gathering items they have no idea of what to do with them.

LTJasonWolfe
11-26-2019, 09:21 AM
The game DID release ready to release. So some features haven't been implemented yet. Welcome to every MMO ever. You have to build a framework from which to add to.

iworry-cz
11-26-2019, 09:42 AM
just worried for the dev team to make it until the game is dead.. it's pretty useless having a perfect game 1 year after release when nobody plays it (I mean I wish GR only the best but many great titles are coming out as well)