PDA

View Full Version : SoW: BoB Update from Oleg - 07-Jun-08



ImpStarDuece
06-09-2008, 09:10 PM
For those of you who don't frequent the banana room, (also known as the 1C forums), Oleg has put up a new update:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2040

We get a look at the following AI:

Avro Anson Mk I
Bristol Beaufighter Mk I (which is a shame, as I was hoping to do some night flying against the Blitz. Maybe later)
Bf-108b

and the "Probably Flyable"

Gloster Gladiator Mk II

Also, big news is that there are picks from the upcoming Korea sim, based on the Sow engine. F-51, F-82, Skyraider, Po-2, La-9 and Mig-15
pics

FliegerAas
06-09-2008, 09:18 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/4881086566

BirdieNum-nums
06-09-2008, 10:35 PM
OH - MY - GOD!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif(imagines flying Twin Mustang, Skyraider, Mig 15 and La9 after seeing shots)

I'll sleep well tonight, I'll tell ya! But don't wake me until it's 2008!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

cheers!
Birdie Num-nums

PanzerAce
06-09-2008, 11:06 PM
I think you mean 2010 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Player_43
06-10-2008, 03:42 AM
... two more weeks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Bo_Nidle
06-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Much as I'm looking forwards to the Battle of Britain it's the Korean War stuff that really sets my swonnicles revolving!!

Control_Damage
06-12-2008, 02:27 PM
A word of caution there Bo_Nidle, revolving ones swonnicles has been outlawed since 1837!

See Hansard 1837-8 Volume 41 Cols 827 to 844: Swonnicle revolving likely to engender public flusterment.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Choctaw111
06-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Control_Damage:
A word of caution there Bo_Nidle, revolving ones swonnicles has been outlawed since 1837!

See Hansard 1837-8 Volume 41 Cols 827 to 844: Swonnicle revolving likely to engender public flusterment.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Sama51
06-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Mmmm Korea... Can't wait to get my hands on a hot rod of a Corsair... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Aaron_GT
06-14-2008, 05:53 AM
It's a shame the Anson is AI only - it was produced in quite large numbers - circa 10,000 all told. I hope the Skyraider is going to be flyable. Shame about the lack of planes such as the Meteor, Firefly, Sea Fury in the list.

jvmasset
06-14-2008, 06:31 AM
Why do you say that? Only Luthier, SaQSoN and RRG/MG people know "the list"...and they don't talk.
However if you have been following tidbits all around, you would know that:
- even if the Anson maybe at first AI only it could very well change later...
- Infos on Meteor and A26 have been requested from RRG a good time ago...
- We know (at least from screen shots) that Mig15, F86, F51, F82, AD4, La-9 and PO-2 should be in the Korea game
- tidbits also mention persistently the presence of a Yak-9P
- recent declaration from SaQSoN about the IL-10 present in the game and finished since a while...

You sure we should worry?

JV

Capt.LoneRanger
06-14-2008, 06:48 AM
I think Oleg and his team is coming up with something really big, this time. There are a few statements on the 1C-boards, that point to some really great times ahead.

The same engine (SOW) is used for Bob and Corea. It's more than likely, that these can be either merged into one big program or parts (like planes) can be transfered from one to another. Beyond that, recent statements there and on other boards are pointing into a direction, that Knights of the Sky, also published by 1C shares the same engine.

If that is true, we have 3 teams working on SoW right now. Gennadich with the start of WW1, Oleg and his team starting with early WW2 and RRG starting in Corea. It is also planned, that on at least a yearly basis additional planes and theaters will be produced and obviously the engine is flexible enough to also support helicopters.
IF all these tidbits collected come true, in a few years we will have an incredible flightsim, spanning over decades of evolution in flight. Hell, we can make our own virtual airshows http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

So lets have faith and give them the time to do the basis right.

Kurfurst__
06-14-2008, 07:03 AM
There has been a youtube vid from BOBSOW, I believe some actual in gamge footage with a Spit I fighting a 109E AI. It was really impressive (the 109 guy kept it smartly in the vertical) - does anybody have the link for this vid perhaps?

Capt.LoneRanger
06-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Kurfurst__:
There has been a youtube vid from BOBSOW, I believe some actual in gamge footage with a Spit I fighting a 109E AI. It was really impressive (the 109 guy kept it smartly in the vertical) - does anybody have the link for this vid perhaps?

From SOW? That's the first I hear. I know there was a video from that IL2 game for consoles, showing scenes of a battle over the cliffs of dover, though:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/19288

Chivas
06-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Interesting rumors Capt. I doubt that KotS will now be made on the SOW engine, although that wouldn't be the end of the world http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. We have seen fantasic videos of KOTS which would lead you to believe the KOTS engine is well advanced. Changing to the SOW engine at this point could indicate they ran into some serious roadblocks. Time will tell.

Kurf...I doubt that there is leaked SOW video out. If there was it would be all over the forums by now. I've seen too videos, one of BOP and some sort of CGI movie with a couple of Spits and 109's flying relatively low near the White Cliffs of Dover, neither related to SOW.

Kurfurst__
06-14-2008, 11:46 AM
I clearly recall seeing some vid a good time ago showing a human Spit chasing a AI 109 in the clouds, occasionally hitting with a small burst, but the 109 AI really gave it very little firing possibilites, I was very impressed by it BTW.. it showed perfect energy fighting, much unlike in Il2..

I am pretty sure it was from SOW... or maybe not?

stalkervision
06-14-2008, 12:02 PM
maybe it's BOBWOV. Version 2.08 from what people have said using it in beta it is quite the Ai opponent. Very hard to beat. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Buddy...(You will see new high risk maneuvers in 2.08 AI. I would recommend you try some of them as a manual player just to understand what the AI is trying to do. Remember these are defensive maneuvers where the AI is trying to some how turn the tables on the enemy AI.

I added 9 "new" maneuvers for the BOBII AI. The new maneuvers are BARRELROLLATTACK, ZOOMANDDROP, DROPANDZOOM, BREAK180, SPLITS, QUICKROLL, TURNANDRUN. DIVINGROLL, INSIDELOOP, and OUTSIDELOOP.

I significantly recoded 10 maneuvers which are PANICTURN, JINK, ZOOM, SCISSORS, MILDSCISSORS, STALLTURN, SPINOUT, BREAKHIGH, IMMELMANNTURN, and IMMELMANN.

NOTE: the new vertical high risk maneuvers IMMELMANNTURN, IMMELMANN, INSIDELOOP, OUTSIDELOOP, and STALLTURN can only be seem by using the Hero, Ace, and Veteran skill levels (Includes Terminator = Hero2).

It is hoped the new maneuvers will add to the AI's fun and enjoyment and also give the player a stronger fight.

Here is the lastest EXE and instructions so you can check out the 2.08 AI (if you are interested).

Instructions

1. Back up (copy) your 2.07 EXE and pdb files to a safe place.
2. After downloading and unpacking (with rar), paste the EXE and pdb files into your BOBII folder
3. After downloading and unpacking (with rar), paste the Weapons.txt file in the models folder

http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/bob_dev/BDG_2.08-50.rar

You will also need the new "weapons.txt" file. It goes in the models folder.

http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/bob_dev/Weapons.rar )

beta review by marine..

"Have just started playing IA one on one,as RAF hero,and what a dogfight it turned out to be,simply surviving for awhile,never mind knocking him down.
Didnt realise at first why i was getting flamed,then i realised he was on my six as soon as the game started,then the fun began.
Doing tight turns helped me survive for awhile,but got flamed a lot,but i did get him once,couldnt help but see the replay of it.haha!Not the ones i got flamed though.
i will be playing that alot from now on,just to see if i can kill him more often,and trying out some moves ive read in the books.
Buddye& BDG team has done a marvellous job on the AI,as it is really exciting to get involved now in these dogfights, tests out your skills to the limit,brilliant"

Xiolablu3
06-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Kurfurst__:
I clearly recall seeing some vid a good time ago showing a human Spit chasing a AI 109 in the clouds, occasionally hitting with a small burst, but the 109 AI really gave it very little firing possibilites, I was very impressed by it BTW.. it showed perfect energy fighting, much unlike in Il2..

I am pretty sure it was from SOW... or maybe not?


I would reallly like to see this if you find it,mate.

Chivas
06-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Yes Stalkervision the newer AI developments in BOB WOV are great fun. It can make for some very thrilling 1v1 battles. I also don't notice any jumps between the manuovers so much any more.

My only issue now is flying a campaign were your totally outnumbered, you don't have the luxury of the time to commit to such a fight. I doubt there were very many drawn out dogfights, it was mostly a deadly quick kill by someone the other never seen. That said you can set the AI competance but it affects the bombers as well as the fighters so its hard to find a happy medium between bomber intercepts and fighter intercepts in the same campaign.
This may have been addressed as I haven't had time to do much flying lately. Also in the campaign I usually set the guns to hit harder so you can have an effective quick bounce and quickly address the next threat. This also may have been addressed as I think I remember Buddye stating he had changed the "go home" criteria.

neural_dream
06-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Am I the only one disappointed? It's not like life is infinite, is it?

Capt.LoneRanger
06-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Chivas:
Interesting rumors Capt. I doubt that KotS will now be made on the SOW engine, although that wouldn't be the end of the world http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. We have seen fantasic videos of KOTS which would lead you to believe the KOTS engine is well advanced. Changing to the SOW engine at this point could indicate they ran into some serious roadblocks. Time will tell.


Actually they don't change now. The report I read and the statement that KotS is published by 1C on NaturalPoints is over a year old. And remember that KotS posted a long time ago, that there are big changes ahead and some really great announcements. Since then, just like BoB and Corea, we've complete radiosilence.

If that is true, the latest picture leaked to the internet could be the first glimpse on SoW clouds and terrain:

http://wwiaircombat.com/images/kots_sky_clouds_terrain.jpg

But so far it's just putting together some loose ends and a lot of speculations. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

stalkervision
06-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Chivas:
Yes Stalkervision the newer AI developments in BOB WOV are great fun. It can make for some very thrilling 1v1 battles. I also don't notice any jumps between the manuovers so much any more.

My only issue now is flying a campaign were your totally outnumbered, you don't have the luxury of the time to commit to such a fight. I doubt there were very many drawn out dogfights, it was mostly a deadly quick kill by someone the other never seen. That said you can set the AI competance but it affects the bombers as well as the fighters so its hard to find a happy medium between bomber intercepts and fighter intercepts in the same campaign.
This may have been addressed as I haven't had time to do much flying lately. Also in the campaign I usually set the guns to hit harder so you can have an effective quick bounce and quickly address the next threat. This also may have been addressed as I think I remember Buddye stating he had changed the "go home" criteria.

Finally tried the 2.8. Believe I got it loaded right. The spit I flew agains't fought me in the vertical like a demon! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif WOW!!

Not use to being manhandled in the vertical from any spit driver this way.

Had to finally resort to my old tried and true Janes ww 2 me-109 escape manauver.

Left the spit driver behind but it wasn't easy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I'm not telling buddy about this manauver because he would probably close that tax loophole too.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Next trying to actual shoot this sucker down. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Bo_Nidle
06-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Control_Damage:
A word of caution there Bo_Nidle, revolving ones swonnicles has been outlawed since 1837!

See Hansard 1837-8 Volume 41 Cols 827 to 844: Swonnicle revolving likely to engender public flusterment.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

I like to live on the edge, besides, if my swonnicles are not allowed to freely revolve my spazzolikens become inflamed! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Control_Damage
06-16-2008, 04:01 AM
Ahhhhhhhhh I see,

The Lancet: Vol 337, Num 2387, Pages 234-276: Acute spazzoliken inflamation; a cororally of the onset of non-gyratory swonnicles?

I feel your pain http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif