PDA

View Full Version : Database credits

StuntmanDan84
10-20-2019, 08:34 PM
Before getting to my request I first need to explain the problem. Currently I have all the free heroes apart from Rodrigo at rank 5. By free heroes I mean those that are in legacy missions, free cubes and the store (basically all heroes that aren’t exclusive to events). As Rodrigo is the only 1 left I get 3 DNA guaranteed each day from the store using database credits. And some days I get some from his legacy mission too. I currently need about 80 more to max him. Once I do I assume as per https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2077432-Daily-quest-Forums I will no longer be required to do the daily reward legacy missions. Regardless of that I will still be earning spare DNA fragments from free cubes, helix rift events, daily rewards etc. These will convert into database credits and I will have absolutely nothing to use them on.

So my request is either give us a way to buy other items in the store with database credits (such as crafting materials) or allow us to convert them to coins.

Ima_Smakya
10-21-2019, 04:26 AM
I completely agree and will add: I keep getting the same maxed characters in the shop and no new ones to spend my credits on. Only the helix ones actually rotate.
Maybe make event assassins part of the shop rotation? I know there is more to come, but 56000 DB credits is crazy!
Even using them in the elite training room or convert to helix would be welcomed!
Afterall, some of us have been playing since launch...

sayright
10-22-2019, 09:02 PM
Using the dbc to reset the store would be great

Ima_Smakya
10-23-2019, 05:43 AM
Great idea! :)

StuntmanDan84
10-26-2019, 02:28 PM
I now need only 45 DNA fragments to max Rodrigo. I already have 65k database credits. After he’s maxed I’ll reach 100k in no time. Seriously you need to do something here Ubi!

gorgonzola65
11-02-2019, 02:55 PM
Would be good to add more of the newer heroes into the cubes.

StuntmanDan84
11-03-2019, 11:57 PM
they won’t add new heroes but if they did it’d probably be heroes like Horacio whom I’ve already maxed like many others. So it wouldn’t help anyway. Being able to buy crafting materials or convert them to coins seems like a no-brainer.

gorgonzola65
11-04-2019, 02:04 PM
I agree, finding new uses for the database credits is a must. I too am going to be in this same situation within a month or so. Being able to purchase additional items in the store like coins, HC, crafting materials, intel, event tokens, etc... would seem the logical end game progression for this currency.

Maybe this function already exists and is just locked out till you get there... right?

StuntmanDan84
11-23-2019, 01:58 AM
So I maxed out Rodrigo (the final free hero) almost 2 weeks ago now. A few notes:-
1. I still have to complete the daily legacy missions x2 for the daily goal.
2. I’m now fast approaching 200k database credits as there is literally nothing to buy with them anymore, I still earn them from legacy missions, free packs and events.

Ima_Smakya
11-23-2019, 03:51 AM
I'm with you, approaching 90k now. I have a few to max yet, some commons and event toons. None of them rotate through the shop, and I seem to get the DNA I don't need in Legacy runs hahahaha

ViRaLuNdEaD
11-25-2019, 10:45 PM
I'm in the same boat. All of my characters are 5* except for a handful of event heroes. I'm still required to do two Legacy missions for dailies, so I am just accumulating DNA credits that I will never be able to use. Would be nice if the event heroes would rotate into the shop, but lets be honest that would last only several weeks and then we would be back into the same boat. Really would love to be able to sell them since I always seem to be in need of gold to train heroes to LVL 50.

Sideshow Jed
11-26-2019, 03:47 AM
I'll put it out there.

A 5-figure database credit price tag on event heroes is not unreasonable. Ditto class crafting materials.

Running out of things to spend database credits on runs counter to the "...so there's something to do with DNA once you hit 5 stars" purpose they're supposed to serve.

Ima_Smakya
11-26-2019, 11:36 PM
That's a great idea.
We need a Zelda-like store we can enter and do our business. Like trading extra gems.
Also Selling DBC or using for elite training wouldn't be a terrible idea!

StuntmanDan84
11-30-2019, 09:02 PM
At least for me, event heroes really aren’t going to help long term. I only have 9 heroes left to star up. I would max those pretty quick and be back in same situation.

1 idea I do like is making the tier 1 Ritualistic Xiphos and Myrmidon Spear available to purchase using database credits. That way we could then craft our way to tier 5 versions for those heroes without tier 5 weapons.

Kachocalvo
12-01-2019, 04:07 PM
Database credits were a short-term answer to the problem of getting useless DNA from already maxed heroes. It only postponed the problem. That solution is now obsolete (got 120k myself), so giving us something to use them in (T5 materials, event heroes, usage in elite training room...) is the next logical step.

Jefferzilla
12-05-2019, 01:09 AM
Bumble please pay attention to this thread. There are lots of good ideas here. Love the idea of lvl 1 Ritualistic Xiphos or Myrmidon Spear. There are a lot of characters that can only use these weapons as their Tier 5 gear. They are the least powerful tier 5 weapons but given the multiple levels required to get 1 tier 5 they are the most scarce resource in the game.

Ima_Smakya
12-05-2019, 09:33 AM
Bump

Jefferzilla
12-05-2019, 11:38 PM
Why not have one of the empty rooms be an exchange office. Have a Hero statistic that works like intelligence and assign two heroes to convert Database credit into something generic and useful, like gold.

Late game grinding is all about gold with the Elite Training Room.

Ima_Smakya
12-06-2019, 04:15 AM
Great idea, I hadn't thought about an assignment feature. While you're at it add intel production and storage skills too...
Don't forget to lower elite training costs!

YardemHane
12-06-2019, 10:24 AM
Giving us a way to spend the now useless DBC (same goes for wood/stone) would mean a potential revenue loss for Ubi: instead of buying coins with Helix, you get an influx of cash from previously useless resources. It's not going to happen!

Ima_Smakya
12-06-2019, 12:14 PM
I'd be more likely to spend real money IF they did something about it. As it is, the lack of action and options has made me just save my helix for when I need it. They're making money like crazy on this game, so not listening to players would cause them more loss than listening to us

Ima_Smakya
01-25-2020, 10:25 AM
Bump