PDA

View Full Version : Concern about The Settlers

IronMaiden142
10-19-2019, 08:15 PM
Hello folks,

First of all I'd like to say that I'm a long time fan of the Settlers games, specifically The Settlers 3 & 4 and I think it has to do with the fact that those games adapted interesting game-play mechanics but most importantly you could play as several different civilizations through ancient time.

This added a special touch and feeling to the games which I love dearly and made it more interesting to be able to play as the different ancient civilizations, all with their different strengths & weaknesses as well as to play around with their special units, upgrades etc.

I'm very happy to see that one of my beloved game franchises is coming back this time with The Settlers, and it looks fun but I can't help but to feel like a big part of the game is missing regarding that there are no civilizations to play as, to give the game more depth. Don't get me wrong I hope that this game becomes the best Settlers game so far, but am I the only one missing the opportunity to play as different civilizations?

Right now it looks boring that everyone look the same and play out the same, but maybe there is something I don't know about this game if so please inform me about it.

Thanks for reading my concern.

Best regards,
Niko

Adagio.81
10-22-2019, 11:34 AM
I fully agree. This is one of my concerns about this game also. One of my favorite features from earlier games was the different civilizations you could play, each with their own play style. I really hope they are planning on adding more later on

IronMaiden142
10-22-2019, 02:01 PM
Perhaps a DLC pack or if not possible the next game in this franchise to have this. That would be amazing!

Civilizations:

1. Greek
2. Egypt
3. Japan
4. Vikings
5. Mayans
6. Rome
7. Persians

Imagine their culture and mythology to be included in the game, a bit like Settlers IV did to get powers to use on the battlefield etc.

vackillers
11-09-2019, 02:01 AM
Some valid points actually, I think having different sets of armies would be kinda kool with the buildings looking a little different for each empire rather then all the same generic look but in the end, it is something I can personally look over because I am one of those players who played the 1st ever settlers on the AMIGA platform, when every army looked the same. So long as the actual gameplay itself is good, fun, back to basics which it looks like it absolutely is, then this is a minor thing for me, but I do think it would be great have at least some differences between the empires.