PDA

View Full Version : bug in PE-2 cover art



wiekiewiekie
04-29-2006, 08:11 AM
Hey,

Slightly funny this, a link to the official UBI site.

http://shop.ubi.com/prod/Packs/imgs_FR/Normal/Pe2trymedium.jpg

That second PE-2 sure has weird propellors http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

Slapp
04-29-2006, 09:18 AM
I think the second pilot tried to uninstall Bontybox

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SeaFireLIV
04-29-2006, 09:39 AM
I`ve never heard of a `bug` in artwork before. I`ve not had the chance to see the pic up close. It must a computer pic, I guess. I can`t imagine an artist making such a mistake unless done on purpose... Which does happen.

Kinda silly mistake for a cover picture.

Tooz_69GIAP
04-29-2006, 10:30 AM
it would appear that the second Pe-2's props have kinda jumped about 5m forwards from the aircraft!! Weird looking!!

PBNA-Boosher
04-29-2006, 02:40 PM
I saw that and wondered too!

Flakwalker
04-29-2006, 02:57 PM
Is an aicraft feature, in combat it trow them like ninja stars http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

TheGozr
04-29-2006, 05:03 PM
http://www.gozr.net/iocl/images/screen/Pe2trybig.jpg

pdog1
04-30-2006, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Flakwalker:
Is an aicraft feature, in combat it trow them like ninja stars http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LOL.....thanks for that laugh! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bussard_1
04-30-2006, 12:16 AM
I saw that when I went to the d/l order site.

Uhuh, this could be quality I thought.

Thanks for your hard work Oleg and crew, wonderful patch.

Thanks Ubi for an interesting time and novel screen art!

DuxCorvan
04-30-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Bussard_1:
I saw that when I went to the d/l order site.
Uhuh, this could be quality I thought.


He he, yes, I also thought something similar, accentuated by the fact that, while in English the name of the plane (Pe-2) sounds phonetically 'pee-two', in Spanish -my tongue- it sounds 'pe-dos'...

In Spanish 'pedos' means 'farts'... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Tooz_69GIAP
04-30-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
In Spanish 'pedos' means 'farts'... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

In English, "pedos" means something entirely different!!

Aguila_Azteca
04-30-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bussard_1:
I saw that when I went to the d/l order site.
Uhuh, this could be quality I thought.


He he, yes, I also thought something similar, accentuated by the fact that, while in English the name of the plane (Pe-2) sounds phonetically 'pee-two', in Spanish -my tongue- it sounds 'pe-dos'...

In Spanish 'pedos' means 'farts'... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO i am spanic and i never realised that till now,... no wonder ppl were looking at me strangely when i talk to them about pedos....

Flakwalker
04-30-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bussard_1:
I saw that when I went to the d/l order site.
Uhuh, this could be quality I thought.


He he, yes, I also thought something similar, accentuated by the fact that, while in English the name of the plane (Pe-2) sounds phonetically 'pee-two', in Spanish -my tongue- it sounds 'pe-dos'...

In Spanish 'pedos' means 'farts'... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder what is the russian phonetic to pronounce Pe-2, in spanish it is pe-dos and in english pe-two

Stigler_9_JG52
04-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by TheGozr:
http://www.gozr.net/iocl/images/screen/Pe2trybig.jpg

"...is good old fashioned Russian craftsmanship"
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

goshikisen
04-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Stigler_9_JG52:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheGozr:
http://www.gozr.net/iocl/images/screen/Pe2trybig.jpg

"...is good old fashioned Russian craftsmanship"
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unbelievable that the image made it past quality control... that is if it's legitimate.

Stigler_9_JG52
04-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Not so unbelievable if you consider the many "oopses" we've seen in just the flight modeling alone over the various versions.

joeap
05-01-2006, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Stigler_9_JG52:


"...is good old fashioned Russian craftsmanship"
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

..is good old fashioned Yankee arrogance. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

SeaFireLIV
05-01-2006, 07:18 AM
Despite some of the unwarranted remarks, it`s a puzzle.

If it`s a computer generated picture, maybe taken from an ingame screenshot, then it`s explainable to some degree.

But, as close as I can see, it looks like a painting. It`s inexcusable to make such an error in a painting. The only possible explanation is that the artist was paininting from an ingame screenshot and knew so little about aircraft that he never questioned the 2 propellers flying in mid-air. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Either way, it`s an inexcusable mistake.

Maybe this was noticed, but too late to change for printing.


Apart from the errors, the picture itself is quite well done.

DuxCorvan
05-01-2006, 07:59 AM
SeaFire, looks like the pic is based on some renders, then artistically retouched and modified in Photoshop or similar. The propellers were surely in a separate layer that was misplaced by error, and nobody, including the author, noticed this until it was too late.
It looks too rushed, and doesn't give a good impression about team-system and quality control in the process, so it's hardly amusing.

SeaFireLIV
05-01-2006, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
SeaFire, looks like the pic is based on some renders, then artistically retouched and modified in Photoshop or similar. The propellers were surely in a separate layer that was misplaced by error, and nobody, including the author, noticed this until it was too late.
It looks too rushed, and doesn't give a good impression about team-system and quality control in the process, so it's hardly amusing.

That makes sense.

What a silly mistake to make professionally.

sunflower1
05-01-2006, 12:54 PM
"What a silly mistake to make professionally"

Yes, but...

Didn't some pilots land their airliner at the wrong airport in the South East US 15 years ago, or so?

They're all silly until they're yours.

SeaFireLIV
05-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by sunflower1:
"What a silly mistake to make professionally"

Yes, but...

Didn't some pilots land their airliner at the wrong airport in the South East US 15 years ago, or so?

They're all silly until they're yours.

Hey, if I made a mistake like that I`d call it silly, mine or not!

Jatro13th
05-02-2006, 11:24 AM
In Russian it would sound something like Pe-Dva... I guess...

Flakwalker
05-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Jatro13th:
In Russian it would sound something like Pe-Dva... I guess...

In spanish, if the e sounds like alone when after the –ü (P) then it will Pye-Dva. Is very easy to learn russian if you know spanish because fonetics are the same for what I found.

DuxCorvan
05-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Yes. Unfortunately slavic grammar is waaaay off, and cyrillic alphabet doesn't help either.

Bartolomeo_ita
05-02-2006, 06:19 PM
in italian -> PE (PEnnywise) DUE (DUEl :|)

Bartolomeo_ita
05-02-2006, 06:20 PM
in russian i know only 3 words - ruky vier, karash√¬≤ and davaj :|

Stalingrad movie docet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

IVJG51_Animal
05-08-2006, 01:31 PM
What's the big deal? It looks totally realistic to me. They should have left the Me109 in the picture, as the propellor hubs have obviously been expertly shot off during a head-on pass.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Animal

triggerhappyfin
05-09-2006, 12:59 PM
It's the threading on the propellor axle that'n in wrong direction.... the rotating axle unscrews the nut and the propellor....BOING.. Throwes it self off... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

WTE_Galway
05-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by sunflower1:
"What a silly mistake to make professionally"

Yes, but...

Didn't some pilots land their airliner at the wrong airport in the South East US 15 years ago, or so?

They're all silly until they're yours.

you will be surprised how many aviation incidents are CFIT and less seriously the number of people over the years that land aircraft with wheels up after a go around

WOODY01
05-10-2006, 03:18 AM
In Photoshop - Layer - Flatten image - save - opps...
Yes, Ive been down that path a few times http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif