PDA

View Full Version : DO 335 online

johno19731973
03-21-2006, 06:27 PM
I play infrequently online, however last night had a go with the DO 335, I shot down a couple of aircraft and was shot down myself twice, a good result by my standards. Has anyone else had success with this aircraft? Can you recommend tactics which would help further?

danjama
03-21-2006, 06:29 PM
That plane is unbelievably fast, i only caught it in a Dora so far.

FritzGryphon
03-21-2006, 06:35 PM
It's fast all right, but climb and acceleration don't seem great, and turn is very poor. I play it like a FW or P-47; hit and run away. Not a turn fighter.

VW-IceFire
03-21-2006, 07:40 PM
The internal bomb bay and 1000KG bomb makes a great hit and run bomb vulcher in some online scenarios. Good fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TX-Zen
03-21-2006, 08:38 PM
I do very well with it fighting in the pure vertical because of its outstanding controllability. You can usually squeeze more out of the zoom because it can do a nearly perfect tail slide, or close to it, so I recommend to make long extended zooms and roll over the top.

Based on my skill level with it I wouldn't exactly call it an energy fighter just yet, I haven't been in any close range contests to evaluate so far. But I feel pretty confident that if I have a little altitude I can keep it by agressively using steep dives and climbs rather than any form of turning at all.

I have to say without a doubt it instantly became my favorite handling aircraft...its as smooth as can be and an absolute delight to handle.

If only Dora was this well behaved http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

3.JG51_BigBear
03-21-2006, 08:42 PM
The only thing I don't like about the Do335 is the massive, highly flamable in-line engine someone decided to install as the rear pilot armour. Other than that it kicks ***.

Max.Power
03-21-2006, 10:59 PM
The do can can escape from any aircraft in a shallow, high speed climb. I was chasing one in a dora, and I consider myself an expert dora pilot. He was peeling away from me fairly easily from about 2500 to 8000m.

Given that the dora can escape an la using this method, I would wager that this is the escape hatch for the do which is pretty much always open. I haven't flown do vs. ta yet, tho.

It is a bomber- THE bomber. It is an incredible strike aircraft and should be handled as such. Note, tho, that the 1000kg bomb load hardly affects the flight model if at all, so engaging as you would engage in a dora or a P-47 with a full bomb load is feasible from an advantage. Stay over La town (3 km altitude) and you should be uninterceptable save for being bounced.