PDA

View Full Version : OT: WorldWarII Onlines FW190a4

Von_Rat
02-06-2005, 04:43 PM
the fw190a4 was introduced into the ww2online game server for the 1st time, about a week ago.

i resubscribed to try it out.

WOW,,,, this thing is a killer. ive killed twenty allied planes with it so far, including 5 spitIXc, and i haven't lost one yet.

while the graphics in ww2online are pretty low compared to il2, and the flight models are not as complex, i gotta say that they've done a great job on modeling the differant dive capabilitys of the various planes.

having the correct dive speeds and accelerations make all the difference in the world, when your fighting a spit with a fw.

i feel much safer fighting a spit9 with a fw190a4 in ww2online, than i do fighting a spit9 with a fw190d9 or a9 in il2. having the right dive speeds and accelerations make that big of a differance.

anyway, if your and old ww2online player, you might wanna go back to give the fw a try.

Von_Rat
02-06-2005, 04:43 PM
the fw190a4 was introduced into the ww2online game server for the 1st time, about a week ago.

i resubscribed to try it out.

WOW,,,, this thing is a killer. ive killed twenty allied planes with it so far, including 5 spitIXc, and i haven't lost one yet.

while the graphics in ww2online are pretty low compared to il2, and the flight models are not as complex, i gotta say that they've done a great job on modeling the differant dive capabilitys of the various planes.

having the correct dive speeds and accelerations make all the difference in the world, when your fighting a spit with a fw.

i feel much safer fighting a spit9 with a fw190a4 in ww2online, than i do fighting a spit9 with a fw190d9 or a9 in il2. having the right dive speeds and accelerations make that big of a differance.

anyway, if your and old ww2online player, you might wanna go back to give the fw a try.

MEGILE
02-06-2005, 05:15 PM
No anti-grav or rocket-climbing planes in WW2OL.
Best ww2 sim around.

Von_Rat
02-06-2005, 05:19 PM
i haven't heard of any complaints about climb rates in ww2online. the ww2online spits anti grav e retention is a whole nother kettle of fish.

and you thought people complained about the il2 spits e retention. the ww2online spit is a real fox network special UFO.

Dolemite-
02-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Oleg: "WW2 Online have better A4 flight model?" "Close book and dont open forever!"

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

3.JG51_BigBear
02-06-2005, 06:03 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif Wasn't World War 2 online the game that didn't work out of the box when it was new. It needed like a 95 MB patch to even start.

Von_Rat
02-06-2005, 07:22 PM
i didnt say ww2online has a better a4 flight model, its not by a long shot. i said it does dive acceleration and dive speeds better. in this respect i guess it is better, of course the fm has other faults, such as to low stall speeds.

its been brought up here several times that many if not all planes in il2 have wrong dive speed and dive accerleration.

for pure flying il2 is much better, but old ww2online players might want to give new fw a shot.

yeah ww2online didn't work when 1st launched. its a very differant game now, but i guess they'll never live that down. anywhere you see ww2online mentioned, someone always mentions that it didn't work when 1st launched. even though that was almost 4 years ago.

3.JG51_BigBear
02-06-2005, 07:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>yeah ww2online didn't work when 1st launched. its a very differant game now, but i guess they'll never live that down. anywhere you see ww2online mentioned, someone always mentions that it didn't work when 1st launched. even though that was almost 4 years ago. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Four year ago or not, I bought the game, found out I couldn't even run it, only had a 56K connection, and tossed it. Kinda hard to live down not working at all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

Von_Rat
02-06-2005, 07:35 PM
i played for a year or more with a 56k, you might need hi speed now.

can you play il2 online with a 56k, ive never tried.

3.JG51_BigBear
02-06-2005, 08:46 PM
I tried twice. The first time was when I first got Il2 three years ago. Back then a lot more people had 56K and when everyone had it things went pretty well. Then I tried it again about a year ago before I got broadband and it was a mess. Lot of stuttering and warping, I got kicked a lot too. The differences in the connection speeds are just too much.

VonGraf
02-07-2005, 12:29 AM
WWIIOL, bug heaven even after 4 years, period.