PDA

View Full Version : Rumble on PS3

silentassas_711
05-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Sorry couldn't find this anywhere, so redirect me if it has already been asked....

Anyway, obviously at the moment there is no rumble on the ps3, but what if we used a ps2 controller converter on the ps3, will we be able to have the rumble feature then??

if there is not possible I think UBI will just add a bar which declines as the grip weakens.

Your thoughts????

Phreaky_McGeek
05-08-2007, 12:40 AM
The controller itself doesn't have a motor in, so unless the converter can use magic to turn data into force then no. Sony will probably release a controller with rumble support some time in the future, though.

HorTyS
05-08-2007, 01:11 AM
currently the ps3 does not have rumble, so the ps3 version of Assassin's Creed will be developed without rumble, so even if you had a rumble enabled controller working on ps3, the game isn't designed with rumble, so it won't have any...

ElKvass
05-08-2007, 11:35 AM
I have mentioned this before and I think that they might use the motion sensor on the sixaxis to solve the problem with balance when walking on ledges, beams and other stuff. With the losing grip thing I'm not shure how they'll solve it. They might solve it by using a bar or something, I don't think that it will ruin the game in any way because other health bars etc. will be there for "logical" reasons because of the machine that reads the genetic memory or whatever. Maby they will say that they are there because they want to monitor his bodily functions or something.

Btw: where have you read about this stuff with the grip, I have only heard about the balance.

Anicrow
05-08-2007, 11:54 AM
I got be honest when you say "Balance Bars"

it makes me think of the Tony Hawk style ones..

Which would be totally out of place and kind of annoying imo.

ElKvass
05-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Didn't say balance bar. I said a losing grip bar or whatever you want to call it. On the balance thing I think you have to use your eyes to see if he's about to fall and then adjust. I mean the game is supposed to be a bit challenging isn't it? Anyways the rumble feature has actually annoyed me while playing games. Like when a big guy enters the room the controller starts rumbling like hell, he put his foot down once not 200 times in a few seconds(i.e. Genji and yes the game sucks). Oh Ailta´r is about to fall so the controller starts rumbling! That's gonna ruin the feeling of being in the middle of the 3d crusade for me anyways.

danny.b87
05-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by ElKvass:
Didn't say balance bar. I said a losing grip bar or whatever you want to call it. On the balance thing I think you have to use your eyes to see if he's about to fall and then adjust. I mean the game is supposed to be a bit challenging isn't it? Anyways the rumble feature has actually annoyed me while playing games. Like when a big guy enters the room the controller starts rumbling like hell, he put his foot down once not 200 times in a few seconds(i.e. Genji and yes the game sucks). Oh Ailta´r is about to fall so the controller starts rumbling! That's gonna ruin the feeling of being in the middle of the 3d crusade for me anyways.

agree on that one

but anyway they can also make it like that you can see it
like that one arm lets go of the ledge or something and that he will fall if you dont do anything about it when he already let go of the ledge with on hand.... or something like that

ElKvass
05-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Yeah I agree, I think that will add to the realistic feeling. Great idea.

RetiredHatch
05-09-2007, 01:45 PM
i like that idea Danny better than rumble rumble really is a ridiculous idea honestly it'd just annoy

as far as the balance beam effect with the sixaxis that's an oook idea and it's an obvious use of the controller so http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif why not i guess

chewie1890
05-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Balance set up by the Six-Axis sounds like a terrible idea for me, that is if you guys are talking about it the way I think you are. What I think you're saying is that if the PS3 controller is balanced, then Altair will be balanced. That sounds way to easy, whenever I play games I keep my controller balanced anyways and that would make it way to simple. Like I said I might of mis-interpreted your ideas, in which case I apologize and I will probably agree that it's a good idea.

ElKvass
05-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Well actually I ment that when you are balancing on something he will start moving to one side and then you would have to tip the sixaxis in order to stop him from falling. In that way you wouldn't have to keep the controller balanced at all times during gameplay. I mean if you are lying on your couch or whatever you're not always holding the controller balanced.

chewie1890
05-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Okay, so I did misinterperet, and my psychic abilities were also correct, I do think that sounds like a good idea.

rahul911
05-16-2007, 12:19 AM
SOny and immersion have patched up so it won't be long before rumble controller comes in.....But i guess the best thing to do is to have six-axis as well as the ability to use the controller in certain points of the game.....i think moving the controller while holding the ledge would be nice, like when u think u're going to fall...much like the way when those things get on u and u shake the controller to get them off in resistance

Karl_93
05-16-2007, 09:55 AM
Lol y would you shake the controller if you were about to fall off the ledge? Like oh I'm about to fall I'll just shake a bit and hopefully ill be able to hang on? Though maybe tipping it in the opposite direction of the way he's falling, like the catwalking idea but on a ledge.

RetiredHatch
05-16-2007, 10:02 PM
rumble still wont happen on the ps3 (as often) because not every controller will have rumble whether sony and immersion patched up the problem or not because people already have their ps3 controllers why buy the new one with rumble in it? alot of people probably won't buy the new controller so developers won't see the need to use the rumble it's just another complicated thing in the game designing process

sCM_redruM
05-17-2007, 02:09 PM
The idea of moving the controller works sort of, but ummmm, yeah, how would you initally know to move it??

It's all gravy once you realize you're slipping, but without some type of warning, you are basically in a bad spot...

Unless you have an onscreen HUD pop up to show you that you're slipping, you almost wouldn't know...But if you do have an onscreen HUD pop up, then it defeats the purpose of reaction in a way, which is what Ubi is going for...Quick thinking, quick reactions without something saying do this, do this...

chewy117
05-23-2007, 04:46 AM
i think that 'assassins creed' should be xbox360 only as playstation is not worthy

grashopper
05-26-2007, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by RetiredHatch:
rumble still wont happen on the ps3 (as often) because not every controller will have rumble whether sony and immersion patched up the problem or not because people already have their ps3 controllers why buy the new one with rumble in it? alot of people probably won't buy the new controller so developers won't see the need to use the rumble it's just another complicated thing in the game designing process
That's ******ed! How many games on the PS1 came out without rumble after they released the new controllers on the PS1?? Plus the new consoles will come with the new controllers! Sony will make 1st party games have it and 3rd party games will already be putting rumble in the multiplatform games so it wont be extra work. And believe it or not some people want their controllers to rumble so they are going to buy one.

Karl_93
05-26-2007, 03:56 AM
dude in one of the new interviews it said that they werent using six axis for the game unless they came up with a really cool idea so i guess that rules out that...

Howler13
05-26-2007, 09:14 AM
If Sony was really smart, when they come out wiht a PS3 controller with rumble, they would do a "free-exchange" deal; if you bought a PS3 with an original Sixaxis controller, you can send it (the controller) to Sony and they will send you a new one w/rumble. This would be a very good PR move, and if they want to have devs implement both Sixaxis and rumble in their games, they pretty much have to do something like this.