PDA

View Full Version : Shooting moving targets

MaxxieForce
10-12-2019, 11:37 AM
Does anyone feel you have to lead the target way too much when the player is running? At times it seems I have to lead by a meter or so even from a short distance, 30m max.

JimboSlice11b
10-12-2019, 02:39 PM
Bullet velocity is much slower than what Ubi said it was going to be. It causes an unrealistic lead distance.

Atlass.
10-13-2019, 08:45 AM
Yep. Bullet travel speed is to slow.

Squirrelrabbit
10-14-2019, 09:47 AM
I agree , it not like wildlands at all .as well its unrealistic and I'm not sure why the bullets are so damn slow . It doesnt make since ..like with the tac50 I can dodge someone trying to snipe me by moving back and forth cause it's so slow . The ballistics need to be changed .

nga-chairman
10-14-2019, 12:18 PM
I agree , it not like wildlands at all .as well its unrealistic and I'm not sure why the bullets are so damn slow . It doesnt make since ..like with the tac50 I can dodge someone trying to snipe me by moving back and forth cause it's so slow . The ballistics need to be changed .

I have no idea why any of itís NOT like wildlands. Wildlands was great. It just needed tweaking.

imru7
10-15-2019, 10:33 AM
You can dodge a shot from a tac50 cause the person trying to shoot you sucks, missed their first shot, and obviously doesnít know how to aim so keeps missing you. This is identical behavior from Wildlands. (People always moving back and forth...ducking up and down trying to make it so you couldnít lock on or predict their position)

You are all expecting this is be Wildlands, itís not, get over it. You have to lead a running guy while sniping differently than you had to in Wildlands. Simple as that. These shots, for some, are hard and should be. Just like you had to learn to dial your scope and weapon in to figure out bullet drop and running shots in Wildlands you have to do here too. And if itís a really long shot it is, and should be, even more difficult.

A 600m+ shot in Wildlands took awhile for the bullet to travel. No one picked up Wildlands, flipped pvp on, and was dropping people in a full spring from across the map. The game has been out for 12 days and youíre comparing it to a completely different game that was fully mature (and STILL has plenty of its own problems)

ChooChooB
10-15-2019, 02:35 PM
Intersting, Thanks!

MaxxieForce
10-17-2019, 09:01 AM
A 600m+ shot in Wildlands took awhile for the bullet to travel. No one picked up Wildlands, flipped pvp on, and was dropping people in a full spring from across the map. The game has been out for 12 days and you’re comparing it to a completely different game that was fully mature (and STILL has plenty of its own problems)

That's fair, sniping shouldn't be that easy. Keeping in mind that everyone is running with one so that would be bad. But I'm talking about shooting an ASR at max 30m, you have to lead your target way too much. And I see a lot of people struggling with it. Close targets running from cover to cover and players are just spraying a whole magazine behind them. It just doesn't make sense in my opinion. Why would it be designed like this?

TheDeagnos
10-18-2019, 08:30 AM
bullet speed needs to be tripled at a minimum

TheDeagnos
10-18-2019, 08:32 AM
That's fair, sniping shouldn't be that easy. Keeping in mind that everyone is running with one so that would be bad. But I'm talking about shooting an ASR at max 30m, you have to lead your target way too much. And I see a lot of people struggling with it. Close targets running from cover to cover and players are just spraying a whole magazine behind them. It just doesn't make sense in my opinion. Why would it be designed like this?

Sniping shouldn't be easy but. You shouldn't survive a shot from a sniper either. And you definitely shouldn't be able to out run a bullet