PDA

View Full Version : Now that I've started over

dashman
01-07-2010, 03:23 PM
...and had to reinstall il-2, I decided I would spend some time exploring more the single missions that come with the game. I had jumped over most of them in favor of ones I downloaded from here or M4T.

I think it was Fool Trottel or Urufu who advised me to check 'difficulty' settings when I could not see AC icons on the map. I thought I had set things correctly (keeping in mind that some are negative when turned on). I adjusted a few and went to QMB to check it out and saw icons on the map.

I then went back to several stock missions (German) and took off. My hotkey for 'next enemy view' showed numerous enemy AC, but no icons anywhere on the map, even though I gave them ample time to present themselves, realizing that sometimes they can be off screen at first.

So, my question is: Are there some missions in the stock game that never show icons, or, do I need to keep flipping switches?

Thanks, all.

icrash
01-07-2010, 03:47 PM
There is a switch that cuts the map icons on/off in the control panel. It is an all or nothing thing in the stock missions as far as I know.

dashman
01-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Right, icrash, that's one of the ones I was trying to try off and on, but maybe not finding the right combination.

I had no problems with how I set it up before I had to re-install, but now it seems inconsistent since I saw icons in the map in QMB, but not in those few misssions I tried.

'Tis a puzzlement...

Urufu_Shinjiro
01-07-2010, 04:15 PM
The difficulty settings for QMB are separate from the single missions and campaigns. You have to set them individually.

dashman
01-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Oh, well, duh http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

Thanks, Urufu.