PDA

View Full Version : What 1C Needs To Do Next

XyZspineZyX
09-05-2003, 08:28 PM
As good as IL-2/TFB is, the next thing 1C needs to do is put the effort which they`ve put into the actual game into the menu interfaces of the game. It reminds me of the state of Rainbow Six:Raven Shield - cutting edge 3D technology housed in a primitive shell. Give us an interface befitting the sim you have presented to us... do it in 3D, with engine animations in certain areas of the backgrounds. Eliminate poor Russian-to-English translations, consolidate and better organize options, controls, player save files, mission files etc. .

Make the shell match the game.

XyZspineZyX
09-05-2003, 08:28 PM
As good as IL-2/TFB is, the next thing 1C needs to do is put the effort which they`ve put into the actual game into the menu interfaces of the game. It reminds me of the state of Rainbow Six:Raven Shield - cutting edge 3D technology housed in a primitive shell. Give us an interface befitting the sim you have presented to us... do it in 3D, with engine animations in certain areas of the backgrounds. Eliminate poor Russian-to-English translations, consolidate and better organize options, controls, player save files, mission files etc. .

Make the shell match the game.

XyZspineZyX
09-05-2003, 08:45 PM
ColdnāĀ“t agree more.

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=Olegmaddoxreadyroom&id=zuuag

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=Olegmaddoxreadyroom&id=zuurg

XyZspineZyX
09-05-2003, 08:51 PM
WarlokLord wrote:
- As good as IL-2/TFB is, the next thing 1C needs to
- do is put the effort which they`ve put into the
- actual game into the menu interfaces of the game. It
- reminds me of the state of Rainbow Six:Raven Shield
- - cutting edge 3D technology housed in a primitive
- shell. Give us an interface befitting the sim you
- have presented to us... do it in 3D, with engine
- animations in certain areas of the backgrounds.
- Eliminate poor Russian-to-English translations,
- consolidate and better organize options, controls,
- player save files, mission files etc. .
-
- Make the shell match the game.
-
-

You mean like with CFS3? That's the best part of that (game?). Unfortunately, when I was actually trying to play it (I will refrain from bad language) I had to disable the animations in the UI because they ate all my system resources. I am ok with FB's UI, as long as my in-game experience is good. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

However, I agree with you that the UI could be dressed up a bit more than it is at the moment, and that the translations could be better. Perhaps what is needed is not so much a translator, as some serious editing by an English expert. Some of the sentences in the UI text (Just look at some of the information presented on the objects in the game when you press the 'objects' button) are an entire paragraph long. I have to read some of it over, and over again to understand it. In an English school/class they call that a "run-on" sentence, and it is very bad grammar. Just a bit of editing would be a tremendous improvement to an already great game.

Tsisqua

http://www.uploadit.org/files/010903-nedChristie.jpg

Tsalagi Asgaya Equa!