PDA

View Full Version : Lag?

allyson9514
01-31-2011, 06:01 PM
A couple of times while playing, I know that they're is someone coming up behind me to kill me so I hit my smoke bomb and...nothing. I get killed. Despite the fact that I hit the button before they were in range to kill me. Most of the time I can't even turn to run either because there seems to be a lag from when I push the button to when my character reacts. Has anyone else noticed this?

EpicRandomGuy
01-31-2011, 06:05 PM
Yeah, it's happened to me on occasion, when they just jump right through the smoke. It seems to happen pretty often with mute too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

allyson9514
01-31-2011, 06:19 PM
I kind of walked away from the game for a bit because my life got too busy (training a puppy takes a lot of work!) and also because I was so damned frustrated with how long it took to GET into a session. So I've missed a few things. What exactly does mute do?

KHRYS_24
01-31-2011, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by allyson9514:
What exactly does mute do?

Mute disables your pursuers ability if they're in range. So they can't use their ability against you or kill you as well, so you can stun them or get away. The BIG downside to Mute is that the effect only last 1.5 seconds. So when you use it, make sure your pursuer is in range and stun them quick or get away. Also, the range of mute is bigger than smoke bomb but the durations is dropped by a lot. So its either more range and less duration for smokebomb or longer range and less duration for mute.

allyson9514
01-31-2011, 06:54 PM
Hmmmm maybe that's why my smoke bomb doesn't always work; how do you know its being used? No other indication than your abilities not working?

KHRYS_24
01-31-2011, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by allyson9514:
Hmmmm maybe that's why my smoke bomb doesn't always work; how do you know its being used? No other indication than your abilities not working?

You'll get a pop up saying your abilities are unavailable or something like that. When someone uses mute on you, you'll see like a greenish gird or web type looking thing spread out from the ground and hear the sound as well. In your case though, I think its lag or you probably didn't use the smoke early enough. It's better to actually use it earlier because of lag. Cause when you use it, it sometimes takes awhile before you actually see it on your screen. so its better to time it earlier than expected. That is, only when there's lag involved.

KHRYS_24
01-31-2011, 07:02 PM
You should check out my Youtube channel and watch my video "stun montage". So you can get an idea on when to use smoke. Cause i have a lot of stuns where i use smoke, some with mute and some without using any abilities as well.

Phyxsius-
01-31-2011, 07:04 PM
Mute renders your target incapable of doing nothing but walk/run - no assasinate, no stun, no abilities, for the duration of Mute itself, which is really short (1.5 seconds if you take Rapid Reload Mute, which is usually the norm)

The best thing about Mute is that it is a Sphere of 6 meters, as opposed to the "plane" for Smoke Bomb. So it can be used for elevated targets as well.

allyson9514
01-31-2011, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the answers; I appreciate it!

KHRYS_24
01-31-2011, 07:49 PM
No problem. Glad I can help.