PDA

View Full Version : better mmr system

WOTH.Lo-fi
10-05-2019, 08:49 PM
just take away the mmr from the hacker and those queued with him and add it to the other team but the other people on his team keep their mmr.

UbiMorning
10-05-2019, 08:53 PM
From our MMR Roll Back Dev Blog (https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-342821-16/dev-blog-mmr-roll-back):

The current Roll Back feature will roll back all games (victories and defeats) the banned cheater participated in. We also explored a few other options, but based on the results of the data, rolling back all games will help to maintain a stable MMR environment, while still reducing the impact of cheaters on games.

In test-cases where we roll backed MMR only from when a team with a cheater wins a match (only victories, no defeats), we found that it severely imbalanced MMR equity as the MMR they lost from losing remained, but MMR they gained from winning was rolled back. This led to exaggerated MMR compensation spikes (as seen on the chart below), and consequently tanked the MMR of players that played with a cheater (intentionally or not), specifically in the low Copper ranks. This one-sided removal of matches is not an ideal system, and we have concluded that, win or lose, rolling back MMR from all matches that have a confirmed cheater present is a more effective solution.

The purpose of the system is to nullify the results impacted by the banned player as if they never happened. It will remove the MMR you gained from playing with them, and also add back MMR from games you lost against the player.

Refaath
10-06-2019, 01:05 AM
From our MMR Roll Back Dev Blog (https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-342821-16/dev-blog-mmr-roll-back):

The purpose of the system is to nullify the results impacted by the banned player as if they never happened. It will remove the MMR you gained from playing with them, and also add back MMR from games you lost against the player.

I lost 182 MMR because of this. I didn't get any added back. There were days where I was DDoSed several times. There were other times when a DDosser would just crash the server so they wouldn't lose the match, which obviously meant I got no MMR for the win.

I did not get any MMR back!

This season has been a total utter sh*t disaster. Got effed by cheaters, and them got a double slap from Ubi.

This is so FRUSTRATING to deal with.

As a loyal and legit player to get this kind of treatment.

I'm sure if I was a big streamer all this would've been ironed out. But hey, I'm just a regular paying schmuck.

And the most pisstaking thing is Ubis nonchalant approach, like: "Well hey just deal with it."

UbiMorning
10-06-2019, 08:57 PM
As we explained on this thread (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2136907-Ubisoft-Support-Spits-on-Legit-Players-Ps4?p=14570050#post14570050), it may look like you didn't gain back any MMR because it is possible the amount of MMR you got from playing with a banned player is greater than the amount of MMR you lost from playing against a banned player.

Refaath
10-07-2019, 01:22 PM
I faced DDOSsers way more than they were in my team. I had numerous times when a cheater would just crash the server because my team was winning.

It's such a slap in the face to face cheaters all beginning of the season and then to have this sh*t system take away MMR that I earnt inspite of the rampant cheating early in the season.

There's no way I had more cheaters than I faced. Also, as a Solo queue player I have no control over who I play with. To be punished because of something I have no affect over is incredibly unfair.