PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain Revenge to me please?

chaneke33
10-04-2019, 03:14 AM
How is determined who gets revenge in a 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 fight?
I find no logic in how revenge works currently and it's plainly frustrating that sometimes I don't get any by blocking or even parrying attacks when outnumbered but when someone else gets hit twice or receives a GB and fills immediately his bar, even twice in a row.
Is it bugged or something? I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case, but as far as I've seen, revenge is broken.

Knight_Raime
10-04-2019, 03:57 PM
Revenge works in a tag system. If someone attacks you they apply a tag that iirc lasts 20 seconds if they no longer attack you in that time frame then the tag goes away. You need 2 tags in order to start gaining revenge. The more tags you have the more revenge you'll gain as they work like multipliers.
How much revenge specific things gives you (outside multipliers) depends on what it is. Generally the higher damage a move is the more revenge you gain since revenge is some what tied to your health bar. Bashes inherently don't do damage so they have their own multiplier. And dodging bashes/parrying also have their own multipliers. Same with GB.

Revenge has been bugged for awhile in that some moves don't count as a tag when they should. Gladiator's toe stab is one such move. There were also specific instances where a tag should be applied but wasn't or it was but the amount you were meant to get was calculated wrong. The devs have put out 2 updates so far in attempts to patch up the issues and to their credit it is less buggier and more consistent since then. but there are still some outliers.

atac56
10-04-2019, 04:07 PM
unfortunately theres no logic to popping revenge and thats all there is to it unfortunately. revenge gain has been inconsistent and playing favorites since day 1 and at this point we just have to deal with it. you should make it a habit of running away when someone pops revenge until it wears off, dont give them the free kill

chaneke33
10-04-2019, 07:02 PM
Revenge works in a tag system. If someone attacks you they apply a tag that iirc lasts 20 seconds if they no longer attack you in that time frame then the tag goes away. You need 2 tags in order to start gaining revenge. The more tags you have the more revenge you'll gain as they work like multipliers.
How much revenge specific things gives you (outside multipliers) depends on what it is. Generally the higher damage a move is the more revenge you gain since revenge is some what tied to your health bar. Bashes inherently don't do damage so they have their own multiplier. And dodging bashes/parrying also have their own multipliers. Same with GB.

Revenge has been bugged for awhile in that some moves don't count as a tag when they should. Gladiator's toe stab is one such move. There were also specific instances where a tag should be applied but wasn't or it was but the amount you were meant to get was calculated wrong. The devs have put out 2 updates so far in attempts to patch up the issues and to their credit it is less buggier and more consistent since then. but there are still some outliers.

So, it is actually bugged... Well, knowing that can make a little less frustrating the attempt to understand how it works.

Thanks for the explanation 👍