PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Ever Play the Game "Assassin"

cawatrooper9
10-03-2019, 04:12 PM
Nope, not talking about the AC games, nor Hitman.

I'm talking about the live action, tag variant game (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin_(game)).

It's pretty common on college campuses and other organizations, but it's basically a giant game of tag where everyone has a target, but is also the target of someone else. Your goal is to eliminate your target from the game (generally by tagging them, hitting them with a sock, or using a NERF dart on them), at which point your new target becomes who they were tracking.

Or, as you might recognize it, a pretty close adaptation from the AC Multiplayer modes.

Some variant rules require that your target be alone when you get them (so that no witnesses are around, which could cause the entire line of targets to unravel).

I played once a few years ago during my sophomore year of college. Our hall in my dorm put together a game. I spent most of my time off campus anyway, so it was pretty easy for me to avoid my pursuer.

One night, though, I was in my dorm room when someone knocked on the door. I opened it up to see a guy holding a sock (the elimination weapon) in hand.
"Is <cawatrooper9> in?" he asked, not knowing it was me. I said I'd check, and shut the door in his face. It took a while, but finally I was able to sneak out again afterward.

Another time I saw the guy that had me as a target coming toward me, but I managed to strike up some conversation with some other nearby people. We were using the variant rule where the target had to be alone, so that saved me.

Eventually I was automatically and randomly eliminated from the game because things had slowed down too much- probably partly my fault, because I was never around. Kinda wish I'd devoted more time to actually playing the game.

Another good one, somewhat similar is Humans vs Zombies (HVZ) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humans_vs._Zombies). Tons of great times playing that, too.

Anybody ever play these games before?

Locopells
10-07-2019, 06:11 PM
Man, wish I'd had this at Uni...

cawatrooper9
10-08-2019, 05:40 PM
Man, wish I'd had this at Uni...

Could be a great idea for an AC fan meetup sometime, too!

Locopells
10-08-2019, 07:03 PM
Oooh...

ballon009
10-14-2019, 03:43 PM
We played a game like this in fencing. Yes I do IRL fencing I use a rapier. The idea is similar but we wore our real gear. You would wear a vest with life count similar to that from nerf jackets. And then run around the building and basically freee style people. You could cosplay as different people.

Some dresser up as anakin skywalker. We had a couple orochis from for honour, some ding bat dressed up as shrek, and others. I was dressed like the joker. Aka similar blood red paint on my face like my profile picture.

With a hood on it that said Od Omnes- aka death to my enemies

They gave away awards, I got 3rd place

cawatrooper9
10-14-2019, 05:03 PM
We played a game like this in fencing. Yes I do IRL fencing I use a rapier. The idea is similar but we wore our real gear. You would wear a vest with life count similar to that from nerf jackets. And then run around the building and basically freee style people. You could cosplay as different people.

Some dresser up as anakin skywalker. We had a couple orochis from for honour, some ding bat dressed up as shrek, and others. I was dressed like the joker. Aka similar blood red paint on my face like my profile picture.

With a hood on it that said Od Omnes- aka death to my enemies

They gave away awards, I got 3rd place

That sounds really cool (particularly all the people dressing up!).

Epic twist on the game :eek: