PDA

View Full Version : PF install over FB+ACES what to backup ?

dieg777
11-06-2004, 01:29 PM
From reading Hunters post I think I should back up skins, user data and config.ini but could someone please give full details. e.g. an idiots guide.
I have the following campaigns added - Extreme Ones BOB and The Blue . I have some single missions downloaded from this site and I also have Il2mat and matmanager v 1.93 from aces artwork. I am midway through a campaign and wouldnt like to lose my pilot data from this. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif
How would the above be backed up and if I have to reinstall are they all compatable with PF +FB +Aces install?
I plan to try to install PF over my current install and only remove everything and do a reinstall if I encounter any problems.
Thanks for any help

dieg777
11-06-2004, 01:29 PM
From reading Hunters post I think I should back up skins, user data and config.ini but could someone please give full details. e.g. an idiots guide.
I have the following campaigns added - Extreme Ones BOB and The Blue . I have some single missions downloaded from this site and I also have Il2mat and matmanager v 1.93 from aces artwork. I am midway through a campaign and wouldnt like to lose my pilot data from this. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif
How would the above be backed up and if I have to reinstall are they all compatable with PF +FB +Aces install?
I plan to try to install PF over my current install and only remove everything and do a reinstall if I encounter any problems.
Thanks for any help

fabianfred
11-06-2004, 07:28 PM
what with missions, skins, user settings for keyboard/joystick, campaigns, etc. it is really best to back-up the entire il2/fb/aep folder...

especially if you tweak missions yourself in the FMB..... otherwise if you still have the downloaded missions kept elsewhere you don't need the missions folder

user settings in the user folder, and conf.ini. files are worth keeping too.

if you haven't downloaded any extra skins, you don't need to back that folder up.

probably more.... I forget

Tully__
11-06-2004, 07:30 PM
If you have the disc space, back up the entire FB folder by copying it to another location. The copy can be used as an FB/AEP only installation should you wish to fly online on a server that doesn't have PF running.

buffscrum
11-06-2004, 07:48 PM
Are the backed up files there just in case something happens and I lose my campaigns, or will I have to move the campaign stuff back into the newly installed FB/AEP/PF?.

dieg777
11-07-2004, 01:28 PM
thanks tully will back up complete folder