PDA

View Full Version : direct x 10 in sow?

Abbeville-Boy
07-30-2007, 05:09 AM
anybody know if sow will have in game, i need to purchase os, would only buy vista if sow x10, thanks

Akronnick
07-30-2007, 06:55 AM
System reqs for SoW:BoB have not been released, but I doubt that it will require Vista

Manu-6S
07-30-2007, 07:31 AM
Wish that they use OpenGL again, or will be very difficult to see planes over terrain (but I just have difficulty to see Spits over Normandy and latest maps... one reason more to hate them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif )

Abbeville-Boy
07-30-2007, 07:38 AM
thanks, i would hate it if i buy xp and find out sow is x10, where is the july update promised, i have been holding out this long to buy os, can't wait any longer

TgD Thunderbolt56
07-30-2007, 08:01 AM
It was stated a few months back that SoW would be a DX9 program. But I guess you never know. They may have a seperate "patch" for DX10 ala COH...but let's hope not.

DX10 still leaves much to be desired. Maybe when it matures a bit more.

Lunix
07-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Like Manu said its very likely to be OpenGL as Oleg is a GL guy. Also it seems as though much of the new engine was built in or worked out of the existing one.

It is unlikely but Oleg may work in some support for the newer hardware features that many people seem to think of a DX10. Even if this is so you will be able to take full advantage of them with your existing OS. Also note that Vista does not like to play nice with GL.

carguy_
07-30-2007, 10:43 AM
They should make it back compatible with DX8.What a wonderful idea from GTR/GTL.

Each to their own PC standards.

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Im almost positive Oleg stated that SoW will run in OpenGL. Im sure there will be a directx option like now but the sim will most likely shine better in OpenGL. I do not plan on getting Vista for quite some time so I hope OpenGL is the way.'

S!

I think he said SoW will be OpenGL in that little Mysticpuma interview. I think that is.