PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed on Steam Question.

Holcane
11-24-2011, 05:15 AM
Hey Guys,

Couldn't find any information on this. I'm going to pick up my copy of AC:R next Friday. I was just wondering if it requires steam to play like Skyrim.

Tried searching for an answer, couldn't find it, just kept getting heaps of threads about being able to pre-order it on steam.

kalo.yanis
11-24-2011, 05:08 PM
It doesn't require steam if you haven't bought it off steam.

iN3krO
11-25-2011, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Holcane:
Hey Guys,

Couldn't find any information on this. I'm going to pick up my copy of AC:R next Friday. I was just wondering if it requires steam to play like Skyrim.

Tried searching for an answer, couldn't find it, just kept getting heaps of threads about being able to pre-order it on steam.

Sadly not... AcR will not be a steampowared game, this means that the online will still suck badly as AcB and that i won't buy physical copy (and the new statements made by ubisofts' PR in other franchises i think i won't even buy digital copy).

Marius331239
11-29-2011, 05:36 PM
more important question to me is why ubisoft doesent set achievements for steam users. it cant be huge effort to realize this, as the achievements are used on console versions of the game anyways. also im sure that there is a pretty huge amount of customers who buy and play on steam.