PDA

View Full Version : On line fightng

ForkTailedDevil
10-12-2004, 07:48 AM
So I have been dogfighting on the internet for about six days now and I have noticed a few things.

Is the reason VVS aircraft are so popular because most fighting happens at low altitude? I can't hit anything and most VVS figthers don't cary a lot of ammo for me is there a good VVS start start training with?

Being that I was a sissy before I never really flew with full real untill now I have noticed that it seems way to easy to stall my aircraft even at high speeds. I have gotten good at recovering though as long as I am high enough up. Any suggestions??

Thanks everyone.

ForkTailedDevil
10-12-2004, 07:48 AM
So I have been dogfighting on the internet for about six days now and I have noticed a few things.

Is the reason VVS aircraft are so popular because most fighting happens at low altitude? I can't hit anything and most VVS figthers don't cary a lot of ammo for me is there a good VVS start start training with?

Being that I was a sissy before I never really flew with full real untill now I have noticed that it seems way to easy to stall my aircraft even at high speeds. I have gotten good at recovering though as long as I am high enough up. Any suggestions??

Thanks everyone.

JG54_Arnie
10-12-2004, 09:01 AM
It varries, sometimes the LW planes are more popular.

Something good to start with is probably Lagg, maybe P-40 although its got a nasty stall at low speed. But best is to take one plane and fly it a long time, to get to know it better. Pick one you like and that looks cool. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

And stalling happens because you're pulling the stick too hard, so every time you feel/hear a stall coming up, easy the pull a bit.

F19_Ob
10-12-2004, 09:42 AM
some Early VVS planes have some problems reaching the altitudes of the 109 and fw190 and perform on the edge on high alt...thats why they tend to stay down where they have reasonable chance. ( although altitude is always good)

The later VVS like yak3 and La7 are the best overall (fast and turn well) and the lendlease p39 is also good in close combat even if u only use the four heavy mg's. The p39 isnt as fast as the 109 though and is more difficult than the 109 in really slow speeds aswell.
So if on a late map, the yak3 or La7 might be the best.

On an early map I may suggest the Hurricane MK II C with four 20mm cannons. Its very stable compared to most planes (I-16 for example) but it only performs reasonably well in medium speeds. In slow speeds it accellerates so slowly that it can be taken out even by a stuka fairly easy, and in high speeds it turns worse than a 109 and can hardly roll.
But if an enemy comes within cannon view one short bop may be enough to take a plane out. (do only short burst because it dont have enough ammo to spray with as mg equipped planes)
A hurricane is hardly a problem for a 109 in any respect in the long run but in furballs it can work great in shooting away unsuspecting enemies from friendlies tails. ( stay near clouds though). It really has only two assets and those are the stableness and the enormous punch of the cannons.

The I-16 is not so easy to fly but the cannon equipped ones have a great punch and they also can be difficult to spot and turns very well if one is careful (try to keep the speed up)

The I-15 biplane outturns most planes exept perhaps the J8 (Gladiator),and regains energy well The cannon equipped ones are deadly and its not unusual to see one down 1 or 2 uncareful 109's or why not a fw190. The drawbacks are its slow speed and a bit poor visibility.

The Mig3 is fast and comparable with 109's in speed but shouldnt turn with them. Drawbacks is that it burns easily.

Yak1 or LaGG3 are quite good but more flippy than 109's and accellerates slower from low speed. With speed and altitude they are dangerous opponents to any axis plane.
The cannon armament is good on both but in short supply.

The La5 is not as flimsy as yak1 and LaGG3 and have two cannons wich gives a good punch( may take a while to get used to them though).
In some respects its comparable to the 109.
On same altitude (medium and low) they are almost equal but normally the 109 have the energy advantage and can regain it better.

I like all of these planes and they have their own personalities.
Regardles of what plane u choose, try to stick with it for a while until u become more confident on deflection shooting in that particular plane because they all feel different. Sticking with one plane enables u to get familiar with it and learn its limits.

Although some planes may be a bit inferior to others the outcome of a battle still often depends on who has the initial advantage or angle on the other. This may enable crappier planes to shoot down better performing planes occasionally.

What I could think of at the moment http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

karost
10-12-2004, 11:21 AM
seem you still have a long way to learn about fun of "online air war combat"
I hope you understand well about "Relative Energy State" and "Relative Angle State" that is a basic art of air war combat , for me I was play online for the first 6 month and still did not know about the fact for this meaning.

there have three thing that you should do
1)read everything about online air combat ( you may start from here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=search&s=400102&result_detail=3&x_as=&x_from_srchf=Y&reqWords=combat+tactic&exactPhrase=&optWords=&notWords=&f=23110283%2C&fIgnore=23110283&subjectOnly=&afterDate=&beforeDate=&authorName=&sortType=&exp_ptyp=Y&ptyp_poll=Y&ptyp_album=Y&ptyp_msg=Y&x_disable_post_details=N&groupType=1&search=Search) )
2)keep play online to improve your skill ( record your track file )
3)analysis your skill , tactic and your opponent skill,tactic from track file

Oh... I have one good book that teach me to know about Relative Energy State and Relative Angle State ( this book "NOT" guide you to play IL2/FB/AEP ) here http://www.simhq.com/_air/PDF/STK_EAW_v106.pdf

after six month you may need you join a squad to learn to play a "team tactic" that is another story.

be good train and good hunt
S!

=================================================
Now the general who wins a battle makes many calculations in his temple ere the battle is fought.
The general who loses a battle makes but few calculations beforehand.
Thus do many calculations lead to victory, and few calculations to defeat : how much more no calculation at all! It is by attention to this point that I can foresee who is likely to win or lose.

[Art of War by SunTzu]

ForkTailedDevil
10-13-2004, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the help guys. I think another problem I have is staying on the tail of someone I am chasing I always seem to stall whrn I am after someone. I think I will prctice on avoiding most dogfights for now and work on BnZ tactics.

Tully__
10-13-2004, 09:06 AM
There are proponents of both VVS and Axis aircraft. While on some servers you'll see a preponderance of VVS aircraft, on others the opposite applies.

For stalling, two things apply:
<LI> If you're hamfisted on the controls you'll stall a lot. Apply control input smoothly, slowly and gradually, paying attention to hints provided by the game that you're coming close to stall. The hints include audio (the sound of turbulence as you approach stall), visual (condensation trails off your wing tips) and tactile (if you have force feedback your joystick will begin to vibrate).
<LI> You may need to tweek your joystick sensitivity settings. Have a browse throught the "Joysticks & FB" article linked in my sig.