PDA

View Full Version : events in GWX3

shockboy2000
02-14-2010, 02:14 AM
Hello,
was just doing another random patrol in SH3, west of Ireland, when i got a message on Oct26 1940 21:33 saying the Empress had been hit by planes in AM46, and another uboat was to go finish it off. At 42000 tons, i thought i would go have a look for it myself, as i was only 1 grid square away.
Couldnt find it..was midnight real time so i ctrl-alt-del'd and decided to load up my prev save the next day (today) to give it another bash.

So i load up the save, wait the several days until Oct26 but I never got any msg about the Empress. I patrolled AM46 and never found the Empress. I was careful to be 50km away from AM46 when i expected the radio msg to come through.

So i killed the game and reloaded the save again. I researched the lat/long on the internet where the Empress was hit, and finally sunk on Oct28. I patrolled all around these areas...but couldnt find it...and didnt get the radio msg (mentioning the aircraft bombing of the empress) again too.

So my questions are:
1) Are radio messages being heard by your uboat, generated by random ?
2) Is the Empress actually scripted into the game, i.e. physically exist..or it is just referenced in a radio message only?
3) Is the Empress spawned when the radio message is received...or much earlier from a base?
4) Does this 50km rule only apply to when the ship originally spawns, or also when you load the game and the ship [mid route/convoy] is within 50km of me ?

cheers, big ears

shockboy2000
02-14-2010, 02:14 AM
Hello,
was just doing another random patrol in SH3, west of Ireland, when i got a message on Oct26 1940 21:33 saying the Empress had been hit by planes in AM46, and another uboat was to go finish it off. At 42000 tons, i thought i would go have a look for it myself, as i was only 1 grid square away.
Couldnt find it..was midnight real time so i ctrl-alt-del'd and decided to load up my prev save the next day (today) to give it another bash.

So i load up the save, wait the several days until Oct26 but I never got any msg about the Empress. I patrolled AM46 and never found the Empress. I was careful to be 50km away from AM46 when i expected the radio msg to come through.

So i killed the game and reloaded the save again. I researched the lat/long on the internet where the Empress was hit, and finally sunk on Oct28. I patrolled all around these areas...but couldnt find it...and didnt get the radio msg (mentioning the aircraft bombing of the empress) again too.

So my questions are:
1) Are radio messages being heard by your uboat, generated by random ?
2) Is the Empress actually scripted into the game, i.e. physically exist..or it is just referenced in a radio message only?
3) Is the Empress spawned when the radio message is received...or much earlier from a base?
4) Does this 50km rule only apply to when the ship originally spawns, or also when you load the game and the ship [mid route/convoy] is within 50km of me ?

cheers, big ears

GREYWOLFJD
02-14-2010, 02:44 AM
Most of the radio messages in ,SH3 GWX about other U-boats, ships being captured/stoped, ships giving coordinates, and messages about ships sinking, are purely immersion.

shockboy2000
02-14-2010, 03:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GREYWOLFJD:
Most of the radio messages in ,SH3 GWX about other U-boats, ships being captured/stoped, ships giving coordinates, and messages about ships sinking, are purely immersion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

certainly immersed me, wasted godknows how many hours hunting the phantom ship! oh well, i learned a little bit of history in the process http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif