PDA

View Full Version : Please tell my son why he cannot play.

rhamutap11
03-10-2010, 11:26 AM
My name is Bill Hopkins and I live in Montana with my son Eric. Eric means the world to me. Six months ago my son was diagnosed with leukemia. His condition is expected to be terminal and we are doing all we can to enjoy our time together. One of those things we do is play PC games. We had a great time with Assassins Creed and we were looking forward to playing AC2 together. So we picked up AC2... that's when we learned of this DRM or whatever you call it. We live out in the country so our internet connection is intermittent at best. We have yet to play the game successfully for more than 10 minutes at the most.

It breaks my heart to see my son spending what little free time he gets outside of treatments struggling with this DRM. Please remove it so you can make my son happy, which is all I care about in this world.

-BH

rhamutap11
03-10-2010, 11:26 AM
My name is Bill Hopkins and I live in Montana with my son Eric. Eric means the world to me. Six months ago my son was diagnosed with leukemia. His condition is expected to be terminal and we are doing all we can to enjoy our time together. One of those things we do is play PC games. We had a great time with Assassins Creed and we were looking forward to playing AC2 together. So we picked up AC2... that's when we learned of this DRM or whatever you call it. We live out in the country so our internet connection is intermittent at best. We have yet to play the game successfully for more than 10 minutes at the most.

It breaks my heart to see my son spending what little free time he gets outside of treatments struggling with this DRM. Please remove it so you can make my son happy, which is all I care about in this world.

-BH

BrianHanna
03-10-2010, 03:33 PM
that's really lame to do the whole fake cancer thing.

Abeonis
03-10-2010, 04:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BrianHanna:
that's really lame to do the whole fake cancer thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually BrianHanna, you have no idea whatsoever if the OP's son has cancer or not; don't just go and start throwing insults and blames, alright?

Now, Mr. Hopkins, unfortunately it is highly unlikely that Ubisoft will remove this DRM. Personally, if it can be afforded I would recommend purchasing the game for console (as well as a console), if it's within your budget to do so.

Other than that, I'm afraid there's nout to be done.

sithora
03-10-2010, 05:19 PM
wtf man... either your son is sick, if so i am sorry for you both, or you just ****ing around. to be honest... this seems to sentimental to be true...

either way i dont think you should play this card.

Cornik22
03-10-2010, 06:31 PM
lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Xanatos2007
03-10-2010, 10:31 PM
If Ubisoft can somehow ignore the MASSIVE loss in sales & support of their PC customers I doubt they'll pay much attention to a sentimental cancer story, true or not.

Mr_Shade
03-11-2010, 04:19 AM
True or not..

I find it VERY strange that he is posting from Oklahoma State University...

When his home, in the country... is in Montana?

I think people can make their own minds up about the OP..

I for one think of life issues more seriously rather than use them as a reason to hound Ubisoft over the DRM.

So I am locking the thread...