PDA

View Full Version : Unreasonable Restrictions on Sub Missions in Brotherhood

TullsterUK
02-14-2011, 11:31 PM
Just out of interest I wondered if anyone out there agrees with me on this subject?

I can accept the restriction "Do not be noticed" on a mission....ON ITS OWN.

I can accept the restriction "Do not kill anyone" on a mission.....ON ITS OWN.

I can accept the restriction "Only Kill "Person" on a mission......ON ITS OWN.

What I find unacceptable is multiple restrictions on a single mission.

I refer specifically to the mission to obtain blueprints and destroy the machine gun, in the end I go so fed up of being spotted that I resorted to killing all of the guards on the level prior to going for the blueprints and feel it unfair to lose 50% sync because I did it this way, my opinion is that Ezio is an assassin, killing guards is his Reason Detre and the game player should be able to complete a level in this way.....

Comments invited !

Kevin.

ThaWhistle
02-14-2011, 11:37 PM
its assassins creed though, not Rambo First blood part 5: The Prequel part 2.5

Krayus Korianis
02-14-2011, 11:52 PM
You are allowed to complete the mission in any way you want.

But to achieve 100% Synchronization with Ezio's memories, you have to do them in the order and way Ezio did.

If you can't do that... Well, you should play all the games and see how good AC:B has it.

kriegerdesgottes
02-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:

Ok I understand what you are saying there but if you remember the big appeal to the first game, well one of the big appeals to the first game was that you could get into the town or you could take on a mission however you felt like doing it. You could sneak past or go rambo style or just climb over, it was up to you and that was awesome. I personally prefer the rambo first blood part 5. 2.5 approach. I can not stand sneaking around all the time trying not to get caught and then have to do it all over from the beginning because AC is trying to be splinter cell. That's the reason I don't play those games is because I can't stand stealth for too long.

Razrback16
02-15-2011, 10:09 AM
I don't mind the 100% sync stuff, but what I do mind is when certain missions, like the bomber mission where if you are even remotely spotted, you are desynchronized which makes absolutely no sense. Make it so it's a choice.

ThaWhistle
02-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:

Ok I understand what you are saying there but if you remember the big appeal to the first game, well one of the big appeals to the first game was that you could get into the town or you could take on a mission however you felt like doing it. You could sneak past or go rambo style or just climb over, it was up to you and that was awesome. I personally prefer the rambo first blood part 5. 2.5 approach. I can not stand sneaking around all the time trying not to get caught and then have to do it all over from the beginning because AC is trying to be splinter cell. That's the reason I don't play those games is because I can't stand stealth for too long. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah. But you still can do that, now you just get a mroe challenging, alternative way to do it that you can get some recognition for.

I haven't played the game though so I don't have any first hand experience with it. But I o keep hearing people complain about the tank level.

masterfenix2009
02-16-2011, 04:24 PM
OK sir. Did you even play the first one. It was much harder than.any of the AC series. The machine gun mission was easy. You only have to pass three guards if you do kit right. The game, for the most part, l
ets you choose what to if you. Played the first game the rules tell you to be stealthy until you knoll your target. This is one of the least stealthy games that they have forced.

massmurdera_666
02-16-2011, 05:31 PM
the only problem I had with the restrictions was that damn tank mission, ****ed me off. and having to restart the whole mission to gain 100% sync.

TullsterUK
02-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Come on........seriously guys.......have I played the first game?

Yes, I have played the first game at least 8 times over.

I have played the second game 10 times over.

I guess I am trying to indicate that I feel less likely to want to repeat the Brotherhood experience than the other two games for several reasons:

1. The afore-mentioned unreasonable restrictions if you are to attain 100% sync.
2. The minimalist play area compared to the first two games......I miss the Kingdom!
3. Sending your recruits on missions? NA. would rather be able to do those missions myself thanks.

To sum up AC had a great storyline, AC2 expanded upon it and hooked the player into the storyline even more, the missions in AC2 were much better and more varied than AC.

Brotherhood disappoints on several levels IMHO.

Oh......and whats with that group of locals who pop up every now and then and attack Ezio for no apparent reason........they're not Guards, they're not Romulus members.........who da F*** are they?

The only addition in Brotherhood which I applaud is the requirement to remove Borgia influence by taking out the captains and then lighting the towers, the only storyline improvement is the clear indicator that Lucy Stilman has been working for the Templars all along and conning Desmond with fake escapes etc.

I hope the development team gets things back on track for the next release.

iN3krO
02-17-2011, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:

Ok I understand what you are saying there but if you remember the big appeal to the first game, well one of the big appeals to the first game was that you could get into the town or you could take on a mission however you felt like doing it. You could sneak past or go rambo style or just climb over, it was up to you and that was awesome. I personally prefer the rambo first blood part 5. 2.5 approach. I can not stand sneaking around all the time trying not to get caught and then have to do it all over from the beginning because AC is trying to be splinter cell. That's the reason I don't play those games is because I can't stand stealth for too long. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Assassins were stealth and not rambos...
if u want to rush killing every one, become a templar? or maybe go play call of duty (:

Originally posted by TullsterUK:

I guess I am trying to indicate that I feel less likely to want to repeat the Brotherhood experience than the other two games for several reasons:

1. The afore-mentioned unreasonable restrictions if you are to attain 100% sync.
2. The minimalist play area compared to the first two games......I miss the Kingdom!
3. Sending your recruits on missions? NA. would rather be able to do those missions myself thanks.

To sum up AC had a great storyline, AC2 expanded upon it and hooked the player into the storyline even more, the missions in AC2 were much better and more varied than AC.

Oh......and whats with that group of locals who pop up every now and then and attack Ezio for no apparent reason........they're not Guards, they're not Romulus members.........who da F*** are they?

The only addition in Brotherhood which I applaud is the requirement to remove Borgia influence by taking out the captains and then lighting the towers, the only storyline improvement is the clear indicator that Lucy Stilman has been working for the Templars all along and conning Desmond with fake escapes etc.

U forgot to say that AC2 were much easier than ac1 and that brotherhood is musch more easier than ac2 and that make ppl lose interest....

Murcuseo
02-17-2011, 10:33 AM
As a completionist and someone that enjoys difficulty in games, I really don't understand this.

You want them to remove specific parts of the game just so you don't find it too difficult?.

I guess with the way gaming is going people are looking for easy, disposable titles rather than a challenging, entertaining experience.

Razrback16
02-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
As a completionist and someone that enjoys difficulty in games, I really don't understand this.

You want them to remove specific parts of the game just so you don't find it too difficult?.

I guess with the way gaming is going people are looking for easy, disposable titles rather than a challenging, entertaining experience.

lol, how dare someone not have the same viewpoint as you. The audacity of people these days.

iN3krO
02-17-2011, 11:05 AM

That's just what i'm trying to stop, i wan't good titles with good story and good gameplay but without removing any dificult to the game(god of war is a good eg)... AC already got good story and gameplay, now we need a bit more of challenging....

I want them to remove fighting with hiden blade and to make combos/counter-attack less powerfull (maybe a bit more powerfull and fluid than ac1 but not too overpowered)

Ass4ssin8me
02-17-2011, 01:01 PM

I agree with the OP. Brotherhood didn't have a good story compared to the others ( other than Desmonds parts ) and I was dissapointed. I fear it was because they Focused on Multiplayer.. Let's hope they don't do that.

I didn't like the 100% either BUT I do agree witgh you too. The AC games are far too easy.. The guards only has 2 Health gems and you could counter whenever now...

bokeef04
02-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by TullsterUK:

2. The minimalist play area compared to the first two games......I miss the Kingdom! <span class="ev_code_RED">the 'kingdom' is still there, it is the whole area outside of rome, they just removed the loading screens and the wasteland of mindless people walking and guards that hated people riding horses at faster than a slow walk</span>

Oh......and whats with that group of locals who pop up every now and then and attack Ezio for no apparent reason........they're not Guards, they're not Romulus members.........who da F*** are they?<span class="ev_code_red">they were bandits</span>

The only addition in Brotherhood which I applaud is the requirement to remove Borgia influence by taking out the captains and then lighting the towers, the only storyline improvement is the clear indicator that Lucy Stilman has been working for the Templars all along and conning Desmond with fake escapes etc.<span class="ev_code_red">what clear indicators? it can't be the emails from William M. because shaun receives emails from him aswell</span>

badassapple
02-23-2011, 08:32 AM

Again, a very self indulgent opinion.
Now, to make a point.
This forum is completely SELF INDULGENT.
This is generally the nature of such forums, to give a FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT to the game players and to get feedback from the players which can be used to improve the game or even write new games.
When someone come on and you don't like them,
If they are not doing any thing wrong, then leave them alone *** hole.
Just because you dont like their opinion, doesn't give you the write to bully them by looking up all their posts and writing derogatory remarks about them, and getting your little buddies to help gang up on them.

Especially if that person isn't doing anything wrong. Wake up and turn off, tune out and get a life.

Learn to keep your mouth shut dude and stop bullying people!!!

magesupermaster
02-23-2011, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by badassapple:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:

Now, to make a point.
This is generally the nature of such forums, to give a FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT to the game players and to get feedback from the players which can be used to improve the game or even write new games.
Just because you dont like their opinion, doesn't give you the write to bully them by looking up all their posts and writing derogatory remarks about them, and getting your little buddies to help gang up on them.

Especially if that person isn't doing anything wrong. Wake up and turn off, tune out and get a life.

Learn to keep your mouth shut dude and stop bullying people!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Everything you just wrote in your post, was done by you.

Except for the friends part. Because, you know, you don't have any.

Also, are you trying to bully Robson by posting on threads he posted? Because I've seen you've been hunting down those specific threads.

Talk about having no life...

vorenus73
02-23-2011, 08:54 AM
I refer specifically to the mission to obtain blueprints and destroy the machine gun, in the end I go so fed up of being spotted that I resorted to killing all of the guards on the level prior to going for the blueprints and feel it unfair to lose 50% sync because I did it this way, my opinion is that Ezio is an assassin, killing guards is his Reason Detre and the game player should be able to complete a level in this way.....
I think the #1 thing for an assassin is to complete his objective and have nobody know what happened or who was there. So if his objective is to destroy a machine, he will only kill if necessary.

100% synch is how Ezio a master assassin did it... if you are not as good as Ezio, then join the club. I could not get to the machine gun blueprints without being spotted, I tried a bunch of times then just decided to finish the mission without full synch.

Synch is important to get all of the Cristina Memories, I think you just need 75% synch overall in the game. So if you do not get 100% on a few missions, it really doesn't matter. I like a game to be so hard that I cannot do everything perfectly, it makes it challenging and keeps me playing for a while.

Murcuseo
02-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Razrback16:

lol, how dare someone not have the same viewpoint as you. The audacity of people these days.

Well done on completely misinterpreting my post. I said I don't understand their outlook, not that they had to fall in line with mine.

Sarcasm is always welcome though, good job. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by badassapple:

Now, to make a point.

Learn to keep your mouth shut dude and stop bullying people!!!

With the amount of swearing and bad mouthing you do, I doubt very much you want to create a friendly environment.

Nowhere in my posts did I say I don't like people, I just happen to disagree with their outlook on certain things. I don't even know them, so to say that I don't like them is a dramatisation.

Don't worry badassapple, I understand you were hacked off because I disliked your approach on posting and feedback. But, now that you're account is suspended you can take some time to chill out and come back here with a fresh perspective.

I'm sure you'll find another forum to swear, rant and spam on in no time. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BTOG46
02-23-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm sure you'll find another forum to swear, rant and spam on in no time. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

That's not very polite, stop it now! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Murcuseo
02-23-2011, 09:57 AM
In comparison to what he said to me in the other thread it's polite, but I get your point. lol

AMuppetMatt
02-23-2011, 01:58 PM
The 100% sync thing is optional. A lot of people have complained that AC games don't have a replayable factor. Now they do. If you can't do the 100% sync thing first time then do it the way you want. Once you've completed the game (and probably complained it was too easy, that's what everyone does) go back and finish missions to 100% sync... as a challenge... which makes it harder.

End of topic methinks?

Shep309
02-24-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm with Robson, I like having to work for my 100% sync or achievements, I don't want them handed to me. Sure I'll get miffed after my 15th retry of the tank mission because one of those 2 tanks at the end gets a lucky shot off, but hey that's life. Shut it off, walk away for a while and come back to it.

Like it's been said, it's all optional anyway, and if you're not a completionist.. then who really cares? Also, I think people are looking at brotherhood as more of a stand alone game, which it is, but I view it as more an extension of AC2. Since AC1 was Altair AC2 -Brotherhood is Ezio, I imagine AC3 will be an entirely new character.

Anyway, the extra sync options are not THAT hard, just have a little patience and practice everyone can get them

Murcuseo
02-25-2011, 04:38 AM
I have a feeling, that for a lot of people having the badge of 100% on games is more important than the challenge itself. They want to be able to say "I got 100% on AC:B in 2 days" or something similar. But, as it's difficult to do that you're getting people complaining that's it's too difficult, instead of actually just getting their heads down and doing it.

ChaosxNetwork
02-25-2011, 07:55 AM
Guards are just poor people who want food on the table, they are just taking orders from the real evil one Ceasre, so why do they deserve to die?
Plus it is about how Ezio did it, if I was him I know i don't want to go around killing thousands of people...

GunnarGunderson
02-25-2011, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
its assassins creed though, not Rambo First blood part 5: The Prequel part 2.5 But in all the Rambo movies Rambo was stealthy and only went high profile when he was caught

ProjectXanatos
02-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Really? I thought the entire point of Brotherhood was to make you feel like a bad-. In ACI, you just felt like a dude with a sword that MIGHT kill someone. In ACII and Brotherhood, you do what an Assassin does best: kills people without much trouble. But that's not the topic of this thread.

So, I agree with the unreasonable restrictions, though mainly with "getting seen, get desynchronized". This is a greatly unfair issue to do to people who love just running into battle and fighting. Now, myself, I greatly favor stealth over fighting (outsmarting your opponents, basically), but who's to say I don't want to just run up and start a huge battle?

Additionally, the restrictions should have been made with more variety. All I basically saw was "do not get noticed", "finish in this amount of time", or - the biggest issue I have - "kill this target with the hidden blade". They should have put in more than that, give people a reason to use another weapon, so I have barely used the poison since I have so many other things at my disposal to distract the guards.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

SMILLERISMYANME
02-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Love is free guys...

Just saying

SMILLERISMYANME
02-28-2011, 09:46 AM
AND, we are given way too many weapons in brotherhood. Personally, I think this game is a massive let down.