PDA

View Full Version : Game no longer works, at all....

PetervDam
09-17-2019, 02:10 PM
So first they release uplay+ that doesn't work till this date. And now I just wanted to play Trials Rising again, only to meet the new "This game has crashed" popup.
That's right. It just launched a black window, only to close it a few seconds later about a crash....

Running on the latest Win10 / Nvidia drivers. (6600K/2080gtx) - Worked OK before, but now it does not.

This is the last Trails and Ubisoft game or service that I will ever play or pay for. I'm done with Ubisoft. At least EA has working loot crates and gambling games, with Ubisoft, even that doesn't work!!!

PetervDam
09-17-2019, 02:12 PM
Reinstall, verifying files doesn't help. I want a fix within the next 48 hours or my money for the game and DLC back. I'm done!

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-17-2019, 03:19 PM
Hi PetervDam, please could you contact our support team, including a DxDiag report and MS info, so we can take a look at this for you? https://ubi.li/gcmzu

TyrianMollusk
09-18-2019, 12:45 AM
Hey, here's an idea... Don't write garbage code. Crashing is never acceptable behavior. It always means your coding practices and QA have failed your customers. Game crashes if the integrated graphics is disabled, game crashes if hamachi exists, game crashes if anything unusual happens in startup, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash.

It's just embarrassing.

YeahimAwesome
09-18-2019, 03:43 AM
I hope you PC players get better support than some of us Xbox players have, some of us have been having the same problem (20secs of black screen, then crashes back to dashboard) for a week now. It must be a very rare issue since UbiLynx doesn't seem very concerned about fixing the problem, or to even acknowledge that there is a problem.

https://youtu.be/9BbyQFsY35o

mrjorts
09-18-2019, 04:01 AM
In case the op or anyone else experiencing this problem hasn't checked the support forum, we have made some troubleshooting progress in this thread https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2123898-Crashes-on-launch-after-installing-September-patch

I hope that we can get some word on a fix for the Xbox as well as the PC bug since it's a pretty serious issue.

NoMoreHats_
09-18-2019, 08:41 AM
Since the last update Uplay prompts me to run Rising as administrator. If I try to start it the regular way, the game crashes. Maybe that's caused by a similar issue(?)

Scruffy McGuffy
09-18-2019, 02:38 PM
Maybe I got lucky on PC (Steam), because I've never had any issues. Other than for the first few months it would crash when I exited but that wasn't a problem since I was exiting anyway. I have an AMD card. I've seen posts suggesting there have been issues with Nvidia cards or integrated graphics.

hiasiboy
09-19-2019, 08:16 PM
Have you tried starting the game with all your networking disabled? you can re-enable it when you are at the menu screen.

PetervDam
09-20-2019, 06:57 AM
That worked!

So it's a DRM issue again with the game. Great. Actual purchasers can't play the game while illegal downloaders can! Thanks Ubisoft!
Also, contacting support didn't help. Just the usual, it's not us, its you response....

TheRankinator
09-20-2019, 04:53 PM
I thought it was something to do with the calling of the server too.

But actually it's to do with the cloud saves, as I deleted my local saves and then it booted perfectly. Saves were in the cloud so it just restored them. I'd imagine turning off network stuff on boot stops it calling the cloud saves and messing things up.

Pyro.GX
09-22-2019, 06:36 AM
So, I fired the game back up after about 5 months or so, and I have to agree with the OP, the game is broken (at least on PC). A recap of my experience with the game tonight:

First boot of the game, crash to desktop.
Tried to join Global Multiplayer, timed out three times in a row. Either nobody bothers playing on PC at all anymore, or the matchmaking is borked.
Ran a couple of the new tracks from the DLC, frame stutter nearly the entire race. I switched to the LOWEST graphics settings and even ran offline, still saw frame stutter on the new DLC tracks (no art optimization pass on the new tracks or what?)
I ran a couple of the original tracks online, with the highest graphics settings, no stutter.

Never had these problems with Evo or Fusion for that matter. The exception being global multiplayer, which seems to be a lost cause. I don't know why you guys even bother having a ranking system and seasons when nobody is playing online anyway.