PDA

View Full Version : Not a bug, really, but some feedback

SpiritMuse
09-14-2019, 08:58 PM
I've been running around in the discovery mode for the past few days and I'm enjoying it a lot, there's so much interesting information to see and find, I love it. But I've run into two, maybe not very big but noticeable, issues while doing so.

The first is that, once completed, the icons of the tours become very difficult to see on the map. Their yellow intricately double lined border makes them blend in with the map very much, especially when they are located in cities (which most are). The map itself, while beautiful, is very busy visually and often painted in light colors, especially in the cities, so it's the dark background and simple lines that make the icons stand out and easily visible. Without that, it's much harder to find them again.

Second, I wish the characters would have the advanced assassins swan dive and roll landing when jumping off of things, instead of falling down and hurting themselves. Of course, they don't actually get hurt because this mode doesn't have health bars, but there is still the red flash of pain and the limping they do afterwards. Having them do the damage free swan dive would feel much more fluid and carefree.

Other than that I'm really enjoying the experience. The narrators are great, and talking to the characters themselves is fun, too. Especially giving the wrong answers to their questions can be very funny sometimes! And running around as different characters is excising, too, and can lead to funny situations — I've already seen a picture on the map of an Alkibiades hanging off a particular body part of the giant statue on Kephallonia... xD

Ubi-Trippn
09-17-2019, 01:53 PM
Hi SpiritMuse,
Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear that you're enjoying the Discovery Tour, do you have an example of the Icons visibility to hand?
I'll pass the feedback on about the dive, it makes sense to me that the movement around the world would be fluid.

Sp33dyKat
09-25-2019, 02:03 AM
The first is that, once completed, the icons of the tours become very difficult to see on the map. Their yellow intricately double lined border makes them blend in with the map very much, especially when they are located in cities (which most are).

I completely agree with you on this visibility issue, SpiritMuse. The "completed" Tour icons blend into the map. A darker color would be much appreciated!

SpiritMuse
09-27-2019, 12:32 PM
Hi SpiritMuse,
Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear that you're enjoying the Discovery Tour, do you have an example of the Icons visibility to hand?
Hi, thanks for the reply!

I've made some screenshots to illustrate as requested:

https://i.imgur.com/BEEdBCX.jpg

Here I have the map of Athens, with some completed Tours and one not done yet. When you glance at the map the eye is easily drawn to the dark icon of the Tour that is yet to be done, while the others are much harder to spot because they match the background colors and patterns much more closely. On my tv the effect is even stronger. Another screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/ufhkrdY.jpg

Now with all the icons on the map, the completed Tours get buried even more. The Discovery Sites also get slightly less visible as their main color shifts to yellow, but as they're circular they still stand out plenty against the mostly straight (or otherwise non-circular) lines of the map background.

(By the way, it took me some time to realise that the Discovery Sites could in fact be shown on the map, as they're default turned off—unlike in the main game where all icons are turned on by default. So I assumed the setting would be the same and that Discovery Sites simply didn't show at all)