PDA

View Full Version : Problems uploading tracks to Track Central

Doughnut_3000
09-12-2019, 01:25 AM
Ever since the new DLC/patch I've been unable to upload three tracks that I've been working on for the past two months. It keeps giving me the error "Inappropriate language detected." I've tried changing the names, description, creating new saves, and even uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This is really bumming me out and I was hoping I could get some assistance since I've spent so much time working on these. The community could really use more content on Track Central and thought this would be nice touch to the recently released DLC.

ST1CKM4Nbeni
09-12-2019, 01:04 PM
Me too now. Before Newest patch, Once reboot TrialsRising made uploading success in also gear-customization. I think many players met some trouble, and gave up uploading. This problem was reported since right after released, and UBI assured investigating this problem. How long time passed since then? We haven't heard a word from them about this.

mrjorts
09-12-2019, 05:23 PM
Yeah. Restarting the game and going straight into the editor and retrying the upload is how I've gotten past that. Happened on a couple of my tracks ever since launch.

Doughnut_3000
09-14-2019, 12:53 AM
Yeah I've tried that in the past, but for this case nothing has worked. It's really disappointing to have this issue this late into the game when people are coming back for DLC.

Twinfire_98
09-14-2019, 05:50 AM
Yes I got the same problem. Usualy I could get past it by changing something. But this time I cannot upload my track because every word (even hust ) is inappropriate. This is frustrating. After putting some work into a track, and validating it three times now, I just cannot get it done. I hope this issue is fixed soon.

Ubi-Houck
09-19-2019, 11:09 AM
Hey everyone!

Sorry that you are getting this "Inappropriate language detected." and thank you for providing the information on this.

I can confirm I have passed this along to the team so we can look into it.

Thanks again!

Ubi-Houck
09-19-2019, 12:01 PM
Hi again!

I have got confirmation this should be fixed now since the last update.

If you do find this occurring again, please let us know.

Thanks!

MadMotoMan
11-09-2019, 05:59 PM
I am having the same issue and just bought the game about two weeks ago.
Says can't share because of inappropriate language but my description is just "Simple Track" and the name is also benign.
Also, I can't seem to be able to play my track outside the editor.

Ubi-Keo
11-14-2019, 06:19 PM
I am having the same issue and just bought the game about two weeks ago.
Says can't share because of inappropriate language but my description is just "Simple Track" and the name is also benign.
Also, I can't seem to be able to play my track outside the editor.

Sorry for the late response.

This issue should have been fixed in the latest update. I have reported this to the dev team.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

MadMotoMan
12-03-2019, 05:03 PM
Still can't play or upload my own tracks.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Creating and playing my own tracks is 95% of the reason I bought this game, but being this is my first UPlay game and can't get it work correctly, I'm not very excited to buy another one (and I really do love the game).

Ubi-Raziel
12-11-2019, 03:31 PM
Still can't play or upload my own tracks.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Creating and playing my own tracks is 95% of the reason I bought this game, but being this is my first UPlay game and can't get it work correctly, I'm not very excited to buy another one (and I really do love the game).

Hey!

- Would it be possible to provide us with a fresh image of a name and description you are trying?
- Also, does it seem to happen with any name and description?
- Have you tried restarting the game and attempting to share again?

MadMotoMan
12-11-2019, 06:56 PM
I've tried multiple track names including: "TestMap","Sample", "Short Test", "Achy Breaky", "Balls to the Wall"
Multiple different descriptions including: "Simple & Hilly", "Ramps", "Fairly Easy", "Flat with jumps"
I started and played the game every day since buying it about six weeks ago. I edit and resave tracks I'm working on every day. I connect online and play every few days and each time also try creating a new short and simple track and save it. Every time I save new test maps or edit and save one I'm working on I get a message saying it is saved and available to play but it's not in TC.
I know the tracks are saved because I can reload and work on them, test them in the editor, etc... but it doesn't save my "thumbnail", description, tags, etc...
Every time I try to share (which I've only done to see if it will go to my TC menu) it asks me to do a test run and create a screenshot again but it doesn't save those either.
I can find my tracks in "My Documents..." and have made backup copies of them just in case I lose them. (I've spent a lot of time on them)
I really do love this game and would love it even more if I could play (and share) my own creations.
I'd hate to have to reinstall as I've made a lot of progress.
Thanks again for your time.

Ubi-Raziel
12-16-2019, 02:04 PM
I've tried multiple track names including: "TestMap","Sample", "Short Test", "Achy Breaky", "Balls to the Wall"
Multiple different descriptions including: "Simple & Hilly", "Ramps", "Fairly Easy", "Flat with jumps"
I started and played the game every day since buying it about six weeks ago. I edit and resave tracks I'm working on every day. I connect online and play every few days and each time also try creating a new short and simple track and save it. Every time I save new test maps or edit and save one I'm working on I get a message saying it is saved and available to play but it's not in TC.
I know the tracks are saved because I can reload and work on them, test them in the editor, etc... but it doesn't save my "thumbnail", description, tags, etc...
Every time I try to share (which I've only done to see if it will go to my TC menu) it asks me to do a test run and create a screenshot again but it doesn't save those either.
I can find my tracks in "My Documents..." and have made backup copies of them just in case I lose them. (I've spent a lot of time on them)
I really do love this game and would love it even more if I could play (and share) my own creations.
I'd hate to have to reinstall as I've made a lot of progress.
Thanks again for your time.

Thanks for getting back to me!

I have forwarded all of the above to the team, I really appreciate you taking the time to list your whole experience. in great detail.

Are you still getting the error regarding appropriate language? If so, would it be possible to provide an image please, clearly showing the Title & Description you are trying to use?

MadMotoMan
12-19-2019, 05:11 PM
Next time I'm online (in game) I'll try and do that. I've kinda given up on this issue for the moment.
I think I have Trials Rising Plus if that helps (game version 1.2.15). My biggest issue is that I can't play tracks I've created. (outside the editor)
I'm sure it's some stupid little thing on my end, I just can't figure out what. Something seems to be blocking the editor from writing the track files to the TC folder.
I just updated windows and Nvidia driver and ironically that made the game start to stutter after about a half hour or so.
My pc is a little outdated but should still be well within specs.
Some System Specs:
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit

Ubi-Raziel
12-20-2019, 01:59 PM
Next time I'm online (in game) I'll try and do that. I've kinda given up on this issue for the moment.
I think I have Trials Rising Plus if that helps (game version 1.2.15). My biggest issue is that I can't play tracks I've created. (outside the editor)
I'm sure it's some stupid little thing on my end, I just can't figure out what. Something seems to be blocking the editor from writing the track files to the TC folder.
I just updated windows and Nvidia driver and ironically that made the game start to stutter after about a half hour or so.
My pc is a little outdated but should still be well within specs.
Some System Specs:
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit

We have had reports of the inappropriate name issue before, however they were always quite rare and we were never able to reproduce it ourselves.

Being unable to write to a folder is usually related to permissions. You can try making sure you're running the game as administrator, or perhaps even try another Windows user.

Regarding the stuttering, have you noticed if your actual FPS drops?

Your system looks perfectly fine to me! My system is perhaps 5 years old now, apart from a couple of small upgrades. That is outdated, but it can still play most games fine :)

MadMotoMan
12-20-2019, 04:24 PM
Thank you again for your attention to this.
I am the only user on the pc but will double check permissions.
The stutter only starts to occur after a half hour to an hour and only started after updating drivers and windows. It's like around once per second and at a steady rate but I also get it really choppy at the start of a track & textures are loading slow now (again after 30-60 minutes). I may do a system restore and see if that makes a difference. Then reinstall GPU driver.
Again, I can load and save my tracks and test run them in the editor just fine, but they are not in Track Central and are not saving the screenshot or tag info or validation run. (Track info is just not saving to the TC folder).
If I figure this out I will be sure and post my solution here in case other run into this (or just for the devs to be aware of)
Happy Holidays.

MadMotoMan
12-23-2019, 04:50 PM
Ok, an update on this:
Reinstalled drivers & double checked windows update... Still couldn't play my own tracks or share them.
Found the folder where tracks are stored (Documents\Trials Rising\Saved Games\CODEDNAME\Cache Storage\User Tracks)) and discovered that [Read Only] was checked for the folder (no idea why) so, I unchecked the folder and tried again.
This time, for some reason it let me share a track online to Track Central but still won't let me play my own tracks. I was able to play the track I "Shared" online and was able to also play it in TC offline but only the "Test" version I uploaded. So weird.
Also, now unfortunately I've shared a test track to TC that was my first track and really a crappy "Throw away track". Is there a way to remove it? 'cause it really wasn't worth sharing in my opinion.
I think I'm one step closer to figuring this out. Seems I can at least share a track now. Next time I'll try sharing a better one. :)

MadMotoMan
12-24-2019, 05:13 PM
Another update:
Well, I thought I was close to solving this but now I can't play or share my tracks again and on top of that everytime I go online I lose all my Christmas Crates.
I may try a full reinstall in a week or two but for now this is just giving me a bad attitude that I don't want so I'm setting it aside for the moment. This shouldn't be this complicated.
Funny thing... I wouldn't care at all if I didn't love this game.

MadMotoMan
12-29-2019, 05:29 PM
Ok, I've managed to upload (share) a second track and this was one I did want to share. Here is what I had to do to get it to work though...
I had to find the folder (inside the Documents\ Trials Rising\ etc... folder) where the editor saves tracks and uncheck read only (again) but also had to find the folder where Track Central tracks are stored and uncheck it from read only. Didn't change the track name or description or tags (track is called "BadToTheBone") and this time it did save and didn't give me the "Inappropriate Language error".
However, the folders where editor and TC maps are stored revert back to read only after closing them (I assume because they are in folders contained in My Documents).
When I was able to share the track, I had "properties" on both those folder open, with "read only" unchecked, and had clicked "Apply" but not yet "OK" to close the properties menus.

I'm still stumped as to why I am having this issue especially if other people are not experiencing this. And I still can't play my own tracks in TC without sharing them online first.
Also, the version I purchased is "Trials Rising Plus" but I don't know why that expanded version would be any different.
I am curious to know if the "Inappropriate Language" bug that was resolved in the last update was related to read only folders, or if this is unique to my pc.
And, I hope this added info helps in some way.

MadMotoMan
01-02-2020, 04:28 PM
I'm not intentionally bumping this topic but rather adding more info to it.
Last three or four times I've gone online now I've lost ALL my crates collected in offline mode (17 so far!) and now I'm losing any acorns I've earned. The acorns are the ones that really annoy me because they are getting really hard to get now. Just finished a contract that gave me 10 acorns which gave me enough to finally buy the scarab bike, but when I went online to buy it they dropped from 50 to 40 (losing the ones recently gained.
I want to remain positive about this game but some of these issues are really making it difficult.

Ubi-Raziel
01-08-2020, 07:38 PM
Hello MadMotoMan!

Apologies for the wait. I am still keeping on top of this for you, we're still catching up after the festive period.

I checked the folder permissions on a test system in the office and that also had Read Only permissions, so I believe this is normal.

Would it be possible to provide us with a video of you trying to share your tracks and the issues you are experiencing with Track Central / Track Editor? Our discussion seems to be evolving to multiple issues here which are difficult to pin point, so a video would be the best way for us to validate the issue and try to reproduce it ourselves.

On top of the video, the map files themselves would help us with our testing. Would you be happy to create a support case and send us those files? This support article explains how: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/faqs/000025876/

Regarding the missing content, I will take some time to investigate this for you. I will need to check my tools and cross reference it with your experience, to determine what may have happened.

I appreciate that this issues have been frustrating and you have a lot of love for the Trials series. We're doing everything we can for all players to enjoy it by adding extra content, as well as resolving any bug reports we receive. Leave this with my and I'll continue to investigate for you, in the meantime please try to provide a video of your Track issues!

MadMotoMan
01-09-2020, 06:23 PM
Thanks again for looking at this. I assume it's something isolated to my pc as I'm not hearing of other people having this issue since the last update.
The two tracks I was having trouble sharing (bad language error) for some reason I was finally able to upload and nothing was changed on them. They can be found on TC under MadMotoMan. First one was not intended to share as it was a learning track (Achy Breaky Test) but as it has more likes than dislike I guess it's ok. The second one is called "BadToTheBone". I haven't finished any others to try yet but have one nearly ready.
Still unable to find my "saved" tracks in TC without sharing them online first.
I've never tried to recorded game video so I'm not sure how to do that, but I do have a few screenshots I can send as well as whatever files are needed.
I want to try a full uninstall and reinstall of Uplay and the game but don't want to lose my progress. I have backed up my track and object files so I think they are ok if I do.
I am suspicious that there may be conflicts from deleted files from previously installed game files as this is not a new pc.
I will try and create a support case for this, and again I will post any findings here for anyone else who may run into these issues. I'm all about helping others when I can.
Thanks again.

Ubi-Raziel
01-09-2020, 08:19 PM
Thanks again for looking at this. I assume it's something isolated to my pc as I'm not hearing of other people having this issue since the last update.
The two tracks I was having trouble sharing (bad language error) for some reason I was finally able to upload and nothing was changed on them. They can be found on TC under MadMotoMan. First one was not intended to share as it was a learning track (Achy Breaky Test) but as it has more likes than dislike I guess it's ok. The second one is called "BadToTheBone". I haven't finished any others to try yet but have one nearly ready.
Still unable to find my "saved" tracks in TC without sharing them online first.
I've never tried to recorded game video so I'm not sure how to do that, but I do have a few screenshots I can send as well as whatever files are needed.
I want to try a full uninstall and reinstall of Uplay and the game but don't want to lose my progress. I have backed up my track and object files so I think they are ok if I do.
I am suspicious that there may be conflicts from deleted files from previously installed game files as this is not a new pc.
I will try and create a support case for this, and again I will post any findings here for anyone else who may run into these issues. I'm all about helping others when I can.
Thanks again.

Hey! I've been checking on this thread all day :D I didn't want to miss you.

I'm happy to know the bad language error now seems to be resolved. It is certainly strange that this only seemed to be affecting you recently, but that's why we're asking so many questions :)

I believe it's completely normal that your tracks are not available to play in Track Central until they have been published, but I can follow that up for you to be certain. Once your track is saved you will be free to test it in Track Editor, but I don't believe it should be shown in Track Central at all. I will get back to you on this.

Your missing gear crates & acorns issues have been reported to the development team, which I will do my best to keep track of and keep you informed.

Other than items going missing and your saved tracks issue which I will investigate, are there any other issues which I may have missed?

Ubi-Raziel
01-10-2020, 12:33 PM
I am back!

After speaking to my colleagues I can confirm that it is normal that non-published tracks don't appear anywhere in Track Central. They can only be played in Track Editor until made available to the public.

MadMotoMan
01-10-2020, 03:28 PM
Good to know. Thanks for getting back to me on that. I was previously told that once a track was saved it would be available in TC to play, but now I know, only after a track is shared online is it available.
I started to create a support case but got interrupted by a family matter and was unable to get back to it. I may try that again after trying some things first...
...I uninstalled everything Uplay related yesterday, which unfortunately also uninstalled the game. So, I reinstalled and reset everything. Luckily I didn't lose any tracks or objects I had saved and I was able to open collected crates again. I'm not concerned about the 20 or so crates I lost, I'm sure I'll get whatever things were in them eventually.
Can't say yet if I am able to "Share" now or not. I've got a track finished except for one thing at the finish I can't quite figure out yet (posted in Level Editor Help) and once I do I will try Sharing that one and let you know here if things are working correctly or not.
Again, I appreciate people taking their time to help.
Once a track is "Shared" can it be replaced with an updated version, edited or deleted, or is it permanently there like a fossilized turd?

Ubi-Raziel
01-10-2020, 04:04 PM
A case may not be necessary now considering we've been able to discuss all of your issues, and we're slowly but surely finding an answer to each one :)

I look forward to learning whether your next track shares successfully!

Once a track is uploaded to Track Central, it can't be changed or deleted. You may notice players sometimes upload versions 2+ of their tracks, and this is the reason why. This may change in the future though, and we'll make sure to notify players!

Back to your gear crates and Acorns issue... Do you happen to recall if the game asks you which save file to use when you next connect online? It should give you the option, and these are the results of each decision -

- Cloud save - This will change to your older save that you achieved the last time you were online. By selecting this option, you would lose progress and anything achieved offline
- Local save - This will allow you to use your latest save which you achieved offline

I look forward to your response!

MadMotoMan
01-10-2020, 04:35 PM
Interesting. I don't recall seeing those options but will look for them next time. Who knows, I may have messed that up trying to get other things to work correctly.
I will let you know. Might try and take the game online later today. (Different pc than the one I'm on now). Might also try and finish that other track and upload it, even if I have to drop the finish sequence.

Ubi-Raziel
01-10-2020, 05:07 PM
Interesting. I don't recall seeing those options but will look for them next time. Who knows, I may have messed that up trying to get other things to work correctly.
I will let you know. Might try and take the game online later today. (Different pc than the one I'm on now). Might also try and finish that other track and upload it, even if I have to drop the finish sequence.

If you have access to an internet connection, you could quickly try the following -

- Disconnect yourself from the internet
- Complete one race
- Quit the game
- Reconnect yourself to the internet
- Re-launch the game

It 'should' then prompt you which save file you would like to use. Either way, I will wait until we know more! Thanks!

MadMotoMan
01-10-2020, 07:39 PM
Nope.
Tried four times. Lost eight more crates. Played offline, quit, reconnected. Played online, quit, restarted. Rebooted pc. etc...Nothing prompting for a save file.
When I quit I get "Synchronizing with the cloud" message.
Under * Settings * General * I have tried "Enable cloud save synchronization for supported games" both checked and unchecked. Doesn't seem to matter.
I've got to set this aside for now as it's just making me angry and I don't like me when I'm angry. I'll mess with it again later.

MadMotoMan
01-11-2020, 04:53 PM
When I gave up and quit the game yesterday, it crashed on exit and a "send error report" option popped up, so I clicked send and it did. Don't know if it identifies the user or not but hopefully that will help.
Later in the day I finished a map I'd been working on and tried to Share it online. First three times failed (restarting the game between each try) then I played a few races, acquired another crate, clicked open crate and it disappeared. Decided to buy some crates but then noticed that "Open Crate" and "Buy Crates" were both greyed out as unavailable options. Before quitting I decided to try once more to Share my latest track, and it took it this time! Strange, without quitting the game I tried again to but crates but it still would not let me buy or open crates. I'm baffled.
Oh, also I discovered yesterday that when I reinstalled my game the other day, I just assumed it put it back where I had it originally (on my E:Drive) because it didn't ask this time where to install it, but found that it actually installed it on my C:Drive (Where I didn't really want it but will leave it now).
I'm not gonna mess with opening a support case right not. It's not that I don't want to, I'm just burnt out on it right now. I may try again to do that later if I keep having issues but for now I think I'm just gonna have some fun.
I'm kinda wondering now if these issues are related to playing offline mostly while only connecting every couple of days. I know most users probably just stay connected all the time but I don't like to be online when I don't have to be. Maybe it's a glitch with switching from online to offline mode.
Also, even when I check "Always start in offline mode" the game likes to remind me every time it starts that I am not connected. Can that be fixed? It means I have to hit "Any key" two or three times every time I start the game.
Ok, that's all I got for now. I know it's a lot but I figure better more than enough info is better than not enough.
Have a good weekend and again, thanks.

Ubi-Raziel
01-13-2020, 09:30 AM
Hello!

Thank you for being very descriptive, as always :)

I appreciate that these issues are very frustrating, so I completely understand wanting a break from troubleshooting. Focus on enjoying yourself, and we can always come back to this when you are ready.

All information provided by you has been sent to our development team, so we can help make sure that both you and other players don't experience issues such as this.

Food for thought: Not being prompted which save file to use is strange and that definitely seems to be related to the issue. My suggestion would be to disable "Enable cloud save synchronization for supported games" for the time being, so we can remove that as a point of failure.

If cloud saves are not enabled and the issue remains, we know for sure the issue is local to the PC. Save file issues are usually related to anti-virus or Windows permissions, so it's worth keeping that in mind.

Regarding the error that you need to keep closing:I will certainly forward this as a suggestion for you. The game is designed to be played online and so this may not be possible, but I will still forward it!

We're always happy to help and I encourage you to take all the time you need to relax :) it has been a pleasure! We will do the best we can to look into this in the meantime.

MadMotoMan
01-13-2020, 05:53 PM
Thank you again. Each little thing helps hone in on this. "Cloud synchronization" is disabled and I will leave it that way for the time being.
* I know it isn't an anti-virus issue because I temporarily completely removed all anti-virus software before the last reinstallation.
* I will try creating a special permissions rule for the firewall to be sure it's letting it through and see what that does.
* The "not connected" message when the game starts isn't a big deal but if "Always start in offline mode" is checked it seems like it's not necessary.

I know there was an "inappropriate language" error that was resolved with the last update but for some odd reason I still get it most of the time. Are you able to tell me what they found to be the cause of that error? It might help me dial things in better on my end.

Also, Yesterday I earned 20 acorns (good day) and three crates in offline mode. When I went online the crates were there but I watched as I cycled through the menus and as soon as I went to the open crates menu they all disappeared and again the options to open or buy crates were greyed out. The acorns I earned were all still there and stayed the whole time I was online and even when going offline.

Final thought. When I reinstalled the game, as I mentioned previously it installed it to my C-drive rather than the Drive I had it on before. It occured to me that the firewall may still be pointed to the exe file at the old location so I will check that and see if that helps.

Ubi-Raziel
01-14-2020, 01:04 PM
Thank you again. Each little thing helps hone in on this. "Cloud synchronization" is disabled and I will leave it that way for the time being.
* I know it isn't an anti-virus issue because I temporarily completely removed all anti-virus software before the last reinstallation.
* I will try creating a special permissions rule for the firewall to be sure it's letting it through and see what that does.
* The "not connected" message when the game starts isn't a big deal but if "Always start in offline mode" is checked it seems like it's not necessary.

I know there was an "inappropriate language" error that was resolved with the last update but for some odd reason I still get it most of the time. Are you able to tell me what they found to be the cause of that error? It might help me dial things in better on my end.

Also, Yesterday I earned 20 acorns (good day) and three crates in offline mode. When I went online the crates were there but I watched as I cycled through the menus and as soon as I went to the open crates menu they all disappeared and again the options to open or buy crates were greyed out. The acorns I earned were all still there and stayed the whole time I was online and even when going offline.

Final thought. When I reinstalled the game, as I mentioned previously it installed it to my C-drive rather than the Drive I had it on before. It occured to me that the firewall may still be pointed to the exe file at the old location so I will check that and see if that helps.

Yes absolutely, we will get there.

I will look into your point regarding the connectivity error message :)

There is no easy way for me to describe how the dev team resolved the Inappropriate language issue. There was something missing from the game's coding which they just needed to add; a small misconfiguration.

I'm happy to read that your Acorns decided to stay. Can you please confirm if this behaviour with your crates happened while cloud synchronisation was disabled?

Good point regarding your firewall! Let's give this a bit more time after you've made some changes, then see how it goes.

MadMotoMan
01-14-2020, 03:42 PM
Yes, crates still disappear with cloud synchronisation disabled. Ever since reinstalling Uplay and Trials Rising Plus I lose every crate I collect. Guessing around 30+ now. Other achievements stay in place though... Coins acquired, stickers, bike and rider gear, customizations, contracts finished, game time played, percentage completed etc... Just the crates seem to be the issue now.
Ok, Firewall / Permissions - I checked and cleaned up some rules. I don't really know much about these features but I figured if it makes things worse I can always system restore or reinstall. Here is what I found and changed...

Inbound Rules:
Easy Anticheat Launcher: Had 4 copies, Deleted 2 that were greyed out +1 that was set to UDP & kept 1 set to TCP.
Trials Rising: Connections: Allow All (no changes made)
Trials Rising Plus: Connections: Allow All (no changes made)
Uplay: Had 4 copies, Deleted 2 greyed out. Deleted 1 set to UDP & kept 1 set to TCP & changed profile from [private,public] to Allow All

Outbound Rules:
None listed so I created,
Uplay: Allow All, linked to ...program files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Uplay.exe
Trials Rising: Allow All, linked to ...program files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Games\Trials Rising\datapack\trialsrising.exe
Trials Rising Plus: Allow All, linked to ...program files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Games\Trials Rising\datapack\bin_plus\trialsrising.exe

After making these changes I rebooted the pc, and relaunched Uplay and Trials Rising. Made no difference that I could see. Tried online and offline several times.
It's often a single zero that should be a one that Butterfly Effects the whole thing into Chaos. Can't wait to find to find that switch. ;)

Ubi-Raziel
01-15-2020, 01:35 PM
Yes, crates still disappear with cloud synchronisation disabled. Ever since reinstalling Uplay and Trials Rising Plus I lose every crate I collect. Guessing around 30+ now. Other achievements stay in place though... Coins acquired, stickers, bike and rider gear, customizations, contracts finished, game time played, percentage completed etc... Just the crates seem to be the issue now.
Ok, Firewall / Permissions - I checked and cleaned up some rules. I don't really know much about these features but I figured if it makes things worse I can always system restore or reinstall. Here is what I found and changed...

Inbound Rules:
Easy Anticheat Launcher: Had 4 copies, Deleted 2 that were greyed out +1 that was set to UDP & kept 1 set to TCP.
Trials Rising: Connections: Allow All (no changes made)
Trials Rising Plus: Connections: Allow All (no changes made)
Uplay: Had 4 copies, Deleted 2 greyed out. Deleted 1 set to UDP & kept 1 set to TCP & changed profile from [private,public] to Allow All

Outbound Rules:
None listed so I created,
Uplay: Allow All, linked to ...program files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Uplay.exe
Trials Rising: Allow All, linked to ...program files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Games\Trials Rising\datapack\trialsrising.exe
Trials Rising Plus: Allow All, linked to ...program files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Games\Trials Rising\datapack\bin_plus\trialsrising.exe

After making these changes I rebooted the pc, and relaunched Uplay and Trials Rising. Made no difference that I could see. Tried online and offline several times.
It's often a single zero that should be a one that Butterfly Effects the whole thing into Chaos. Can't wait to find to find that switch. ;)

Oh I see, so it appears we are making progress! I will take that willingly :p

Once again thank you very much for the high level of detail. Please leave this with me a bit longer while I investigate this for you!

MadMotoMan
01-15-2020, 04:55 PM
Changed Inbound Rule for Easy Anticheat Launcher from TCP to Allow All.
Changed Inbound Rule for Uplay from TCP to Allow All.
No result.
I still don't know about uploading tracks either because I don't have another one ready.

MadMotoMan
01-16-2020, 04:57 PM
Tried launching the game directly from the .exe files and when I tried this with the "Plus" version (in bin_plus folder) I got a missing bink2w64.dll error. Found the file in the main game folder and copied it to the bin_plus folder and the game launched fine from that exe file. Unfortunately that had no affect on the game issue either.

Ubi-Raziel
01-17-2020, 10:09 AM
Thanks for keeping me up to date!

I'm currently waiting for some detailed information regarding Trials Rising saved data, and how it continues to work offline. This will help me troubleshoot your issue better.

I appreciate you adding to this thread with any developments. I will return the moment I have the information I need!

MadMotoMan
01-17-2020, 04:42 PM
No worries. I've kinda stopped trying things (only because I've ran out of ideas to try). Might try another full removal / reinstallation at some point but for now the game works with the exception of losing crates (online only) and not sure about track sharing. I'll let you know when I try to share another one.
:)

MadMotoMan
01-20-2020, 06:33 PM
Hey, Ok I finished and shared another track yesterday and this time (for the first time) it took the upload first try with no errors. Bummer is, I have no idea what the issue was in the past because I tried and changed so many things since sharing my last track. I guess you could look back through here and find the various things... some changes I know of were, Changed installation drive to C, removed duplicate firewall exceptions and created new firewall exceptions, disabled Cloud synchronization.
I still lose all crates as soon as I go to the open crates menu (no matter if I earn them online or off) and still have grayed out the option to even buy more with coins. (35+ so far)
But, crates are not my main concern, my main goals here were to be able to share my tracks online but also to help find the roots of these issues not just for me but also for any others that might experience similar issues and not bother to report them.
Good luck. I'd love to see this game overcome the minor bugs and continue to build a strong future and player base.

Ubi-Raziel
01-22-2020, 09:40 AM
Hello again!

Apologies for the delay, I have been in discussion with the TR team to get this resolved for you :)

Starting with the good news! We were able to determine that you are missing the following Gear Crates -

- 24 Regular Crates
- 27 Christmas Crates

These have already been added for you, so you should be able to see them in-game.

The team were able to determine there definitely seems to be an issue with only being able to earn so many gear crates while offline. They are now investigating the cause, so we can implement a fix and prevent it from happening in the future. Please note however that until this fix is implemented, this behaviour will likely continue to happen. Our only guaranteed workaround is to simply play the game while connected online.

Not to worry about the publishing track issue! My guess is perhaps there was something stored in your cache (temporary files) from before the update and that has now filtered out. Hopefully this is now resolved for everyone but we can always re-open the investigation if we receive more reports.

Enjoy your day :) we'll continue to do everything we can for the players!

MadMotoMan
01-22-2020, 05:10 PM
I thought I'd lost about 35 or so crates so needless to say, yesterday when I connected online and had 51 crates, I nearly crapped myself!
Thank you for staying on this, and give the team hi-fives from me as well and tell them thank you for digging into this and finding the issues. I know it's part of their job but I still think good work deserves recognition.
Not being a constant online player discovers uncommon bugs like these so maybe in a way it's a good thing. There must be at least a few other players who have had issues but never bothered to report them.
Anyway, thanks again to all and best wishes moving forward! Ride On!:)

Ubi-Raziel
01-24-2020, 11:25 AM
I thought I'd lost about 35 or so crates so needless to say, yesterday when I connected online and had 51 crates, I nearly crapped myself!
Thank you for staying on this, and give the team hi-fives from me as well and tell them thank you for digging into this and finding the issues. I know it's part of their job but I still think good work deserves recognition.
Not being a constant online player discovers uncommon bugs like these so maybe in a way it's a good thing. There must be at least a few other players who have had issues but never bothered to report them.
Anyway, thanks again to all and best wishes moving forward! Ride On!:)

It's always great to receive a nice surprise :)

Thank you very much for your kind words! I've sent your lovely message to the Trials Rising team and we'll continue to improve the game as much as possible! <3

MadMotoMan
02-14-2020, 03:42 PM
Bad news. It seems this problem is not solved...
I spent 4 hours yesterday trying to upload (share) a track and kept getting the "inappropriate language detected" error over and over and over again.
Tried starting the game from the game icon shortcut. Tried from the launcher. Tried playing a few tracks first...Rebooted pc... everything I could think of.
Then I noticed in the Uplay launcher, under games, there are three groups: "Installed" - "My Games" & "Free Games".
I had been launching TR from "My Games" and decided for the heck of it to try launching from "Installed".
This time it let me upload the track. Don't know if this is somehow related to the issue or not but thought I'd share this with you.
Also, I still can't buy crates but can open ones I've earned. I think this was a planned fix for an upcoming update though so no worries there.
:)

UbiDork
02-15-2020, 12:48 AM
MadMotoMan: Thanks for updating us about this issue at this time! I have reached out to our game development team to see what can be done about this issue! :) Once I have an update for you, I'll post here!