PDA

View Full Version : Still buying ACR (and pre-ordering for collector's edition), but...

obliviondoll
06-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Yes, there's a rather large "but" at the end of that.

Ubisoft WILL be hearing from me regarding my (many) other complaints and issues.

And I WILL be expecting Support to pull their weight and FIX THINGS WHEN THEY'RE BROKEN.

And if the game doesn't work, I'll be heading up the boycott brigade, and I'll make a point of demanding a FULL refund on the grounds that the game is broken. That means it goes back to Ubisoft, and they don't get the money for it being sold. And if they break it post-release like they have with Brotherhood, I WILL be looking into options regarding legal ramifications if the usual support/complaint processes can't resolve the problem.

Ripe Claw
06-08-2011, 12:07 AM
I'm with you. Lets hope they get it right this time.

Crumplecorn
06-08-2011, 12:09 AM
>implying they aren't within their rights to just turn off multiplayer a month after releasing the game if they want to

obliviondoll
06-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Crumplecorn:
>implying they aren't within their rights to just turn off multiplayer a month after releasing the game if they want to
Exactly what I'll be looking into.

By the laws here, they can't turn off an advertised feature of a product within a certain time period. If they do, then I'm entitled to a full refund. And the store I return it to will get a full refund from Ubisoft for supplying a product they later turned defective.

EDIT: What I'll be looking into if there's a problem is how badly broken the game needs to be before it's covered...

Kaiyoto
06-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Yes, there's a rather large "but" at the end of that.

Ubisoft WILL be hearing from me regarding my (many) other complaints and issues.

And I WILL be expecting Support to pull their weight and FIX THINGS WHEN THEY'RE BROKEN.

And if the game doesn't work, I'll be heading up the boycott brigade, and I'll make a point of demanding a FULL refund on the grounds that the game is broken. That means it goes back to Ubisoft, and they don't get the money for it being sold. And if they break it post-release like they have with Brotherhood, I WILL be looking into options regarding legal ramifications if the usual support/complaint processes can't resolve the problem.
Wow! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif I'll support you if it really is that bad.

MrKnox122
06-08-2011, 01:56 AM
I WANT MY DOCTOR

EscoBlades
06-08-2011, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by MrKnox122:
I WANT MY DOCTOR
That's your contribution to this thread? Wow.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

On topic....Oblivion, i value you as one of the more level headed on these forums, so i'll give you this advice as a friend as well as a community member.

READ carefully the legal ramblings on the back of your Brotherhood game, (and any other games you own) and you'll see that developers and publishers cover every inch of their backsides when it comes to issues like this. It would have to be a very extreme circumstance where either would admit that they completely failed in EVERY aspect promised on the back of the product sold to you.

Don't get me wrong...i'm all for this sort of thing. However, temper your expectations. I can't think of many (if any) class action lawsuits that have been successful on the part of a consumer going up against a dev or publisher. Ultimately, unless Ubisoft blatently LIE TO CONSUMERS, a court will rule in the favour of the company having provided the services promised and stated in the contract that you enter when you hand over money to buy the game.

Hope that wasn't utterly confusing.

EscoBlades
06-08-2011, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Dave0718:
ubi is gonna screw us again
Why? How do you know? can you see the future? Have you played the game? No? Then stop overreacting.

Markie577
06-08-2011, 03:27 AM
Have I missed anything? Was there something broken in brotherhood?

Rainie
06-08-2011, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by Markie577:
Have I missed anything? Was there something broken in brotherhood?
apparently? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

PlasticAssasin8
06-08-2011, 04:40 AM
Isnt it a single player game first , then the bonus of a multiplayer?

Ripe Claw
06-08-2011, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by PlasticAsasin8:

Not to people that think the single player sucks and bought it for multiplayer only?

EscoBlades
06-08-2011, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Ripe.Claw:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PlasticAsasin8:

Not to people that think the single player sucks and bought it for multiplayer only? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They must be few and far between. The series started out as a Single Player only title.

The sense of entitlement amongst gamers these days is astonishing.

cptn_k
06-08-2011, 05:10 AM
Smallprint > everything

Esco hit the nail on the head.

Unfortunately we the (little) customer usually have little option for real action against the (big) corporate companies with their legal departments, other than not buying the product in the first place, which is cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Wish you luck if you feel you have to take action though, but hope it doesn't have to come to that.

lynx_1985
06-08-2011, 05:24 AM
I have seen this discussed before about black-ops when it first came out. I am on PS3 and when they released it the multiplayer of the game was broken for both PS3 and PC users. Millions of people complained but the game is advertised as single player for the most part. As this was COD people are bound to complain and try and take them to court with false advertising etc because as we all know COD is renowned for its multiplayer, however, COD has been around for years so that is why people associate MP with it. Even COD has small print on the back of their game box covering their backs when it comes to multiplayer, saying the usually gameplay may vary online etc.

Looking at assassins creed as a series, it is heavily based on SP. I did not buy Brotherhood for the multiplayer, I bought it for the same reasons I have bought the others, SP. I only began to play the MP as I had nothing else to play and to me it was an extreme surprise how good it was. Yes it has its flaws but MP was an extremely good bonus to me when I bought Brotherhood. With Revelations I hope they fix these flaws, especially smoke bombs, and improve it even further. I have to say I am not liking the mines or the way the LOS bar works your scores out (if incog is 10 secs jesus!) but I haven't played it yet. Hopefully they will release a beta and people will raise theri concerns, ubisoft listens, and then implements the changes.

obliviondoll
06-09-2011, 01:47 AM
Esco, thanks for the caution, but you're missing an important point...

I've been reading New Zealand consumer law, and that doesn't give their disclaimers nearly as much free reign as other countries. It helps balance out the ridiculous prices we have to pay ($170 for ACB Codex edition).

EDIT: They've put "online experience may vary" on the box, which covers them against people who don't have good enough online functionality, but when my internet works properly, and is more than stable enough to play the game, and it's provably the game at fault and not my connection, then I have grounds to complain legally.

Rainie
06-09-2011, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
EDIT: They've put "online experience may vary" on the box, which covers them against people who don't have good enough online functionality, but when my internet works properly, and is more than stable enough to play the game, and it's provably the game at fault and not my connection, then I have grounds to complain legally.
but if the game were at fault wouldnt that mean everyone has the same problems? and im not just talking about people that are vocal about it on the forums, but every single person that has the game and played the mp? I know a lot of people that rarely have any issues (myself included) and when something does happen its usually when running into someone with a bad connection.

asix79
06-09-2011, 02:52 AM
At the end of the day, as consumers, most of our power lies in the decision whether to buy a product in the first place. If any of you have concerns about AC:R, resist the lure of what is essentially DLC, and at least wait to make a decision after seeing gameplay videos of the finished product. After playing religiously for five months now, I want AC:R to truly succeed as much as all of you want it to succeed. But I need to see that Ubisoft is sincere about addressing AC:B's issues before giving the company more of my -- or, by extension, my parents' -- money.

MrKnox122
06-09-2011, 06:25 AM
To be Frank I am still going get AC:R just because I love the game series I am not going stop. So far the Multilayer I like so far because I love how hard/Easy to get points in AC:R I love being a stealth player in this game. What make the game harder to play make it the game better. Like landmine i was wondering about how people will spam it but to be honest I need to learn how to counter it with my free running skills.

lynx_1985
06-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by kriticalraine:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
but if the game were at fault wouldnt that mean everyone has the same problems? and im not just talking about people that are vocal about it on the forums, but every single person that has the game and played the mp? I know a lot of people that rarely have any issues (myself included) and when something does happen its usually when running into someone with a bad connection. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with this, maybe its because you are in NZ?? I have no idea, but I too experience lag on the rare occassion (have to admit more so in ACB than any other game but not to the extent you are experiencing oblivion) aand it is usually only one person, you know the people who float towards you. I usually leave after the game has finished. This is true in any MP game I have played online, you are bound to come across people with bad connections or who are playing whilst they are downloading stuff.

One of the many things that annoyed me was the match making...realy hope they improve on this!

najzere
06-11-2011, 01:32 AM
Haha, oh wow. I read a few of the follow-up posts and realized this isn't a joke thread.

Short of Ubisoft purposely putting nothing on their game disc, willfully installing a virus to brick your console or selling your personal information to spamlists, I don't see how you could possibly have a case against them. Disliking their game will give you ZERO standing in court. :P