Rebooted 3 times
Turned off 5 times
Uninstalled and downloaded 2 times
Deleted temp file
Deleted save game from console
Console online, restarted router, restarted modem and router
Console offline
Turned the tv off and on 3 times
Turned the whole house breaker off, waited 30 sec then turned back on (seriously)

Every time I click on the game, I see the splash screen, then a black screen and then back to the dashboard (tried at least 50 times)

Every other games I start works. Tried a dozen of them...

Any help?? Please??

D2Dahaka
09-11-2019, 11:13 AM
Rebooted 3 times
Turned off 5 times
Uninstalled and downloaded 2 times
Deleted temp file
Deleted save game from console
Console online, restarted router, restarted modem and router
Console offline
Turned the tv off and on 3 times
Turned the whole house breaker off, waited 30 sec then turned back on (seriously)

Every time I click on the game, I see the splash screen, then a black screen and then back to the dashboard (tried at least 50 times)

Every other games I start works. Tried a dozen of them...

Any help?? Please??

I have exactly the same problem. The update prior to this dlc broke my game. Deleting and reinstalling the game and deleting save data does not help. Xbox One X Scorpio Edition.

Red_Viper_99
09-11-2019, 11:40 AM
At least I’m not alone! Tried again last night, reinstalling, rebooting, standing on my head... Still no luck. Scorpio Edition here too....

Ubi-Gumdrops
09-11-2019, 01:56 PM
Hey thanks for the reports. I've forwarded this up to the dev teams for further investigation.

Let us know if the situation changes in the meantime.

D2Dahaka
09-11-2019, 09:18 PM
Will do. I know of at least on other person with the same issue on Xbox One X.

YeahimAwesome
09-11-2019, 09:36 PM
Same issue here, have tried everything. Reinstalling, moving game to different hard drives, resetting Xbox, deleting just the Crash & Sunburn DLC, clearing local save data. Nothing works. Playing on a Xbox One X, tried internal storage, 8TB external HD, and a Samsung SSD none of which work.
Here's a video showing me trying to launch the game.

https://youtu.be/9BbyQFsY35o

RAINKINGX1
09-12-2019, 06:25 AM
I also have the exact same issue. I also use an Xbox one X Scorpio edition. I have done what is listed above and also tried to launch the game atleast 100 times over 3 hours. It just keeps going back to the dashboard. It is very frustrating. We need a fix urgently.

D2Dahaka
09-12-2019, 10:44 AM
Glad I’m not the only one. Tried all of the above. Even deleted all of my local save data. Hard reseting, installing on internal/external drives etc

D2Dahaka
09-14-2019, 09:52 AM
Some kind of formal acknowledgement that this is an issue and it’s being worked on would be nice. This update effectively broke my game and I’m considering a refund if this isn’t something that’s going to be fixed anytime soon. Thanks.

gerble72
09-14-2019, 03:36 PM
I also encountered the same problem that seemed to be ok for one day after I uninstalled the dlc plus main game. But unfortunately I tried to play it yesterday but the launch problem came back. I have since put up a video on twitter for ubi support and trials games to see. Hopefully it gets a fix soon as I want to continue playing the dlc on my Xbox

YeahimAwesome
09-14-2019, 07:33 PM
Still completely unlaunchablle here for four days now. I'm guessing only a very few of us are having this problem since Ubisoft obviously doesn't care what-so-ever.

BatmanisDrunk
09-16-2019, 05:30 PM
Count me in, cant launch the game. xbox one x.

Hadn't played in a while, waiting for the stuttering issues to get fixed.

But cant have stuttering issues if I cant play the game, so touche... very clever redlynx.

WhitePony70
09-16-2019, 07:41 PM
Same issue here since days using an Xbox One X. :mad:

YeahimAwesome
09-17-2019, 11:03 PM
One week now of a broken game, care to make a comment UbiLynx?

gerble72
09-19-2019, 01:23 PM
Hi guys here is what I have found so far the problem seems to be in the patch I have tried everything to get it to work the resets the uninstalls etc & nothing works
Today I disconnect from the internet uninstalled the game plus dlc then put my disc in.The game installed with no update/patch cause of no internet & it worked fine. I then connected again it did the patch & the game was back to not working. So the problem is definitely patch related. Letís hope we get a fix soon.

D2Dahaka
09-21-2019, 01:00 AM
It is the update. My problems started with the update just before the dlc was live.

WhitePony70
09-21-2019, 09:55 AM
I have to say I'm quite disappointed by the lack of communication from the developer!
What bigger showstopper can there be than the fact of not being able to start up the game at all...

thatantguy
09-21-2019, 02:28 PM
Same issue on my xbox one x, tried deleting & reinstalling, clearing cache and resetting etc and it still crashes back to the dashboard after a couple of seconds on the launch splash screen. It doesnt even come up with an xbox 'took too long to launch' or error code page, it just drops to the xbox home screen without loading.

thatantguy
09-21-2019, 07:49 PM
There is a work around to get the game to launch on xbox one x:

The game MUST be installed to the internal hdd.

There MUST NOT be any external storage attached to the console, unplug all usb devices to be safe. *This step may not be necessary

The console MUST be freshly booted from fully off (as in energy saving/ unplugged from power).

And finally Trials MUST be the first thing you launch on the freshly rebooted console.

At least that works for me, this has to be done every single time you lanch the game so its not a fix, but at least it can be launched. I hope this helps!

*Edit: The step about having all usb storage unplugged may not be necessary as Trials now seems to start for me with usb drives attached so long as the game loads from the internal drive and is on a freshly restarted xbox.

YeahimAwesome
09-22-2019, 07:58 AM
Good job finding a workaround since we're apparently going to be unable to play until the next DLC update comes out in a few months.

D2Dahaka
09-25-2019, 09:02 PM
I am going to request a refund through Microsoft on the grounds this update broke the game and the developers aren’t being helpful. I’ll consider re-buying if there’s a fix and a formal announcement regarding the issue. The worst aspect of this is the silence from the developers. Very disappointing.

YeahimAwesome
09-26-2019, 04:13 PM
Guys, I bring great news to put your minds at ease. I made a post @UbisoftSupport regarding this issue and got a totally not template copy/paste corporate response!
"Hey thanks for the report and I'm sorry to hear you're running in to this issue. Our dev teams are aware and hope to have more information as soon as possible."
I know I feel better!

D2Dahaka
09-29-2019, 12:16 PM
Great to see there’s still no formal acknowledgement of this issue.

gerble72
10-04-2019, 02:56 PM
Hi guys I have had a response from my tweets on Twitter this is the suggested thing to do

“He! We are hoping to implement a fix soon, here is our workaround:

Select Trials Rising, press the Menu button
Select Manage Game and add-ons
Go to Save Data
Clear the Reserved space for Trials Rising and the local save for your Xbox user
Launch the game to download your save.”

I haven’t tried it yet as I’m scared to lose all my progress. As you can see if you can hold off they are trying for a fix soon but if you can’t wait then try the workaround

Ubi-MrDrPink
10-04-2019, 05:46 PM
Hi guys I have had a response from my tweets on Twitter this is the suggested thing to do

“He! We are hoping to implement a fix soon, here is our workaround:

Select Trials Rising, press the Menu button
Select Manage Game and add-ons
Go to Save Data
Clear the Reserved space for Trials Rising and the local save for your Xbox user
Launch the game to download your save.”

I haven’t tried it yet as I’m scared to lose all my progress. As you can see if you can hold off they are trying for a fix soon but if you can’t wait then try the workaround

We haven't been able to validate this workaround, please be warned that doing this may result in the loss of your local save data. If you do want to try this workaround out, please make sure to back-up your local save data to either the cloud or on a USB drive first.

D2Dahaka
10-05-2019, 12:00 AM
@Gerbs I tried this even before it was a suggestion, it did nothing to fix my issues. I didn’t mind taking the risk as losing all my save data is better than having a game that doesn’t work.

I appreciate that there’s acknowledgement of the issue and a fix in the works. I’ll hold off on the refund request for a while.

YeahimAwesome
10-05-2019, 03:23 AM
Tried this also on day one of the DLC update, didn't work for me either.

YeahimAwesome
10-09-2019, 08:34 AM
It finally let me play, I don't remember seeing a update for Trials Rising.
However, there is a console update for Xbox One, and after it was done updating it let me successfully play.

gerble72
10-09-2019, 06:49 PM
Same here i did the console update tried trials rising on the Xbox 1 x after update was finished and boom 💥 its back working 😊

See you on the leaderboards

D2Dahaka
10-09-2019, 09:58 PM
Glad to hear you guys can play. It’s still the same for me. Maybe the update hasn’t rolled out to my region yet. I’ll have a look when I get home from work today.

YeahimAwesome
10-09-2019, 11:55 PM
You can manually check for the console update in the Xbox settings instead of waiting for it to roll out

D2Dahaka
10-10-2019, 09:24 AM
You can manually check for the console update in the Xbox settings instead of waiting for it to roll out

I tried that. It may just not have rolled out in my region yet. Appreciate the thought though. Just got home, going to try again now *crosses fingers*

EDIT: Applied the update, can finally play Trials on X1X again! :)

YeahimAwesome
10-11-2019, 10:01 AM
Nice, the crisis is over.. Thanks to Microsoft, Not Ubisoft.

Ubi-Raziel
11-21-2019, 01:54 PM
Hello everyone, apologies for not coming back to you sooner.

As the above players stated, this issue is now resolved.