PDA

View Full Version : Question for Hunter82 (ATI related)

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 04:08 PM
Up until last night Hunter I thought your suggested ATI settings were all about trying to play the game under "Perfect" mode. While this is probably true, and it does work bug-free for me (thanks), I realized when using these settings under "Excellent" mode there is a definite improvement to the graphics.

For example, the planes are very smooth (i.e., no jaggies along the edge of their bodies), pilot faces are very clear, search lights are more detailed, and so forth. Even the water, while not as good looking as under "Perfect", does appear more rippled.

Were these settings for ATI (patch 1.11) always meant to improve the graphics under any mode? If so, what is the key change(s) in your settings causing these improvements?

Now I am really enjoying great graphics and gameplay (framerate) on "Excellent" with your settings, with the ability of changing to "Perfect" quickly within the game if I choose to want to enjoy all that "eye-candy".

Sorry for such a newbie question. I have never adjusted my ATI settings for a game before (or my monitor resolution for that matter).

Finally, do you anticipate further setting changes for the upcoming free patch release?

Best regards,
TacticalSkirmish

Message Edited on 11/10/03 11:21AM by TacticalSkirmsh

Message Edited on 11/10/0311:21AM by TacticalSkirmsh

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 04:08 PM
Up until last night Hunter I thought your suggested ATI settings were all about trying to play the game under "Perfect" mode. While this is probably true, and it does work bug-free for me (thanks), I realized when using these settings under "Excellent" mode there is a definite improvement to the graphics.

For example, the planes are very smooth (i.e., no jaggies along the edge of their bodies), pilot faces are very clear, search lights are more detailed, and so forth. Even the water, while not as good looking as under "Perfect", does appear more rippled.

Were these settings for ATI (patch 1.11) always meant to improve the graphics under any mode? If so, what is the key change(s) in your settings causing these improvements?

Now I am really enjoying great graphics and gameplay (framerate) on "Excellent" with your settings, with the ability of changing to "Perfect" quickly within the game if I choose to want to enjoy all that "eye-candy".

Sorry for such a newbie question. I have never adjusted my ATI settings for a game before (or my monitor resolution for that matter).

Finally, do you anticipate further setting changes for the upcoming free patch release?

Best regards,
TacticalSkirmish

Message Edited on 11/10/03 11:21AM by TacticalSkirmsh

Message Edited on 11/10/0311:21AM by TacticalSkirmsh

Hunter82
11-10-2003, 04:09 PM
yep.....that enter button is sticky /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

=======================================
Ubisoft IL2/Lock On Moderator
ATI Catalyst Driver Beta Tester
Hunter82 wrote:"I did not have technical relations with that question"
Mudmovers (http://www.mudmovers.com/) </center>
Catalyst Bug Reporting (http://apps.ati.com/driverfeedback/) </center>

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 05:58 PM
Funny man /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif My comment/question is now here, please take a second look.

Regards

Hunter82
11-10-2003, 09:21 PM
Hehe.

With the introduction of some issues with the 3.8 and 3.9's the old standard of the 9500/9700 settings is best so far for them..overall. Any testing or changes with drivers and the sim are with those in mind. Once OGL performance in the new Cats gets there I will tweak it out a bit.

The 3.7 drivers are IMO the best ATI set for the majority of users. A few changes I had made were just dbl duty items like polygon stipple and dither..these are both used for items not handled with the stnecil buffer....clip hint... basically hints at instructions to increase performance.. alot is trial and error on and offline. The settings I have are for both unless I specify for perfect mode only. Most people do not play online/offline with perfect (I do) so I try getting items in excellent first then move on to higher settings.

TacticalSkirmsh wrote:
- Funny man /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif My comment/question is now
- here, please take a second look.
-
- Regards
-
-

Ubisoft IL2/Lock On Moderator
ATI Catalyst Driver Beta Tester
Hunter82 wrote:"I did not have technical relations with that question"
Mudmovers (http://www.mudmovers.com/) </center>