PDA

View Full Version : 5 ruins appear on the map but cannot conquer them on the game.

katukinabarra
09-10-2019, 02:10 AM
I am in the same situation, 5 ruins missing in Sonatus. One near the Gongobles, another one to east of Arkiva Anchor spire and three more surrounding the Abandoned Spaceport.

There is nothing I can interact with.( I started playing before the first day one download was totally installed ) I would have paid for the 32GB cartridge if possible...

Fix it please!!!

Auld_Jack
09-10-2019, 02:58 PM
I started playing before the first day one download was totally installed

Not sure how that's possible to do, but it suggests something to try.

You might want to archive the Starlink game (Switch home screen > System Settings > Data Management > Quick Archive) then reinstall it. The redownload will take quite some time (over an hour for me on fast Wi-Fi) but you won't lose any of your progress/data. All you lose is the time waiting for the redownload to complete. I've done this twice. The first time fixed a bug I was experiencing, the second time didn't. I've got the game on an SD card, so that might be why I had an issue that redownloading fixed (the first time).

Ubi-Ginge
09-11-2019, 05:20 AM
Hey katukinabarra!
As suggested by Auld_Jack, can you let us know if you still experience the same issue after reinstalling the game.

katukinabarra
09-11-2019, 06:17 PM
Well, I did what you told me to do and it fixed some of the issues, but other issues remain.

I haven't found where to interact in Catalog Prison in Vylus. I haven't played since March but I would say I already did something there while playing the main campaign (I have base game completed, not Crimsom Moon).

The worst case is in Sonatus, there are 5 ruins which appear on the map (with no name at all! This is very strange). In fact, I would say at least some of them have been displaced some meters in space. Imagine you are where the map tells you the ruin is, but in fact, the ruin is about 100 or 200 meters away.

I have already invested more than 100 hours in this game. I would say, if not all of them, I have already had conquered some of these ruins, it is very possible this has happened after an update.

I woukd thank you if you reminded me the procedure I have to follow in order to upload pictures or videos of my situation.

Thank you for your answers.

Auld_Jack
09-12-2019, 01:44 PM
in Sonatus, there are 5 ruins which appear on the map (with no name at all! This is very strange).
Hmm. There do exist a few unnamed ruins, but the ones I've seen have basically been on Kirite. One of those is used in the St. Grand's Secrets campaign (located between Leto City and Herbet Ruins). Others can be "activated" by requesting a mission from the Equinox. I don't think I've seen five in total.

Oh, and these don't appear on the starmap, either. If yours are on the starmap with no names, that's different.

Still, the mispositioning is odd.

If you can give me a general idea of where they're located on the planet (yeah, that can be hard to describe), I'll take a look and see what I've got around there. Or if you prefer, you can start a new game (you can have three going at once) and check it out yourself.

Added: I've located one unnamed (and unmapped) ruin on Sonatus, about 14 clicks out of Rock Hymn in the general direction of the Spaceport. It was assigned as a mission by the Equinox. It's a small town with an Electrum Rush Cache, but no hostiles so it can't become part of the Alliance. It's not counted among the "ruins" on the starmap screen.

Another is located about 36 clicks from the Hervian Transformer in the general direction of Choral Array, right on the border between globes and giant ice crystals.

katukinabarra
09-14-2019, 02:19 AM
I have 5 in Sonatus, I know 5 are too many, there may have been a bug/glitch or I may have been stupid enough not to find them, but I already have invested enough time so I want to ask for help.

Sonatus:

1-Near the Gongobles

I can see the ruins but I can't find anything to interact with, no decoding/hacking, no conquer after killing enemies, raiding the vault door does nothing

https://imgur.com/bHTEmqk

Picture of the map

https://imgur.com/6ghQVVb

Then I have the 3 ruins that surround the special place marked with a pyramid

2- The first case is one of them, I would say it is not perfectly located, I may be correct or not, you tell me, I'm in the same situation, I can't conquer it.

https://imgur.com/FcDVbLd

Picture of the map

https://imgur.com/a/0GJz2S5

At this point I have started spamming the screenshot button, I'm feel so lost I can't say which photo is from which ruin, but I will put all of them in order in order to have some sense.

another pic

https://imgur.com/a/A8gHNrW

another pic

https://imgur.com/a/bORhOL8

another pic

https://imgur.com/a/y543L4M

3- I think here I have jumped to another ruin, which is, again mislocated in my opinion.

https://imgur.com/a/MyywHkN

another one

https://imgur.com/a/PdC26mC

now a map picture

https://imgur.com/a/6rzE5TT

I can't remeber if this is the last ruin of these three or I was continuing with the second of these three...

https://imgur.com/a/YBTlKZG

another pic

https://imgur.com/a/6Z1biyH

here comes another map picture

https://imgur.com/a/xhp3wxm

Here I am continuing with these 3 ruins (the 2-4 ruins I need to conquer, without taking into account the Gonglobes one)

https://imgur.com/a/uZZIxoy

map picture

https://imgur.com/a/tGygjc9

I don't know if this is one of those 3 or a picture of the last ruin i am missing in Sonatus

https://imgur.com/a/ZLCBfl8

Last ruin I am missing in Sonatus (I am sure in this case)

https://imgur.com/a/3AgGMOW

Map of the `place (near Terminus)

https://imgur.com/a/7DjUx2o

ANd I am experiencing problems to upload the las 3 pictures, which are of the ruin The Catalog Prison in Vylus. I will post the when Imgur lets me do it.

Thank you in advance and sorry for the poor quality, I may have to consider making a video, but I haven't recorded anyone yet, ever (nintendo switch)

Auld_Jack
09-14-2019, 03:27 PM
Hmmm. The "Completed" legend on my map for Sonatus shows only 14 possible ruins, not 19.

The first map location you showed is the one I listed as 14 clicks out of Rock Hymn, and the last is the one I listed as 36 clicks from the Hervian Transformer.

The three around the spaceport seem to have been kind-of combined into the spaceport in the current version. They aren't offered as Equinox missions. Have you found any Electrum Rush Caches in those three?

Offhand, it looks to me like the basic problem is that your completion counter is showing those five as being completable, which (as you've found out) they're not. There are only 14 completable ruins on Sonatus. A secondary (and probably related) problem is that they're appearing on your starmap.

katukinabarra
09-15-2019, 08:25 AM
Thank you very much for your help. Let's hope somebody in Ubisoft can disable these 5 ruins so I can have Sonatus at its 100%.

Anyway, it has happened very difficult to make them appear as a aleatory spawning mission. It seems so much probable to be asked to liberate an outpost, another ruin (not the ones I want, but a ruin I already have "orangED" in my map), a dreagnought or whatever.

Even with that achieved, I would still have the Catalog Prison problem in Vylus. Anyway, this last case has happened to a lot of people so I hope this gets fixed in the next patch.

And thank you again if you are a normal user instead of an Ubi employee (they usually have "Ubi-" before their nickname).

Auld_Jack
09-15-2019, 01:57 PM
I definitely don't work for Ubi-Soft. Just a ridiculously dedicated player. I've got maybe 1500 hours of playing Starlink so far, having started a couple hundred different games. I like trying different pilots, ships, weapons, and strategies. I'm almost done with my current game, where "done" means getting to the point of building the Starlink towers. I don't really enjoy Act V (boss battle) and Act VI (Keep Atlas Safe), so I've only done those a couple of times.

In my current game, I'm trying to maximize XP and weapon mastery (hence all-pilot levels), while using Expedition pilots -- Kharl and Fern -- to explore each planet first. The Expedition pilot concentrates on mapping, bringing observatories and workships into the alliance, solving Warden spires, and -- once they can -- building observatories and workshops as needed. They also try to collect fauna scans and organic samples, trying to bring all of the Discovered numbers green. I do let the Expedition pilot engage in combat as necessary to protect Expedition outposts, including pre-emptive removal of nearby extractors. Once the Expedition has done its work, I bring in other pilots to start cleaning up the planet. After maybe 15 hours of play, I've got 15 pilots up to level 11, with the three Star Fox team pilots left (and I'm working on Slippy.) Six planets are completed, with only ruins and wrecks on Necrom left to go, along with one outlaw hideout still active. And all of the side campaigns are still to be done.

This game has shown me that I do not understand how weapon mastery affects the other pilots. It seemed simple, but apparently it's not. I may devote my next game to trying to suss that out.

katukinabarra
09-15-2019, 11:04 PM
You definitely have mastered the game. I will reach 140 hours soon, only one savedata. I like the game but "Keep Atlas Safe" seems a waste of time as the big enemies respawn endlessly. (One user asked to have option to turn this on/off, but I haven't read any news about this)

I wanted to have all discoveries green, I have done last Starfox Missions and The Cradle campaign theae days as I coukdn't fix all the bugs myself. But thank you, you helped me a lot with other issues and finding the cause of those that still remain.

It seems I have all space outlaw bases to conquer (I would say I had already 2 of them conquered and this has been reset as well, bit really don't know). {I have conquered a couple of them now and they fade normally in the map}

I have seen all space shipwrecks are to be done, but the counter says 11/11 as if all of them were already done. Anyway, all white spaceshuttle icons are normal, I have conquered one and was faded as usual (but I don't know if I reached to liberate all of them before Crimsom Moon was released).

I still have to do the Bounty Hunter campaign as well.

But what irritates me the most is the 5 ruins and the Catalog Prison bug. Where should I send a ticket to ubisoft to report these bugs officially?

Thank you in advance!

Auld_Jack
09-16-2019, 09:42 PM
I have seen all space shipwrecks are to be done, but the counter says 11/11 as if all of them were already done.
For some reason, that's telling you the number that you have found. Until you buy the Deep Radar upgrade to the Equinox, you only find them by stumbling across them or occasionally by hacking into sensor arrays. With Deep Radar, you immediately get the locations of all 11.

Where should I send a ticket to ubisoft to report these bugs officially?
Supposedly at https://support.ubi.com/Cases/New but after I log it I can't get the support page to load when using Firefox. I finally got it to go (albeit a bit slowly) using Edge. I used it once, and got back a canned first-level response (you know: be sure you're on the latest version of everything, reboot, redownload, let us know if that didn't solve the problem). In that particular case, the redownload fixed my issue.

katukinabarra
09-18-2019, 02:02 AM
I wrote two messages to Ubi support.

I finished the Bounty Hunter campaign.
[Other campaigns already cleared]
I cleared all main space wreckages
I cleared all outlaw space bases
I caught all normal wanted outlaws.
I finished the "sort-of-enciclopedia"

I have enjoyed this last part of the game.

I realised there were extra places to dechipher apart from the ones in The Cradle main campaign.

I cleared all dechipher sites in space.
I dechiphered extra sites in two planets (2 in each one), I will continue with this by now.

But when I finish this, I may clean all dreagnoughts+primes and I may consider the game maxed to 100%...

Even if I have realised there are a ton of small space wreckages/cargo shuttles in space. These are invisible in the star map and you have to find the on your way through the space (usually marked with an arrow when you are at a 50 distance or even nearer).

I don't think I am going to max this last thing up as it feels like Zelda's kolog seeds or maybe worse.

Thank you very much for your help.

Auld_Jack
09-18-2019, 05:39 PM
Yeah, it looks like there are somewhere over 100 of those Space Wreckages and Abandoned Cargo sites in space. That's based on watching the "percent complete" number when I approach them... at first it was about one for one, but later it lagged a bit behind. I wouldn't be surprised if there are one or two left when it hits 100%, but how would you know unless you can see a winking beacon light?

At the end of the game, where you are, I don't know if I'd personally bother with those space wrecks. Earlier in the game they're a ready source of Nova, but by the end of the game you probably don't need any more Nova.

If it were me, I'd already have started a new game. You can have three game saves at a time (go to the title screen from the Options page, or clase and restart the game). I still have my original game save (completed pre-Crimson Moon), and I use the other two slots for new games. I've found it interesting to try all of the different pilots in the early phases, at least up to the point where you've gotten your first Nova from the Shaletown Observatory and are ready to take it back to the crashed Equinox. A few pilots, especially Shaid, share some additional details all the way up through the early dealings with the Arbor Refinery. I was surprised how much new background info I learned from playing Shaid in those early stages.

Another thing you might play around with is to use Fox for the initial space battle, then Kharl until you're encountered the Shaletown Observatory, switch to Rankor (if you have him) until you've made planetfall on Haven, switch to Eli until you've encountered the Arbor Refinery, switch to Fern (if you have her) until you've taken down your first Prime, then switch to Galla (if you have her). That forces the game to use alternate characters and dialog for the times that you were going to meet some of the future team (because they're already on your team). Most of the time the switching works well, but having Galla arrive at the Prime that's already down results in some very messed-up dialog.

katukinabarra
09-19-2019, 12:28 AM
I have tried to archive and redownload the game again. Before doing this I had 5 ruins in Sonatus and Catalog Prison in Vylus as bug/glitches. After redownloading I have seen that I had to liberate 4 or 5 MORE ruins in Haven (the previous bugs still remain). It was funny because, I can conquer the city-like ruins by killing the enemies around them, but I can't conquer the sensor/array ruins even if I am able to decode its nodes (I decode, survive the hacking time, the hackeable node disappears but the ruin remains white on the map, I can come back and do it again for nothing.)

The information you share in the last paragraph is very interesting. I would never know the game had different lines of text for those situations.

I have mixed feelings about the game...

I like the flying mechanics and the space, exploring the planets and dogfighting were nice too. But the game could have been even better. The "selling politics" or " marketing system" (sorry, I don't know the exact Engljsh terms) could have been much better. I could talk a lot about the things I would propose in a different way but... Maybe it is not the correct place to do that.

And oh my, these bugs... I hope somebody fixes this stuff...

Auld_Jack
09-19-2019, 04:07 PM
oh my, these bugs... I hope somebody fixes this stuff...
My (ignorant) guess is that they won't. The thing is, those bugs apparently only affect a very few people who are still playing games that they started a long time ago. The bugs are in the saved data for your game, not in the software. Those bugs don't affect any games started recently, so they don't affect people who are buying the game now. Also, it seems like they only affect people who bought the physical starter kit with toys, and Ubisoft isn't selling that any more. There's simply no sales advantage to providing special code that will fix up your saved game.

For new game starts on the current Switch version, I haven't seen any bugs that prevent completion. I've reached completion on many, many game starts (I only occasionally play to completion). I'm continually annoyed by the bugs in the voice dialog, and by problems making out white text and white symbols against white backgrounds in the HUD, but those don't affect completion. And it's very probably just me, but I keep coming back for more anyway. I'm always thinking of new things to try, and it seems like I'm still learning something new with... well, maybe not every game any more, but every few games I play.

And I hate to admit it, but if Ubisoft sees their way clear to put out a new game in the Starlink series, I'll almost certainly be buying it. I hate to admit that because I know it'll be too expensive for my retirement income, but I'd find a way.

katukinabarra
09-20-2019, 01:13 AM
The most probable thing is that my game will remain like this, I understand it. They see no economic benefit on me any more, even if I have paid 65 (physical starter pack) + 35 (digital deluxe collection 1) + 20 (digital deluxe collection 2) + 12 (StarFox DLC). It's a pity, but if they don't fix it, I will have to assume their behaviour and take my own measures.

I try to buy Nintendo exclusive games for my Switch, as my main game library is on PC. Starlink is somehow an exception because they didn't say it would eventually appear on PC and because of the exclusive Starfox content.
As a person that normally plays on PC and is used to buy game bundles, this has been my biggest gaming investment of the year. There is no problem with that, the problem is with the bugs. Even more, if what some user have said is right and these bugs are due to the first download... It hurts be even more, as I can still remember I could have left the console downloading the day one patch so easily...

Some time ago, Ubi employees used to answer at least once to each thread we posted here, those times are gone. No answers have been received in the case of my support tickets. I was going to create another one for my third bug, but I think I've better assume they are not going to help us.

Anyway, it has been a pleasure to talk with you.

We can share the our Nintendo Switch games opinions if you want:

e-shop:
Blaster Master Zero: Correct game
Fast RMX: Correct game
Kamiko: Special game, acceptable for its price
Mighty Gunvolt Burst: OK game, Correct game (nowadays available on PC as well)

Physical games:
Mario Kart 8 DX: Fantastic
Splatoon 2: Fantastic
ARMS: Very good (Good if it doesn't fit you and feels short)
Pokken Tournament DX: Good (Very Good if it fits your style)
Golf Story (Limited Run): Very Good-Fantastic

Physical games people lent me:
Mario Rabbids: Very good-Fantastic
Zelda BotW: Fantastic
Mario Odyssey: Fantastic (but preferred Zelda)
Sonic Forces: 5 or 6 out of 10
Little Nightmares Complete Edition: Very good (Fantastic if you really enjoy it)
Sine Mora EX: Good-Very Good (depending on your taste)

It is very unlikely to have another Starlink for some time, this game has been an economic failure. It hasn't got a year and there is no technical support for it. The starter packs of PS4 and XBOX O are priced 9'99 nowadays. The switch version reached prices like 20. The toys got cheap as well but the dlcs keep being stupidly expensive if they are not bought on sale.

They could have added other things, this is a small list of thinvs I woukd have thanked: a total remap of controls option (it made me buy an xbox elite controller to aim+accelerate+jump+shield {yes, I can use this controller on the Switch}, total gyroscopic aiming/piloting feature, possibility to descend (why can't my ship descend on space?), Option to make weapons shoot backwards without using the toys/navigate the menu, possibility to swap weapons on the go or at least more fluently...