PDA

View Full Version : Expansion Pass Previously Purchased; Turtle & Alpaca not Free, 90 acorns wasted

TheeElf
09-09-2019, 07:53 PM
I had purchased the Trials Rising Expansion Pass as soon as it was available. Today there was a large patch released in preparation for the Crash & Sunburn DLC. After the patch was applied I loaded up the game and saw that there was a new DLC icon on the map but no DLC yet (not an issue). However, I got a notice about the bikes. So I went to the bike store and saw both bikes available for 45 acorns each. I purchased both bikes (90 acorns), not realizing both bikes were supposed to be free if you purchased the DLC. However, I found out that both bikes are supposed to be included with the Crash & Sunburn DLC. So now I have wasted 90 acorns that I could have saved for the track expansions since I was supposed to get them for free with the DLC Expansion Pass I already purchased. Why were the bikes made available early if they were included in the DLC purchase? Or if the DLC purchase was already done why weren't the bikes delivered instead of showing them for me to purchase.

I'm merely posting this as a warning for others as I've already submitted an Ubisoft ticket but going to be very disappointed if those 90 acorns are lost... :(:(

Scruffy McGuffy
09-09-2019, 08:17 PM
Not that it helps you now, but they posted about that here about 7 hours ago.

This update also prepares for tomorrow’s release of our second expansion, Crash and Sunburn. Because of this, after downloading today’s patch, our second expansion owners may see the Crash and Sunburn content on your World Maps. This content, however, will not be accessible until the official release of Crash and Sunburn on Tuesday, September 10th. Please see the images below to find out what time Crash and Sunburn will be released on your platform.

All Expansion II and Expansion Pass owners will receive the Alpaca and Turtle fun bikes as soon as the DLC2 content releases in your region. Do not purchase them before the DLC2 content is released for your platform in your region.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2123694-September-Update-and-DLC-2

TheeElf
09-09-2019, 09:42 PM
Yeah that kind of sucks considering there was no in-game notification and I didn't check t forums until after. Why the bikes were even available knowing they knew this was a possibility is frustrating. Hopefully they can resolve it.

IZEZxPRiNCESS
09-09-2019, 09:51 PM
give the boy back his acorns, I can understand the frustration absolutely .... that should not be possible ... really a stupid situation ...

Scruffy McGuffy
09-09-2019, 11:07 PM
Yeah that kind of sucks considering there was no in-game notification and I didn't check t forums until after. Why the bikes were even available knowing they knew this was a possibility is frustrating. Hopefully they can resolve it.
I suppose they're available to buy with acorns for those players who didn't buy the dlc? They should just push the updates out on the day dlc releases instead of the day before. It always confuses confusion on the day before the dlc because people are seeing things they can't click on, things they can double buy, etc.

UbiCosmos
09-10-2019, 12:49 AM
Hey there TheeElf,

I am going to move this to our Dedicated Player Support forum, to see if they can give you an expedited response. It might also be helpful to include your ticket number.

TheeElf
09-10-2019, 02:49 PM
Thanks UbiCosmos. I know a lot of forums don't want ticket numbers included. Currently Ryan is working my ticket 09719119 at the moment. No resolution yet but seems like it is heading that way. Thanks again,

TheeElf
09-10-2019, 03:06 PM
My issue has been resolved and the 90 acorns have been added back to my account.