PDA

View Full Version : What about Korea ?

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 01:55 PM
Ok, I REALLY like Battle of Britain, as a great fan of Pierre Closterman's "Great Show" (le grand cirque), I consider Hawker Typhoon, Tempest and Sea Fury and their Napier engines as masterpieces BUT !!!!:

What happened to the Korea Sim project you mentioned ?

Rossiskaya Aviatsia Mnye Nravitsa ! I mean, I'm so keen on your team's work because it's the original russian/soviet version of things ! I want to fly Mig 15, 17 and 19 (21 ? as an addon), and their western counterpart (Sabre, Super Sabre, twin-mustangs). I played "Mig Alley" a while ago, but I feel you can do so much better. I know the story by heart with regard to Battle of Britain, I cannot say so regarding Korea !

Why not featuring operations in Mongolia, China etc also....?

I'm also learning Russian, and would like to know how to play the game in the original russian version (for the radio orders part, I'm using a "gamevoice" to give orders over the radio). I have a french version...

Spassiba Oleg

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 01:55 PM
Ok, I REALLY like Battle of Britain, as a great fan of Pierre Closterman's "Great Show" (le grand cirque), I consider Hawker Typhoon, Tempest and Sea Fury and their Napier engines as masterpieces BUT !!!!:

What happened to the Korea Sim project you mentioned ?

Rossiskaya Aviatsia Mnye Nravitsa ! I mean, I'm so keen on your team's work because it's the original russian/soviet version of things ! I want to fly Mig 15, 17 and 19 (21 ? as an addon), and their western counterpart (Sabre, Super Sabre, twin-mustangs). I played "Mig Alley" a while ago, but I feel you can do so much better. I know the story by heart with regard to Battle of Britain, I cannot say so regarding Korea !

Why not featuring operations in Mongolia, China etc also....?

I'm also learning Russian, and would like to know how to play the game in the original russian version (for the radio orders part, I'm using a "gamevoice" to give orders over the radio). I have a french version...

Spassiba Oleg

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 04:55 AM
did someone mention Korea ! ! ! !

Drools ........

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 09:00 AM
Actually it would be sweet with P~63s against Ki~84s or whatever the Japanese used against the Soviets. I don't know much about this but it would indeed be a cool sim.

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 09:20 AM
Well Yes, Korea was mentioned by Oleg himself in an interview....on the official site I think I remember !

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 08:50 AM
Lexx Luthor i think the poster of this thread meant the Korean War 1950 -1953

the one with jets http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

also this era had the fastest most lethal prop fighters ever to see combat

it would be a step up in performance over FB

it would be the ULTIMATE prop sim

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 10:28 AM
"it would be the ULTIMATE prop sim"

Yep, Seafire 47 against La-11 should be interesting!

Cheers,

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 02:56 PM
CHDT wrote:
- "it would be the ULTIMATE prop sim"
-
-
- Yep, Seafire 47 against La-11 should be interesting!

No, SEA FURY against La-11 (or Mig-15) should be interesting! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<center>Qui vainc sans risque triomphe sans gloire.</center>
<center>http://www.raf.mod.uk/history/images/tempestv_t.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 03:30 PM
Yep and I can't understand why the interst of a Korean conflict is no more obvious.

The last great propfighters there and the first jets fighting in a WWII style without the missile cheat /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Cheers,

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 06:13 PM
With the A~1 Skyraider Oleg can then releace the Vietnam addon pac with the gun cheat after the missiles fail. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 06:48 PM
Sea Furries, Corsairs, ADs, Panthers, Banshees, TBMs, Skynights. Oleg could do this like no other, but unfortunately, we'd have to wait for him to make a whole new sim, because the FB engine won't allow carrier operations. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 08:17 PM
Ithnk that MiG 17,19,21s and Super Sabres youve going into vietman and the missile age Korea would execellent with the aircraft that were available the ie. the Grumman Panther now thats a bird