PDA

View Full Version : Engine stops working

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 07:29 PM
Hi. I'm a novice with plane games and i'm having a problem.
The problem is that the engine refuse to work and i lose speed and altitude too.
so, i finish every mission ejecting myself up.
i thougth that it was because i was going at a very low speed and the engine "Stall". But it happened to me when i was going at 250 km/h and in a horizontal position, not going up. It suddenly refused to work.
I dont know what to do, i dont want to eject myself everytime it happens.
So, can I avoid this problem? ANd, if it happens, can i make my engine start to work again?
Thank you, very much

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 07:29 PM
Hi. I'm a novice with plane games and i'm having a problem.
The problem is that the engine refuse to work and i lose speed and altitude too.
so, i finish every mission ejecting myself up.
i thougth that it was because i was going at a very low speed and the engine "Stall". But it happened to me when i was going at 250 km/h and in a horizontal position, not going up. It suddenly refused to work.
I dont know what to do, i dont want to eject myself everytime it happens.
So, can I avoid this problem? ANd, if it happens, can i make my engine start to work again?
Thank you, very much

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 07:40 PM
Some WEP systems on a plane,need to go through certain steps to properly fire up. The MW-50 on the DB engines in the late 109s, need to be started up and turned down at low throttle settings, preferably under 30%. If this procedure is not kept, your engine performance will degrade, and in the worst case, could cause permanent damage to the engine, which will gradually shut it down.

But most probably what you are going through is the negatove-G engine cutout on some planes like the I-16 or Hurricane MkI. If you push the stick and the plane goes through -G, the engine will shut down. You may try to restart the engine manually by pressing the engine key.

-----------
Due to pressure from the moderators, the sig returns to..

"It's the machine, not the man." - Materialist, and proud of it!