PDA

View Full Version : Problems setting up Rocksmith...interference

AMicciolajr
12-25-2011, 11:13 AM
So i started up the game connected everything right...so when it says to make noise I get a lot of feedback, mind you I can still hear the guitar but I am unable to lift the bar on the noise meter. When I am lucky enough to even slightly get it to move I cant palm mute. My setup is running on the analog cable on an HDTV. PLEASE ANY HELP/SUGGESTIONS

Marauder359
12-25-2011, 11:52 AM
When it says make noise, it's not kidding. You really need to strum... hard... seriously... and have your volume all the way up.

And what do you mean you can't get it to palm mute? You're not supposed to be palm muting at that point. It is doing a sound test. It wants you to strum the strings as hard and as loudly as you ever will in the game. Then it simply wants you to silence them. No palm muting in that section at all...

AMicciolajr
12-25-2011, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Marauder359:
When it says make noise, it's not kidding. You really need to strum... hard... seriously... and have your volume all the way up.

And what do you mean you can't get it to palm mute? You're not supposed to be palm muting at that point. It is doing a sound test. It wants you to strum the strings as hard and as loudly as you ever will in the game. Then it simply wants you to silence them. No palm muting in that section at all...[Q]
------------------------------------------------
I meant to say mute the strings not palm mute...basically what i'm getting is a lot of static in the background. I strum pretty damn hard but still, the static doesnt allow me to actually have any sound register, I was thinking it may be a problem with the cable that came in the box

Marauder359
12-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Could be... I get a little bit of static with my Squier. I get virtually none with my classic 50's strat (Unless I lay back to rest my back and the guitar is basically laid flat), then I get just a hint... and my USA strat has zero static. So, it's either a bad cord, or perhaps your PUps aren't that great.

Do you have another guitar around that could test your theory? And you made sure your volume was all the way up? Have you tried rotating yourself to see if that lessens the static?

How do you get to the mute part if you haven't passed the sound part, btw?

AMicciolajr
12-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Marauder359:
Could be... I get a little bit of static with my Squier. I get virtually none with my classic 50's strat (Unless I lay back to rest my back and the guitar is basically laid flat), then I get just a hint... and my USA strat has zero static. So, it's either a bad cord, or perhaps your PUps aren't that great.

Do you have another guitar around that could test your theory? And you made sure your volume was all the way up? Have you tried rotating yourself to see if that lessens the static?

How do you get to the mute part if you haven't passed the sound part, btw?

thats just the thing I can hear my guitar in the game, just has a boat load of static. I actually have two electric guitars and I have tried both and both give a lot, a lot of static

volcomnukka
12-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Great friggin game! Broke my guitar strings less than 10 minutes playing during tuning! WTF is there a way to bypass tuning? What a waste of money

KilaRoach
12-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by volcomnukka:
Great friggin game! Broke my guitar strings less than 10 minutes playing during tuning! WTF is there a way to bypass tuning? What a waste of money

. . ."bypass tuning" . . . Ha, thats a good one. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

WickedBadz
12-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Why would you tune so much you break your strings? Find a tutorial on tuning so you stop over tightening the strings and breaking them.

T_O_A_D
12-25-2011, 07:54 PM
I'd have to agree here.

The tuning tension of a guitar is controlled by the user not a game or a tuner.

I was taught just recently with an inherited acoustic. To back off the tension and then tighten up till tune.

I don't have the game yet, but I'd make sure I was close to tune outside of the game first and all the strings are in good shape before ever attempting it inside the game.

rchiav
12-25-2011, 08:06 PM

are you really blaming the game making you tune your guitar for your string breaking?

alexrdavies
10-27-2012, 01:31 PM
Here's what worked for me (on PC):

Start -> Control Panel -> Hardware & Sound -> Manage Audio Devices -> Recording

Then play the guitar and notice which one responds - that's the USB input.

Click on it; Properties; Levels; and then turn it up to 100. Now it's much easier to get the game to notice you.

arkay71
10-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Here's what worked for me (on PC):

Start -> Control Panel -> Hardware & Sound -> Manage Audio Devices -> Recording

Then play the guitar and notice which one responds - that's the USB input.

Click on it; Properties; Levels; and then turn it up to 100. Now it's much easier to get the game to notice you.

setting that too high may cause lots of feedback though . i had to turn it back down below 50 for most of the feedback to be gone , game runs fine though

JPS2K5
10-28-2012, 11:31 AM

-1 for making your 1st post being a rant/blameshift/whatever. A lot of that going on lately....